British husband of "Lady of the Hills" confirmed as teaching English in Kanchanaburi

snoop1130

8 hours ago, ttrd said:

I disagree in your disagreement as it seems to be a truth with certain modifications - Thai mothers leave their children in the village under the care of family members while UK mothers leave their children in foster care and/or through adoption - a small but significant difference where the Thai version clearly benefit all parties and especially the children ... :thumbsup:

UK mothers rarely leave their kids to be raised by someone else. Here it is pretty common.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ttrd said:

I disagree in your disagreement as it seems to be a truth with certain modifications - Thai mothers leave their children in the village under the care of family members while UK mothers leave their children in foster care and/or through adoption - a small but significant difference where the Thai version clearly benefit all parties and especially the children ... :thumbsup:

Thai Mothers also leave their kids for adoption or place then in orphanages or put them in childrens homes much oreso that in the UK .

Also many Thai Mothers give their kids to the grandmother in the village much moreso that UK Mothers give their kids to their grandmothers .

Some villages seem to consist entirely of grandparents and grand kids .

If we are talking about numbers , the number of UK Mothers who abandon their kids to either the grandparents or childrens homes would be less than 1 % , in Thailand , I would say that that figure is closer to 25 % .

On 3/23/2019 at 2:06 AM, Basil B said:

Just leave the guy alone, leave it to the authorities to interview him, I would have thought the University may have suspended him until all enquirers are complete, just as a precaution.

A precaution against what?

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

Thai Mothers also leave their kids for adoption or place then in orphanages or put them in childrens homes much oreso that in the UK .

Then they must be very poor and desperate. Most have relatives that will look after the kids. 

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:29 AM, Just Weird said:

Clicks and advertising revenue!

It is a mystery, and one that we all would like to know about.

In TV's defence I would argue the above, however I am greatly annoyed that many links on this site lead to virus/trash and I will not click on any of them now.

Also sensationalism is rife and topics do tend to go haywire, such is life.

''The time has come the Walrus said for democracy to go to bed''. 

6 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

however I am greatly annoyed that many links on this site lead to virus/trash and I will not click on any of them now.

Take that up with the Admin via the tech help forum.

There are ways to avoid them but talking about them here is a bit like committing TV lese majeste.

To me it doesnt sound much like a "strange case".

The husband claims she ran off with another man? So he made no effort to keep in touch with her or the other man for the childrens sake? He has no information about this other man?

If she just disappeared the normal thing would be to file a missing persons report. They had 2 children together. If it had just been him with no children then I would be more likely to accept a "fck it!" and not report it.

And to the person here who knows him and claims he is just a sweet and caring person...you never really know whats going on inside someones head. Some people are extremely good at covering up their actual personality. Also, anyone can snap if they are pushed too far.

My money is on murder and cover-up by the husband. His actions after she disappeared are not consistent with the story. I'm not saying he is a cold blooded killer. But something likely happened that pushed him over the edge. The problem with the alternative, that she went out and died in the cold by her self doesnt fit his coverstory. If she went out and disappeared he would have filed a missing person report.

But its all in the hands of the Law now, either here in Thailand or in the UK. He really shouldnt talk with any reporters, thats for sure. But he absolutely should start talking to some lawyers.

8 hours ago, RobbyXNorway said:

The husband claims she ran off with another man? So he made no effort to keep in touch with her or the other man for the childrens sake? He has no information about this other man?

If she just disappeared the normal thing would be to file a missing persons report. They had 2 children together.

Exactly!   He is guilty for sure. I don't care what people are saying , he is so nice etc.   And then just doesn't care his wife gone missing, when they have 2 kids together.   

3 minutes ago, roo860 said:

He was taking the piss.

Yes ,  I understood that  , he meant that the jury wouldnt convict on that evidence , my point was that they would probably have some other evidence in which to convict   

Archived