Post dating an "O" Visa

I am currently on a Multiple-Entry Non-Immigrant Visa-O, (married to a Thai) which expires at the end of May.

Tonight, I have to return to the UK for a week or so and I just wondered is it possible to "post date" an application to start after my current visa finishes?

I appreciate the answer is probably "no" - but just asking as it would save me a lot of hassle flying back and forth.

RAZZ

If you apply for a new visa its one year validity will start from the date is issued. They cannot post date it.

You do not have to go to the UK to get a new non-o visa. They can be obtained at some nearby embassies and consulates.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you apply for a new visa its one year validity will start from the date is issued. They cannot post date it.

You do not have to go to the UK to get a new non-o visa. They can be obtained at some nearby embassies and consulates.

So, basically I would "lose" 8 weeks or so if I applied whilst back in the UK?

RAZZ

12 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

So, basically I would "lose" 8 weeks or so if I applied whilst back in the UK?

RAZZ

Yes.

You'll receive another 90 day entry on return from the UK, allowing you to stay until July, then you can extend for another 60 days which will take you to beginning of Sept, before having to obtain a new Visa.

Alternatively, you can do a border run just before expiry of the Visa (end May) receiving another 90 days until end Aug, then extend for 60 days until end of Oct before obtaining a new Visa.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1