Mueller submits Trump-Russia inquiry report to U.S. attorney general

rooster59

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Absolutely correct- there are ongoing investigations involving Trump in the Southern District of New York.

In addition= we have not seen the Mueller report-  Trump could also be considered by the Feds as an unindicted co-conspirator or obstructing justice.

I want to see the full report- since my tax dollars paid for it and I want all the attachments  and investigative documents that go with the report.

I don't think Trump himself actually collaborated directly with Russia to get elected but members of his team sure as hell did. Trump is too smart to get involved in a direct collaboration but if he knew and let it go on- it shows that he is certainly no patriot and would sell his soul to the devil.

there  is the emoluments  case against him in which he is enriching himself and his family through the Presidency in direct violation of the US Congress.

I agree completely with the House Speaker who does not want to impeach Trump due to the hassle and cost involved. Let's vote the  narcissistic megalomaniac out of office and send him back where he belongs- the scrap heap of History.

IMO Trump will go down in History as the worst President ever.  His foreign policy is a shambles and his domestic policy is a lie.

His modus operandi is to continue lying and eventually enough people  will believe it.

As a human being he is reprehensible. His rhetoric and personal attacks on people- even when they have died show no moral compass.

Americans better wake up- because the rest of the World has lost all respect for Trump's vision of America. America cannot go it alone- it is a disaster in the making.

For God's sake, man.  If you knew members of Trump's team collaborated directly with Russia to get Trump elected, why didn't you get word to Mueller?  Failure to report a felony is itself a felony. 

4 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Your wrong, facutally and legally

Which statement is wrong?  That directing an illegal campaign finance scheme is a crime?  Or that Trump directed such a scheme?   If the latter, tell it to the judge - literally.

In sentencing the president’s former fixer, federal judge William H. Pauley III said in open court that Trump had directed his then-lawyer to commit a federal felony. This was in some respects a formality, a confirmation of a conclusion that prosecutors and the United States Probation Office had reached last week. But while it might have been a formality, it was important. No one in that courtroom, including the judge, disagreed that Trump directed Cohen to commit crimes.

The next few sentences are even more telling: "Trump has downplayed his role, calling the payments a “simple private transaction” and, “only a CIVIL CASE” that would result in liability for Cohen and not him."  By downplaying his role, he has admitted to having a role.  In other words, sure, okay I did something but it wasn't all that bad. Just a civil crime, okay?

So if you must continue the "you're wrong" line of defense, please go start telling it to Trump who willingly downplayed his role in the scheme, instead of denying his participation in it.

Frequent Trump defender Andrew McCarthy on Fox "News": Why Trump is likely to be indicted by Manhattan US Attorney

4 minutes ago, attrayant said:

So if you must continue the "you're wrong"

I shan't participate, the Umbrella lady is too strong. Meanwhile those of us here who actually have had clients plead guilty in a US District Court know what I am talking about, and any reasonable minded layman that wants a fuller explanation can PM me.

I know that you are speaking with some expertise, you have been involved in many plea allocutions in federal Courts havent you.???? Oh wait no, you got your knowledge from......Opinion Pieces!

7 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Which statement is wrong?  That directing an illegal campaign finance scheme is a crime?  Or that Trump directed such a scheme?   If the latter, tell it to the judge - literally.

In sentencing the president’s former fixer, federal judge William H. Pauley III said in open court that Trump had directed his then-lawyer to commit a federal felony. This was in some respects a formality, a confirmation of a conclusion that prosecutors and the United States Probation Office had reached last week. But while it might have been a formality, it was important. No one in that courtroom, including the judge, disagreed that Trump directed Cohen to commit crimes.

The next few sentences are even more telling: "Trump has downplayed his role, calling the payments a “simple private transaction” and, “only a CIVIL CASE” that would result in liability for Cohen and not him."  By downplaying his role, he has admitted to having a role.  In other words, sure, okay I did something but it wasn't all that bad. Just a civil crime, okay?

So if you must continue the "you're wrong" line of defense, please go start telling it to Trump who willingly downplayed his role in the scheme, instead of denying his participation in it.

Frequent Trump defender Andrew McCarthy on Fox "News": Why Trump is likely to be indicted by Manhattan US Attorney

There will be nothing from this, but you can still keep hoping, or maybe hold your breath till you get what you want. 

7 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I shan't participate, the Umbrella lady is too strong. Meanwhile those of us here who actually have had clients plead guilty in a US District Court know what I am talking about, and any reasonable minded layman that wants a fuller explanation can PM me.

I know that you are speaking with some expertise, you have been involved in many plea allocutions in federal Courts havent you.???? Oh wait no, you got your knowledge from......Opinion Pieces!

Why keep your alleged explanation confidential in a PM?

6 hours ago, Tug said:

You mean the lier in chef  flip floper lol if muller says anything ontoward about Donald he will have a tantrum and some poster was saying about how poor Donald and everyone picking on him bull s&*@ he is the biggest troll on the planet

Triggered, still. Amazing 

2 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Embarrassing post of the year.

LOL, your posts have gone from the simply sad to the sublimely pathetic. Got to run, the grass needs cutting on the Grassy Knoll

1 hour ago, attrayant said:

You haven't read anything, have you?  Trump is an unindicted co-conspirator.  That means the only reason he has not been indicted is because of the office he holds.  He has done something worthy of an indictment, but won't be indicted because of a technicality.

The technicality being the embarrassment of bringing such an absurd and baseless charge. Negotiating a non-disclosure agreement with a private individual over some alleged personal sexual matter is not a "campaign contribution".  The FEC has been clear on that since the Edwards Scandal. And the Edwards situation was a far closer call. There it was actually rich Democratic Donors who were paying the woman off. You could make the argument why, other than politics, would a rich Democratic Donor want to pay off John Edward's mistress? And the whole point of campaign finance laws is to prevent rich mega donors from making donations in excess of the stated limits And still, the FEC said not a donation. With Trump, it was himself making the payment, so the idea he is doing it for personal and not political reasons is on infinitely stronger footing. And individuals can make unlimited contributions to their own campaign so the "skirting maximum donation limits" doesn't even come in to play. 

With the Edwards situation, a reasonably strong case could be made that he violated the spirit, though not the letter of the law. Trump violated neither the spirit nor the letter. 

5 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Embarrassing post of the year.

nyezhov.JPG.31237012668586e6e59e211b2d93787c.JPG

Well maybe for 2019, but in the past 12 months Nyezhov gave his adamant 'professional' opinion that Manafort would not do time.

But the year is young and there are some stunningly certain remarks being made regarding the contents of the Mueller report before anyone has read it. 

Witch hunt

"An investigation carried out ostensibly to uncover subversive activities but actually used to harass and undermine those with differing views".

Over 2 years of this

What a Fugazi

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Well maybe for 2019, but in the past 12 months Nyezhov gave his adamant 'professional' opinion that Manafort would not do time.

But the year is young and there are some stunningly certain remarks being made regarding the contents of the Mueller report before anyone has read it. 

The profession being "bloviator"?

17 minutes ago, usviphotography said:

With the Edwards situation, a reasonably strong case could be made that he violated the spirit, though not the letter of the law. Trump violated neither the spirit nor the letter. 

Nice analysis. Are you an attorney? If not, Im impressed. Many laymen dont undertand the nuances, especially when every fiber of their lives is tied up with Trump hating.

My other question to the Trump haters is that now that your dreams are crushed, don't you think it would be better to ditch the silly avatars and slogans and enjoy wonderful Thailand? Theres a whole bunch of funny stuff going on here over in the Farang Pub, maybe you would care to join in and give up your singleminded Trump vendettas. 

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Nice analysis. Are you an attorney? If not, Im impressed. Many laymen dont undertand the nuances, especially when every fiber of their lives is tied up with Trump hating.

My other question to the Trump haters is that now that your dreams are crushed, don't you think it would be better to ditch the silly avatars and slogans and enjoy wonderful hailand? Theres a whole bunch of funny stuff going on here over in the Farang Pub, maybe you would care to join in and give up your singleminded Trump vendettas. 

Good thing to know that there as no potential grounds for criminal fraud re the governance of his charity or his no contest plea in a civil case to defrauding customers out of 25 million dollars. And then there are the tax fraud issues being looked at. Or are you contending that this was part of Manafort's remit also?

9 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Not so fast. There now needs to be a serious investigation into how the witch hunt started. Did democrat players really pay dodgy spy Steele to gin up the dossier that started it all? Does Steele himself these days still stand by his dossier? This farce has overshadowed Trumps term so far. As I have said before, if the witch hunt was kicked off for political reasons by Trumps opponents, and does not prove he colluded with Russia to cause Clinton to lose her rightful victory, the clock must be reset to zero. Trump must be allowed to restart his first term. No other option in my mind.

That would be nice, naming and shaming all those who lied and pushed for the investigation would be better! Of course it'll never happen, the cabal of media and venal politicians will scratch each others back from now until doomsday! It would appear that "all media= all lies"!

11 minutes ago, riclag said:

Yea

Yah, all process! While my beloved POTUS , First Family and Americans have been vindicated of this Russian non sense

Do you also think Al Capone was vindicated of mob activity by his conviction on tax evasion charges?  

6 hours ago, riclag said:

Can't we all accept the Big witch hunt is over now and have a group hug

Irrespective of what the Mueller report concludes, I do not have one ounce of respect for this orange clown, not because he is an orange clown, but because along with that he is a liar, a cheat, an employer of illegal labour, a misogynist, a racist, an adulterer and an ego driven narcissist of the first order.

Why on earth would anybody want to support this poor excuse for a human being, irrespective of any report?

AND...

Mueller revealed how those closest to President Donald Trump defrauded banks, cheated on their taxes and, time and time again, lied to deflect inquiries into their ties with Russia. After 22 months of meticulous investigation, charges against 34 people - including six former Trump aides or confidants - 

12 minutes ago, riclag said:

Yea

Yah, all process! While my beloved POTUS , First Family and Americans have been vindicated of this Russian non sense

Thats so beautiful....*wiping away a tear*.....

I just want to sing. Where did I put my turquise dress? My hair is a little too short but I got the weight right....

10 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

Sad day for democracy when a 2 year investigation sends many minions to jail and fails to find that the bosses of the minions were involved.

Power and corruption wins again.

So very true PP............

As Republicans Celebrate, Mueller Just Won Two Huge Victories. And as a result, it is very likely that the legal peril for President Donald Trump (and at least three of his children) is just beginning.Which means that there may be more indictments and prosecutions coming from other places within the Justice Department."

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/03/23/as-republicans-celebrate-mueller-just-won-two-huge-victories.html

"Just because Mueller considers a certain batch of evidence not grounds for a prosecution on his own motion doesn’t mean it might not create future legal and political jeopardy for Trump. Other prosecutors pursuing other angles could pick up on his findings, the report could provide evidence that will sit, ticking like a time bomb, until he leaves office. "

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/03/the-legal-trouble-trump-may-face-after-the-mueller-report.html

The bitter reality that this probe has spawned many others stretching far beyond Russia — so it's delusional to think it simply ends with no collusion. "

https://www.axios.com/mueller-investigation-democrats-72dc631a-709b-4b39-90bd-24e814130e61.html

Archived