British husband of "Lady of the Hills" confirmed as teaching English in Kanchanaburi

snoop1130

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ewelve said:

You guys make me puke. I know David and his kids for years, he's one of the nicest gentlest people ever. He adores his family and he protected them from more heart ache by saying what he did. Would you sanctimonious cretins do any different with young children. People up here in Kan that know him Thai and Farang have no doubt Dave did nothing and this diatribe is vile and horrible for him and his family.

I have tried to keep an open mind on whether he murdered he or not, or even just disposed of the body, there are a lot of questions that he must answer, not here on an open forum, but to preferably make contact if he has not done so with the North Yorkshire Police as soon as possible, and get a solicitor on board.

My take on this was I read about it last year on the BBC web site where it said she may be Thai, I immediately thought members of ThaiVisa may be able to help, when it came up I am not ashamed to say I deliberately bumped the the story on a number occasions to try and get it read by as many people as possible.

I did it because she must have family who should be given closure,  she and her family probably wanted her remains repatriated and a Thai funeral for her, the police need to know how she died and if anyone has committed any crime so the case can be closed.

As I say I have an open mind on what happened, but the following comes to mind:

• She left for another fella.
  • She walked out and ended up there and died of hypothermia as first thought by the police investigating.
  • She died but not murdered and her body moved there. 
  • She was killed in a heated argument that could best be described as a domestic.

If you are Davids friend this is the time he needs his friends, one thing I am sure of there is nothing whatsoever to indicate he is a serial killer.  

4 hours ago, ewelve said:

You guys make me puke. I know David and his kids for years, he's one of the nicest gentlest people ever. He adores his family and he protected them from more heart ache by saying what he did. Would you sanctimonious cretins do any different with young children. People up here in Kan that know him Thai and Farang have no doubt Dave did nothing and this diatribe is vile and horrible for him and his family.

Everybody loved Dr Harold Shipman?

9 minutes ago, bannork said:

Very few mothers will ever walk out on their kids. Even less will never get in contact with them again. This is a strong pointer towards foul play in my opinion.

Loads of women in Thailand do that, in fact my own (former) Thai wife did exactly that with our son and her daughter, I've still got them. Pattaya is full of Thai women who left their kids in the village. Women deserting their own kids is absolutely common in any country that doesn't pay women welfare.

The only reason women don't do it much in the UK is because two children in your house nets you around 20,000 pounds in benefits.

4 hours ago, ewelve said:

RE - He adores his family and he protected them from more heart ache by saying what he did.

Yes you have right, the fake runaway story may have been more protective and less hearth breaking than the truth ...

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Loads of women in Thailand do that, in fact my own (former) Thai wife did exactly that with our son and her daughter, I've still got them. Pattaya is full of Thai women who left their kids in the village. Women deserting their own kids is absolutely common in any country that doesn't pay women welfare.

The only reason women don't do it much in the UK is because two children in your house nets you around 20,000 pounds in benefits.

Leaving the kids with grandparents or husbands and keeping in contact is not deserting them. Never getting in contact again is.

6 hours ago, Basil B said:

Wonder if if any one has done Jury service and ca tell us what the were instructed in regards to the phrase "Beyond all reasonable doubt"?   

To find someone guilty of murder in the UK, the jury would have to be certain the defendant was guilty.

That means no other logical explanation could be derived from the facts except that the defendant committed the crime, thereby overcoming the presumption that a defendant is innocent until proven guilty.

After reading everything so far, there are still logical explanations that have not been ruled out. On that basis I would find the man not guilty.

2 minutes ago, blackcab said:

To find someone guilty of murder in the UK, the jury would have to be certain the defendant was guilty.

That means no other logical explanation could be derived from the facts except that the defendant committed the crime, thereby overcoming the presumption that a defendant is innocent until proven guilty.

After reading everything so far, there are still logical explanations that have not been ruled out. On that basis I would find the man not guilty.

fair comment, but there again based on what has been posted so far the CPS should not even allow this to to proceed to the courts.

2 hours ago, bannork said:

Very few mothers will ever walk out on their kids. Even less will never get in contact with them again. This is a strong pointer towards foul play in my opinion.

My mother left me and my 2 sisters when we were in our teens. She didn't give a shiite then and even in her old age now, she is a massive disappointment. 

Recently sold her home  from under me. I have been paying the mortgage for years under her name. Sold it and <deleted> Ck U quite recently. A disappointment when younger and a selfish barstewart even now.

Pull yer head out of ur ass and see the world for what it really is. 

Just now, Basil B said:

fair comment, but there again based on what has been posted so far the CPS should not even allow this to to proceed to the courts.

Cases such as these have regular case review meetings between the police, CPS and the prosecuting counsel.

Counsel and a senior prosecutor will direct the police to close all the holes in the case and the police will have a list of statements that are required in order to do so.

The entire process is very managed and directed; the police do not just wander around chatting to people on the off chance. The same goes for the decision to charge.

If charges are preferred then it will be after a thorough and careful review.

2 hours ago, bannork said:

It was reported somewhere that she returned to her family in Thailand for a short visit sometime between 2003 and 2004 prior to her disappearance.  Her mother claims she got a call from her kids which caused her to return home to the U.K.  The mother also said that there were marital problems between her daughter and Mr. Armitage and that a divorce was being considered.  Also that there was a custody battle involving the kids.  So no, I don't believe she would have walked out on her kids either.

43 minutes ago, thequietman said:

My mother left me and my 2 sisters when we were in our teens. She didn't give a shiite then and even in her old age now, she is a massive disappointment. 

Recently sold her home  from under me. I have been paying the mortgage for years under her name. Sold it and <deleted> Ck U quite recently. A disappointment when younger and a selfish barstewart even now.

Pull yer head out of ur ass and see the world for what it really is. 

My mother left me even before I was born - she passed away in her crib ...

56 minutes ago, IslandLover said:

It was reported somewhere that she returned to her family in Thailand for a short visit sometime between 2003 and 2004 prior to her disappearance.  Her mother claims she got a call from her kids which caused her to return home to the U.K.  The mother also said that there were marital problems between her daughter and Mr. Armitage and that a divorce was being considered.  Also that there was a custody battle involving the kids.  So no, I don't believe she would have walked out on her kids either.

But it's just your belief!  I could construct an equally plausible and well reasoned explanation as to why she could have just left of her own accord.

I remember reading much of what you've reported but there are certain embellishments in my view. Can you find the report?

12 hours ago, ewelve said:

I know David and his kids for years

Then maybe you can ask him if he ever reported her missing in 2004? Simple question. 

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

That is one of those things that always stunned me about Thai culture.

Men especially, but women too, seem to be able to just walk away from children as easily as dropping a pair of dirty underwear

5 hours ago, mommysboy said:

But it's just your belief!  I could construct an equally plausible and well reasoned explanation as to why she could have just left of her own accord.

I remember reading much of what you've reported but there are certain embellishments in my view. Can you find the report?

You can google all the reports yourself.  I did.

On 3/23/2019 at 5:46 AM, balo said:

I would think that Mr Armitage as a British expat for more than 10 years in Thailand is a member here on Thaivisa ? 

It would be interesting to hear his side of the story, but so far he has kept his mouth shut. 

If I was completely innocent I would have had no problems with being interviewed by Thaivisa or any local media.

In the media you are guilty until proven innocent. I would never talk to the media guilty or innocent. That would be my lawyers job.

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I disagree , UK Mothers tend to do anything to keep their kids , Thai mothers tend "leave" their kids in the village and then get back to their normal life without their kids , just going too visit now and then .

Finance may have something to do with it , but using my Spoonie bomber statistics , 99 % of Thai woman would choose to leave their kids in the village and get back to city life, whereas 99 % of Western woman would choose to stay in the village with their kids .............and 99 % of attorneys agree with me  

But one month later all contact stopped and no more money was sent.

Joomsri said she had a dream that her daughter had been pushed into mud and was dead. She claimed the spirit of her daughter called out to her that she was cold.

A visit to a medium produced the same results leading Joomsri to believe her daughter was dead and perhaps murdered by her husband. 

Ah! Compelling evidence.  What jury could fail to convict?

2 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Joomsri said she had a dream that her daughter had been pushed into mud and was dead. She claimed the spirit of her daughter called out to her that she was cold.

A visit to a medium produced the same results leading Joomsri to believe her daughter was dead and perhaps murdered by her husband. 

A jury would not convict on that evidence 

44 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I disagree , UK Mothers tend to do anything to keep their kids , Thai mothers tend "leave" their kids in the village and then get back to their normal life without their kids , just going too visit now and then .

Finance may have something to do with it , but using my Spoonie bomber statistics , 99 % of Thai woman would choose to leave their kids in the village and get back to city life, whereas 99 % of Western woman would choose to stay in the village with their kids .............and 99 % of attorneys agree with me  

I disagree in your disagreement as it seems to be a truth with certain modifications - Thai mothers leave their children in the village under the care of family members while UK mothers leave their children in foster care and/or through adoption - a small but significant difference where the Thai version clearly benefit all parties and especially the children ... :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Where did THAT report come from?  And you accuse me of "embellishing" facts!  :w00t: 

4 hours ago, mommysboy said:

I did and i can't find any that correspond with some of the things you reported. Some facts appear to have been introduced.

If you can tell me exactly which facts you think I have introduced or embellished, I will be happy to provide the media report for you.  Or are you just trolling me?

Archived