Abhisit urges voters to opt for democracy with ‘integrity’

rooster59

And how would you describe Thaksin and his criminal clan?

To describe Thaksin and his criminal clan you have to go back to how he managed to avoid being held accountable for cheating in his assets declaration.
The criminal clan behind it are the very same people who think of themselves above the law who bent the judges then in his favor and are still pulling the strings today behind the scenes - nothing has changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

By your delusional reply you , and others, are clearly condoning the murder of an unarmed nurse in a Wat. Sad and sick just like the people you espouse support for.

Yes, it was sad that the nurse was killed. But why do you think it was murder?

And lets not forget that the nurse would not have been in danger if the red-shirts would have gone home. The nurse and others would also not have been in danger if the red-shirts would not have used war weapons on their so called peaceful demonstration for democracy. The demonstration wasn't peaceful and we all know who was behind it. When will he be prosecuted for planning, organizing and paying for this not so peaceful demonstration?

It was also very sad that lots of soldiers got killed by the red-shirts and the MiB. The soldiers had to do their jobs. And they did it, they cleaned up the mess. RIP

21 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Lots of intimidation by the red-shirts was also part of the whole truth.

21 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I know that people were stopped from voting - it was all over the news. But like so often sometimes the truth is not good enough. It must be the whole truth to make sense. Lots of intimidation by the red-shirts was also part of the whole truth. 

You've got the colours and years mixed up now....

I had great hopes when Abbhist was summoned home to lead the Democrats.

Western education, lived many years in a true democracy, I thought he might have brought fresh air to the whole rotten system.

But he just slipped into his class structure, aligned himself with the corrupt Suthep and the military and all the associated baggage that goes along with that.

It's corrupt from top to bottom. Anyone who thinks there is any difference between red, yellow, green, or any color in between is delusional. 

It's simply an internecine feud between the elite class

Thai society needs a fundamental mind shift for things to change, and as for Mark using the word 'integrity'....Oh give me a break! 

On 3/23/2019 at 12:24 PM, jayboy said:

I'm impressed. You clearly have the historical knowledge, educational background and analytical ability to shed light on Thailand's fractured political culture. I think the most excellent part of your explanation - though it is hard to single out one amidst so many gems - is the way you cut through to the nub of the matter................The final point you make cannot be trumped by the naysayers. I bet they have never seen the friendly coup loving populace hand out flowers and soft drinks to the soldiers.

Look he was there, he saw it so he obviously understands it all better than the rest of us.

Sheesh, some fellas love to pick holes.

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, it was sad that the nurse was killed. But why do you think it was murder?

And lets not forget that the nurse would not have been in danger if the red-shirts would have gone home. The nurse and others would also not have been in danger if the red-shirts would not have used war weapons on their so called peaceful demonstration for democracy. The demonstration wasn't peaceful and we all know who was behind it. When will he be prosecuted for planning, organizing and paying for this not so peaceful demonstration?

It was also very sad that lots of soldiers got killed by the red-shirts and the MiB. The soldiers had to do their jobs. And they did it, they cleaned up the mess. RIP

I've always been incredulous and always astounded by any Westerner who comes here and can be on the Yellow side of things.

It just amazes me.

You can see when it kicked off in 2010 with the Red Shirts, why most journalists from around the world had a Red Shirt bias.

They got it.

They understood what was going down.

They understood what was at stake.

As for your above ridiculous post, if you are not gonna get what you want by peaceful means, then it's gonna get messy.

It is the ONLY viable option left.

I believe you are an American.

Here is an anology.

Back in 1776 it got messy because America wanted it's freedom because it did'nt want to stay under Queenie's Brit rule.

So there was a war.

There were great casualties.

And they won their freedom.

Analogy 2.

Thailand/Cuba.

Back in the day there was a vile horrible criminal called Batista who ruled his country with fear & violence with an extreme rich elite and an extreme poor peasantry that worked the sugar cane for their foreign masters.

This government was supported by mobsters, gangsters, banksters & politicians from the USA.

Along came Fidel Castro & Che Guavara, two "Commie" revolutionaries who violently, with many casualties on both sides overthrew the corrupt Batista and gave the country back to its people.

I'm a Che.

Are you a Batista?

44 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

I believe you are an American.

That's about as far away as it gets.

Where do you get all your information from?

Do you listen to the local red-shirt meetings? Or do you get all your knowledge from your Thai family?

It must be interesting to live in your red bubble.

I won't disturb you with facts. I don't want to burst your bubble.

Before the election, Abhisit was unable to get his cohorts to agree to his claim that he would not support Prayuth. 

The old Democrat grandees insisted that they will support Prayuth.

The Democrats have just been run out of town on an electoral rail.

Abhisit has since resigned.

Queue Prayuth's new coalition partners, the Democrats.

Before the election, Abhisit was unable to get his cohorts to agree to his claim that he would not support Prayuth. 

The old Democrat grandees insisted that they will support Prayuth.

The Democrats have just been run out of town on an electoral rail.

Abhisit has since resigned.

Queue Prayuth's new coalition partners, the Democrats.

If they were smart the Democrats would firmly move to claim the political centre ground and resist joining the military oriented coalition.

This would place them well to recapture lost ground, taking advantage at some future point of the weaknesses of PTP and the Junta parties.

But of course they are not smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived