Prayut vows to safeguard country in final bid for votes

rooster59

By Kas Chanwanpen 
The Nation

7fa95b531d65689f600e9276cb133cb7.jpeg

The Nation/Anan Chantarasoot

Junta chief General Prayut Chan-o-cha finally went on stage for the Phalang Pracharat Party on Friday in a last-ditch effort to win votes ahead of the general election on Sunday.

This is the first time that Prayut got involved in a rally after being nominated as the party’s sole PM candidate last month.

The final rally for votes was held at the Thephasadin Stadium in central Bangkok and was attended by thousands of supporters, most of whom were middle-aged or elderly. From 5pm, the party’s key leaders began delivering speeches, including party leader Uttama Savanayana and party secretary-general Sontirat Sontijirawong.

The final speech was delivered by Prayut, who instead of climbing on the main stage, ascended on a special stage set in the middle of the stadium like a superstar, to the tune of the popular 1990s hit, “Stop Here with You”. He shook hands with supporters and accepted flowers.

In his speech, Prayut emphasised the three pillars underpinning the country – nation, religion and monarchy. 

“I can die for this country,” he declared. “The land that gave me life and home. I have to safeguard it for the future generation.” 

After delivering his seven-minute speech, Prayut bid his cheering supporters – all yelling “Uncle Tu, Go Go!” – goodbye as he wrapped up the final rally.

Prayut’s appearance came as a bit of a surprise to many, because despite the authorities saying he would not be breaking the law by campaigning, the junta leader had never indicated that he would take the stage for Phalang Pracharat.

However, Uttama did hint earlier that the “most accepted and loved person” would be joining them on stage.

The final campaign was live-streamed on Facebook, garnering more than 387,000 views as of press time and over 45,000 comments. As for the 24,000 reactions to the live stream, half were angry emoticons while 9,200 were either “likes” or “loves”.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30366346

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-23

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Prayut vows to safeguard country

He particularly needs to safeguard his elevated position and that of all his friends in uniform who otherwise wouldn't be socially important, wealthy or in positions of power. The problems with the 3 pillars he so desires to protect is that it doesn't include the ordinary citizens who under a democracy are the owners of this country. Please Thailand, go out and vote in any way possible to keep the military in the barracks and give Thai youth the chance to get out from under the yoke of feudalism.

51 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

What's the difference if he is "elected" or not?  What makes you think he would leave office if not elected?  What makes anybody think the election results will reflect the actual votes?  Heck, the guy took over before without an election.

Well said, Gk10002000. This is exactly what I have been saying for months and months. I mean, it does not take much logic or understanding of the last five years to come to this conclusion, does it?! Those who once steal power - are more than willing to steal it yet again!

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

By Kas Chanwanpen 
The Nation

7fa95b531d65689f600e9276cb133cb7.jpeg

The Nation/Anan Chantarasoot

Ah bless him, someone has given the dyspeptic dalek some flowers...

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

However, Uttama did hint earlier that the “most accepted and loved person” would be joining them on stage.

Unfortunately, Thaksin was attending his daughters wedding so the most reviled person popped up instead.

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The final speech was delivered by Prayut, who instead of climbing on the main stage, ascended on a special stage set in the middle of the stadium like a superstar, to the tune of the popular 1990s hit, “Stop Here with You”.

Sickening.

Where's that bucket?

I need to vomit.

“I can die for this country,” he declared. “The land that gave me life and home. I have to safeguard it for the future generation.” 

Another bucket!

Quick!

Gonna puke!

Prayut vows to safeguard country

Howzabout just safeguarding the forests and health of the inhabitants in the NW.

Bung a few battalions up there to stop illegal fire starting and shroom picking or help with existing fires.

Its not Rocket Science.

Numpty.

14 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Well done Khun Prayuth Chan O Cha ......

He has done more for Thailand in the past 4 years than anyone did in the previous 10 years.

Many projects have been fast tracked, The high speed Thai-China rail project, Northern Thailand highway expansion, Phitsanulok Highway overpass and highway project, Bangkok BTS extension, MRT extension ....  numerous agricultural projects have been implemented, and dozens of others are ongoing.

Repeat ad nauseum.

You just don't get it do you.

Where's the accounting?

Where's one bill of sale for the above?

One?

Let alone the submarines and other military guff (hardware).

WHERE ARE THE ACCOUNTS?

These traitors and criminals masquerading as military top officers have skimmed billions from their own country.

BILLIONS.

Just like what happened here in the 50-60-70's with illegal logging, petroleum, drugs, weapons, American money, nada yada da bing.

Read the books Steven.

Smell the roses.

After delivering his seven-minute speech, Prayut bid his cheering supporters – all yelling “Uncle Tu, Go Go!” – goodbye as he wrapped up the final rally.

only 7 minutes

is that a record?

Was it go away?

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Safeguarding this country under realistic terms for all Citizens who comprise this great country would mean he needs to either step down and out with the military and elite farce domination, or do as stated in his first sentence. The majority do not want or like him one iota, so who is he trying to kid!

2 hours ago, Eligius said:

Well said, Gk10002000. This is exactly what I have been saying for months and months. I mean, it does not take much logic or understanding of the last five years to come to this conclusion, does it?! Those who once steal power - are more than willing to steal it yet again!

He is NOT liked by the Thais, expecially by the youngest generation.

Are you calling for a civil war?

3 hours ago, yuiop said:

He is NOT liked by the Thais, expecially by the youngest generation.

Are you calling for a civil war?

totally incorrect .....   There are alot of Thais who would rather see him in charge than any of the others. Last night out at a bar up country we were discussing the election, and many middle aged and young commented that they do not want thailand to go back to the way it was before with protests and road blocks, lawlessness etc ...  

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

totally incorrect .....   There are alot of Thais who would rather see him in charge than any of the others. Last night out at a bar up country we were discussing the election, and many middle aged and young commented that they do not want thailand to go back to the way it was before with protests and road blocks, lawlessness etc ...  

The military caused that by being less than effective.  The Thai Hi-So's the military all take shortcuts that cost the Thai people.   All these generals seem to want their turn at government house to satisfy there little egos.   Non of them do much for the country.  

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty. Thomas Jefferson.  Every time I see a post from you I think of Jefferson.

Your general cha cha, never talks of liberty.   He does not believe in it.  He believes in absolute power.

Archived