BANGKOK 24 April 2019 18:48
canthai55

Clair C+ Air Purifier

I do not buy any electronic device that does not have a dedicated service centre in Chiang Mai. I have been bitten too many times by having bought Amazon, Google & other devices from websites, only to find there is no way of getting things repaired properly.

• Like 1

A friend just got some air purifiers in CM at Power Buy at Central Festival but said it was slim pickings.  I'd like to get one locally tomorrow but I'm not sure how many options there are left. 

Can anyone point me to a specific store in CM and if possible a specific air purifier model that should be available here?  I don't want to order anything online.  I want it purchased and serviced here in CM.

Thanks.

A shit ton of Xiaomi units in multiple sizes just arrived to Centfest the other day when I was buying masks there. Cheaper online but make sure you get a unit in English with the correct plug if you go that route.

Can't answer for the OP but Mi on the 3rd floor next to DTAC is a  Xiaomi dealer but didn't have a single one in stock 3 weeks back.

SPORTS UPDATE!

I made the rounds today and every place either didn't have them more likely they were sold out/out of stock.

Mi store on 3rd floor of Festival had a 9,500 baht unit one could order for pickup tomorrow but I declined (for now).

Power Buy has this for 6,900 baht.  Only works with rooms up to 20 square meters.:

Clair C+ Air Purifier

I went to two Power Buys, Siam TV, Festival IT City, Home Pro, Index Living Mall, and Big C Extra.  Any other places I didn't think of?  I would like to get one tomorrow if possible...I didn't know it would be so difficult.  I'd drive to Lampang or somewhere outside of town if I thought I could find something.

I purchased a Xiaomi unit from Lazada. Took 3 days.

It does a reasonable job, but I doubt many of these lower end units have ever seen many 400+ days, so it gets down to 40 but struggles to get any lower...but at least that is safe.

This was was the reading when I turned it in this morning...its down under 100 now.

I am finding this toxic wasteland very concerning and after 12 years, my time here is coming to an end...this is no way to live.

IMG_9419.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 11:01 PM, stargazer9999 said:

I don't want to order anything online.  I want it purchased and serviced here in CM.

You are aware that buying something locally does not mean it can be serviced locally (or at all)?  Only a few, mostly multi-nationals, actually service much here and even then it sometimes requires import of parts and often priced to encourage buying new.  

1 hour ago, DLock said:

I purchased a Xiaomi unit from Lazada. Took 3 days.

It does a reasonable job, but I doubt many of these lower end units have ever seen many 400+ days, so it gets down to 40 but struggles to get any lower...

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-24 um 11.49.23.png

What are folks there using to "seal" their windows and doors?

I found some 3M window and door sealing tape rolls via OfficeMate online here in BKK, but their supply was very limited, and OM was the only place I've ever seen such a product here.

Is there something else that you folks can find and use there locally?

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I found some 3M window and door sealing tape rolls via OfficeMate online here in BKK, but their supply was very limited, and OM was the only place I've ever seen such a product here.

HomePro here in Latphao has been selling such things for a few years now - I bought door strips some years ago and on last visit noted they had a fair range of such items for sale.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2019 at 5:39 PM, canthai55 said:

Just picked one up. Made in Korea.

Did you buy locally somewhere, if so where?  Or did you buy online from their website for delivery?

In reading thru the details, it's hard to understand how those units can have such low electrical usage... 5 watts?  Their product description says its because they don't have ionizers and such. But for my air purifiers, it's not those elements that use the power. It's the rotating fan being driven by the motor at high speeds to suck large volumes of air thru the filter and out into the room...

Also, don't see anything in their information about their products being rated for amounts of Clean Air Delivery, which is a kind of standard for how much filtered air output a unit can produce.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

HomePro here in Latphao has been selling such things for a few years now - I bought door strips some years ago and on last visit noted they had a fair range of such items for sale.  

Lopburi, this is what I bought from OfficeMate online... I've never seen anything comparable either on the HomePro website or in my local HomePro store....

880167847_Print2019-03-2412_52_29.jpg.1278f2e373ba782ede5221971087bfe0.jpg

https://www.officemate.co.th/en/scotch-เทปปิดร่องประตู-หน้าต่าง-ภายใน-ขาว-สก๊อตช์-xn004211100-ofm9000486

They had another thicker model that is this product, but currently show it as out of stock, not surprisingly:

1962705050_Print2019-03-2413_01_08.jpg.f0179a02c5822bc527192aa4459ef709.jpg

https://www.officemate.co.th/en/scotch-เทปปิดร่องประตู-หน้าต่าง-แบบขน-เทา-สก๊อตช์-xt300959663-ofm9000485

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK