Returning to London, Britain's May faces mammoth task to change minds on Brexit

rooster59

7 minutes ago, John1012 said:

I voted to leave. To regain autonomy of law making in order to benefit the people and industry of the UK. 

You will regain a tiny bit of law making autonomy that will not benefit but hurt the people and industry of the UK. 

To distance the UK from the unelected, probably unelectable, despotic cabal that rules in Brussels, and currently rules in the UK.

You should educate yourself before posting nonsense. 

To be able to reverse the drain on the taxpayer of unwanted gimmigrants leeching off the benefits system.

You think immigrants don’t want to go to the UK anymore after Brexit has destroyed the economy?

The UK trades successfully under WTO rules with many countries outside of the EU,

Really? Tell us the percentage trades under WTO rules. 

why could a free trade agreement, under WTO rules have not been negotiated with the EU?

Because you want to end your existing one first. 

The Tory party are finished, dead. The Liebour party too, the Social Dumbocrats were a non-entity to start with. The current political parties have shown that they do not respect the democratic process of the UK and that many members of parliament are just parasitic useless cockroaches, there for their own personal benefit.There are legal challenges against this extension of the withdrawal act in progress, and if they succeed then any action taken by the government after 23.00 29/3 will be illegal and therefore not binding. The threat of revoking article 50 will require a repeal of the withdrawal act, not possible before 29/3, even if it is overridden by the EU, it will still  against current British law. The government will fall, hopefully the British public will elect politicians that will obey their instructions and unilaterally leave the EU. I won't hold my breath.

You must be smoking some really good stuff there, but do you actually believe all the hogwash? 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, sanemax said:

How many European nurses work in the NHS and has the UK Gov got any plans what do do about them after Brexit ?

While you could have looked it up, here is one research stat provided:

The number of doctors who are recorded EU nationals has been stable since the EU referendum at around 9.8%, but for nurses the percentage of NHS joiners who were from the EU halved from 19% in 2015-2016 to 7.9% in 2017-2018, and of those leaving the NHS, 9% were EU nationals in 2015-2016 rising to 13% in 2017-2018.

Source Karen Bloor (author) has received project funding from the National Institute for Health Research, the Department of Health's Policy Research Programme and the European Union. The views expressed are her own. Oct 23, 2018

As for after Brexit, the UK government has stated that their current rights will be protected as would other EU nationals. 

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

We would still be able to trade with the E.U , though it would be under the WTO rules and not a free trade agreement .

Yes, that is correct, although it has been stated that some UK sectors of industry would face increased tariffs, e.g. cars would cost more. Our current trading agreement is still by far the best, and we would still have to conclude new agreements with the 41 or so other countries outside the EU. 

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

The issue here is, the only one who can stop no-deal Brexit is her. 

She is like a wounded animal lashing out at everybody even those trying to help,

Tories tried to put her out of her misery but used their only bullet and missed. they can not mount another leadership challenge for some time now.

A general election is now out of the question as there would be no new government till well after the 12th April, I hope she comes to her senses by Monday or the UK is doomed Unless MP's can take control.

A post that had a video of a profane nature has been removed as well as a reply:

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

A post that contained a fake link has been removed:

15) Any links posted must lead to the website the link indicates. Links that are misleading or direct to a site different than the one indicated are not allowed.

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

UDI could just as easily be forced upon them @ 2300hrs next Friday as per the original plan.

Image result for brexit marchersS

She's a model, I'm sure I've seen her before holding posters for this and other causes, for a price. Not your typical Sunderland Lass, that's for sure. I don't recognize any of the 100 Polish Immigrants Farage was rumored to have contracted in I must admit, must check my source on that.

Mr Jonathan Stowell
c/o Government Legal Department

Dear Sir

Re:  Proposed Action
        English Democrats – v - the Secretary of State for Exiting the          
        European Union

We refer to the above matter and to our letter of 20th March.  We note that, since that letter was dictated, the Prime Minister has written a letter to the President of the European Council, Mr Donald Tusk, formally asking for an extension of the Article 50 Notice period.  This request for an extension has been made without the authorisation of an Act of Parliament. 

Ministers, including the Prime Minister, only have official power either on the basis of Statutory powers or on the basis of Royal Prerogative powers. 

A long line of legal authority, including the Gina Miller case, has repeatedly reaffirmed that the Prerogative powers only exist in the absence of Statutory powers.  The only relevant Statutory power was that set out in the EU Withdrawal Act 2017, which gave the Prime Minister power to serve a Notice to terminate the UK’s membership of the EU. 

It follows that on the face of it, the Prime Minister’s request for an extension is illegal. 

Also any agreement for an extension which might have been agreed by the European Council is also without any Statutory authority. 

We thought it only proper to raise these points in the light of on-going developments, especially in view of your not having fully responded to our initial Letter before Claim. 

Yours faithfully

Tilbrook’s

2 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

You will regain a tiny bit of law making autonomy that will not benefit but hurt the people and industry of the UK. 

You think immigrants don’t want to go to the UK anymore after Brexit has destroyed the economy?

You must be smoking some really good stuff there, but do you actually believe all the hogwash? 

Sorry did I disturb your safe space

13 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

She's a model, I'm sure I've seen her before holding posters for this and other causes, for a price. Not your typical Sunderland Lass, that's for sure. I don't recognize any of the 100 Polish Immigrants Farage was rumored to have contracted in I must admit, must check my source on that.

Not relevant the point you hoped to disrupt (& I couldn't find a picture of fatty in UJ livery on the hoof).

3 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I find most of his points is quite true and I haven't been smoking anything. 

1 hour ago, Nigel Garvie said:

HP I suppose?

I’m telling you she will let the UK crash out. They Maybot has completely turned lose cannon on auto-pilot I’m afraid, after alienating everyone and finding herself in a corner. 

I certainly hope she will. There are too many others trying to stop us but they are running out of options and time.
Has anybody actually changed the legal Exit Date in the Withdrawal Act yet? What is the mechanism for that and how long would that procedure take to become effective?

4 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I’m telling you she will let the UK crash out. They Maybot has completely turned lose cannon on auto-pilot I’m afraid, after alienating everyone and finding herself in a corner. 

I really hope you are right but from your history, you are never right. Here is hoping.????

7 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

and like the folks who elected trump, homework is required to make a real informed decision..

I did read somewhere that the majority of university graduates in the U.S.A 

voted for Donald.

"On Thursday night in a Brussels conference chamber, something happened that was so breathtaking it will define the history of post-war Britain. It was such an indictment of the state of our nation that it almost literally cannot be believed. A group of foreign powers intervened to save the British people from their own prime minister."

I look back at the LP traitors who helped defeat Hilary Benn's amendment that would have given power back to MPs, with utter contempt. Well well 4 million now, doesn't seem to have slowed down much. Putin's hackers must be up all hours trying to stop this petition.

Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 17.50.54.png

6 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

"On Thursday night in a Brussels conference chamber, something happened that was so breathtaking it will define the history of post-war Britain. It was such an indictment of the state of our nation that it almost literally cannot be believed. A group of foreign powers intervened to save the British people from their own prime minister."

I look back at the LP traitors who helped defeat Hilary Benn's amendment that would have given power back to MPs, with utter contempt. Well well 4 million now, doesn't seem to have slowed down much. Putin's hackers must be up all hours trying to stop this petition.

Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 17.50.54.png

That is brextraodinaire, but don't get too brexcited if we don't know how many signatures are genuine, what point does it prove, you'll only end up brexhausted.

2 hours ago, vogie said:

That is brextraodinaire, but don't get too brexcited if we don't know how many signatures are genuine, what point does it prove, you'll only end up brexhausted.

What it means is that a substantial number of the UK's population do require the government to rethink the Britanic2 shambles. The most important consideration, IMO, whether we support leavers or remainers is to consider whether it would be more beneficial to the UK's population for the UK to enable Brexit or not? IMO, leaving the EU - and the single market and the Customs union is suicidal to our future prosperity. 

Please challenge my post, and prove to me that leaving the EU would be a better place for the UK's population? I would suggest you would be in a minority at this point in time when 4 million people  - and growing substantially - are requiring the government to revoke article 50. 

That includes Nauseas, Laughing gravy and Nontabury whose ideaology I can understand, but IMO, would not benefit the UK going forward. 

As for Theresa May, she really needs her head realigned to accept that it is the UK population that needs to benefit from Brexit, not factions of her Conservative party - which is her main priority.

While I have no appetite for Corbyn or any of the Conservatives contenders for next PM, or indeed our elected MPs, for heavens sake LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE.

David Love, 68, travelled from Devon and said he is marching with his grandchildren.

He told the Standard: "I think it's terrific to see so many people here. My problem with Mrs May is she is putting party before country."

"We're voting for the reality of staying in versus the fantasy of being out," he added.

25 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

What it means is that a substantial number of the UK's population do require the government to rethink the Britanic2 shambles. The most important consideration, IMO, whether we support leavers or remainers is to consider whether it would be more beneficial to the UK's population for the UK to enable Brexit or not? IMO, leaving the EU - and the single market and the Customs union is suicidal to our future prosperity. 

Please challenge my post, and prove to me that leaving the EU would be a better place for the UK's population? I would suggest you would be in a minority at this point in time when 4 million people  - and growing substantially - are requiring the government to revoke article 50. 

That includes Nauseas, Laughing gravy and Nontabury whose ideaology I can understand, but IMO, would not benefit the UK going forward. 

I know you won't listen to me but please just have a careful listen to Bernard Connolly. It's not so much where the EU is now, it is more about where it is going to go, in all aspects. Remainers do not discuss the future EU much but it is the most important element of this debate and should concern everyone in any case, I think. Connolly, who has worked with the European Commission, explains it all, and very well too:

Forgot to add that his book The Rotten Heart of Europe: The Dirty War for Europe's Money was not well received by the EU............and so they fired him! (where did I hear something like this before - oh yeah Marta Andreasen).

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I know you won't listen to me but please just have a careful listen to Bernard Connolly. It's not so much where the EU is now, it is more about where it is going to go, in all aspects. Remainers do not discuss the future EU much but it is the most important element of this debate and should concern everyone in any case, I think. Connolly, who has worked with the European Commission, explains it all, and very well too:

I disagree with his view. And so do smaller companies, let alone the CBI. He comes across as another Rees-Mogg type who would financially benefit vfrom the  UK leaving the EU.

Having said that, of course his predictions could bear fruition at some future point, but that is not the UK's current position.

My main objection to leaving the EU is not that, but leaving the single market and Customs Union is suicidal for the Uk's economy. How anyone could think differently is beyond me.

22 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

As for Theresa May, she really needs her head realigned to accept that it is the UK population that needs to benefit from Brexit, not factions of her Conservative party - which is her main priority.

While I have no appetite for Corbyn or any of the Conservatives contenders for next PM, or indeed our elected MPs, for heavens sake LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE.

David Love, 68, travelled from Devon and said he is marching with his grandchildren.

He told the Standard: "I think it's terrific to see so many people here. My problem with Mrs May is she is putting party before country."

"We're voting for the reality of staying in versus the fantasy of being out," he added.

Why drag your grandkids around in a city known for a recent surge in serious violence? So irresponsible.

9 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Why drag your grandkids around in a city known for a recent surge in serious violence? So irresponsible.

Because his grandkids shouldn't have to suffer from Brexit - which is what would happen. To do otherwise is irresponsible.

You just don't get it do you? It's not our generation that's going to suffer, but our grandchildren.

Archived