Youth groups

We are travelling to Koh Samui later this year for three months with our two children, both boys, aged 13 and 12. Does anyone know of any youth groups, football clubs, volunteering opportunities etc they could join.

We have stayed in KS before for several months while home schooling the children but they would like to meet up with other children the same age.

Thanks

Susan

I would guess that responses will be more meaningful depending as to where on the island you will be based.

I would also suggest that you contact the nearest International school in that area.

For north Chaweng

https://www.iss.ac.th/

For Lamai

https://www.panyadee.ac.th/

For Maenam

https://www.oonraksamui.ac.th/

There will be others, but I think that these are the main ones.

The all have out of hours activities etc and usually accept non school attendees. The ISS does for sure.

9 hours ago, plum77 said:

We have stayed in KS before for several months while home schooling the children but they would like to meet up with other children the same age.

Then put them to school instead of home schooling them.

The school is the best place to make friends and join groups - a home is not..

12 hours ago, plum77 said:

Does anyone know of any youth groups, football clubs, volunteering opportunities etc they could join.

Samui United Academy in Chaweng area – Bo Phut at the Ring Road opposite the Caltex gasoline station – is the football club used by numerous expats, and children speaking English language. They also arrange friendly matches with other of the island's football teams for youth, including matches with some of the international school teams and also Thai schools, normally divided in two groups as "under 12", and "under 15".

Samui United Academy's homepage here.

There are other football groups, but mainly Thai language (only) spoken, and with majority of Thai kids; like "Dek Mui Academy" in Maenam.

Football-players.jpg.c5e51b957d4aafa188f7ee3d518a7606.jpg

The photo is from a friendly girls only football match in February at Samui Tee Rak Stadion in Maenam, with participation of Samui United Academy, Dek Mui Academy, Wanichaya School, and International School of Samui (ISS).

PanyaDee School, the British School of Samui, is placed in Chaweng Noi, next to the Ring Road, and not in Lamai.

In Lamai you'll find Lamai International School (LIS).

????

3 hours ago, plum77 said:

Thanks for the reply and I will get in touch with the schools you mentioned.

I will edit the post as we are staying in Bangrak area but will be able to travel about.

Closest International schools to Bang Rak are ISS in Bo Phut, and Oonrak in Maenam. Be aware of traffic on the Ring Road – travel time – if you plan to drive the kids to school yourself. From Bang Rak you can use alternative road to get to ISS, and avoid the Ring Road; however ISS is the most expensive school on the island, about double price of some of the other international schools.

Archived