Prayut vows to safeguard country in final bid for votes

rooster59

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jmccarty said:

He has done better than previous PM's.  The country's economy is doing well enough, government corruption does not exist that I can see doing business here now for over 6 years.

You need to look a little harder.

In the past two years:

Still 1,000 Baht for a driving licence, no test.

Land Office still want 40,000 Baht+ to issue a new chanote without waiting in the 'queue' for a year.

PEA will move you up the queue for a new electricity supply for 500 Baht (that was after a lot of arguing).

All the above was prices for Thais, no ferang involvement whatsoever.

Can die for his country? If he did that 5 yrs ago life would be great. Less people would have lost there lifes, jobs, people forced to stay home whilst army controlled the streets, etc.. and for what? No one wanted him, no one even knew who he was nor cared. Him and McFatty are the only ones idolising each other.

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

the three pillars underpinning the country – nation, religion and monarchy. 

The great thing about Prayut is the subtlety of meaning, hidden within his inspired words. It could be some time before the meaning surfaces, just like the chunks of loo roll that he composes these speeches on. But it's good to know that the nation is one of the 3 things underpinning the nation, a bit like the brain-numbing religion of the nation and the other thing that we daren't think talk about. Inspired words, for sure.

And, as for 'I can die for this country', we can be quite sure he will, the first time he suffers an obvious-for-all-to-see loss of face, once the new 'real' government gets into its stride and he is faced with a vote of no confidence . . . . yes, please . . . and soon if you would.

Safeguarding the country? What about the disastrous pollution covering half the country at dangerous levels? Hes had a few years to stop that? What about the increasing corruption? What about the moves against foreigners here? The poor education system. The lack of support for the poor whilst the rich get richer? Oh! I forgot the carnage on the road each year...... oh dear!!!

1 hour ago, unamazedloso said:

Can die for his country? If he did that 5 yrs ago life would be great. Less people would have lost there lifes, jobs, people forced to stay home whilst army controlled the streets, etc.. and for what? No one wanted him, no one even knew who he was nor cared. Him and McFatty are the only ones idolising each other.

I'm not a great supporter but your words do not ring true. The army didn't control the streets. In fact they were conspicuous by their absence whilst the police emerged even more corrupt than ever before, n'est ces pas? What he did do was to get rid of the Thaksin thugs (well I don't think they've completely gone), the extra-judicial killings that Thaksin was responsible for and the steely corruption at the very top level of politics that made the rich richer and the poor poorer. He kinda failed and appears to enjoy the power and esteem but what he replaced ...... well, there's never been democracy here and I hope we'll get there in the end.

10 hours ago, Eligius said:

Well said, Gk10002000. This is exactly what I have been saying for months and months. I mean, it does not take much logic or understanding of the last five years to come to this conclusion, does it?! Those who once steal power - are more than willing to steal it yet again!

But it still raises the obvious question. What if the person who steals power is a vast improvement over the one who would bribe the entire country so that he could resume the pillaging ?

13 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

What's the difference if he is "elected" or not?  What makes you think he would leave office if not elected?  What makes anybody think the election results will reflect the actual votes?  Heck, the guy took over before without an election.

This * 100. The Big Joke is on anyone that thinks voting in this election will make the slightest bit of difference. This election is rigged to the nth degree. Sorry folks, no chance BJ gives up his power this easily. Why on Earth would he ever do that? Think about it. It’s not happening. He would absolutely be destroyed if the election ballots were tallied accurately. It would be a landslide victory of ridiculous margins ( 80%++ margin loss ) without the rigging. I do not know a single Thai person that would vote for BJ. But of course BJ will win. I will literally pay the fist person to DM me, 1 million baht, if BJ loses. Seriously, 1 million baht will be paid to whoever messages me first if BJ actually loses this thing. 

Prayut. . . ascended on a special stage set in the middle of the stadium like a superstar, to the tune of the popular 1990s hit, “Stop Here with You”.

His policies and persona are as outdated as his banal signature tune. Time to quit, Kuhn Dinosaur.

2 hours ago, Inn Between said:

Do they have Exit Polls in Thailand? I'd love to find out how much those poll results would vary from the "official" vote tally.

If they have exit polls in Thailand, the Authorities will later tell us that they were compiled by 'bad men' who are 'traitors' and 'troublemakers', and that is why the results they give are so wrong - so different from what the continuing Government will declare.

We should all only listen to what the Prayut Government tells us about the election 'result', as we can be 100% confident that they will rigidly and honourably adhere to the truth!

17 hours ago, rooster59 said:

I can die for this country,” he declared. “The land that gave me life and home. I have to safeguard it for the future generation.

Spare me from rich, privileged nationalists everywhere. That land that gives them a life and home, gives the rest of us the freedom to starve if we weren't born wealthy or ruthless...

Archived