24-hour alcohol ban for election

rooster59

7 hours ago, Sonhia said:

With today's technology, voting is possible on-line

Ever been to Florida ?

"The judge’s indictment was damning. “We have been the laughingstock of the world, election after election,” the US district judge Mark Walker told a court in Florida on Thursday. “And we chose not to fix this.”

The midterm elections took place more than a week ago. New members of Congress are posing for photos on Capitol Hill in Washington. Yet the Sunshine state is still counting votes in the knife-edge US Senate racebetween the Republican Rick Scott and the Democrat Bill Nelson. ,"

7 hours ago, Sonhia said:

with individuals such as bar girls etc... trying to make up for lose of potential earnings.

Your selfless concern for the "lose" of income of the working classes is awe inspiring. Does it extend to nonalcohol-related conditions of employment ?

i know we are not at home, but please imagine this headline in your home country...

Can you imagine it? Also, think about having a spring wedding, all arranged, all planned but then you are told that you cannot serve alcohol to your guests, all this because it's voting time, absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway, it's all got stupid and too much. the xenophobia, the pseudo democracy, the general dislike of even decent foreigners by locals, crazy government, corruption, etc,etc,etc,,,, 2 weeks I am gone for good, counting the days. Good luck to those who are still convincing themselves that Thailand is STILL a good option, sorry for those that are stuck here.

i know we are not at home, but please imagine this headline in your home country...

Can you imagine it? Also, think about having a spring wedding, all arranged, all planned but then you are told that you cannot serve alcohol to your guests, all this because it's voting time, absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway, it's all got stupid and too much. the xenophobia, the pseudo democracy, the general dislike of even decent foreigners by locals, crazy government, corruption, etc,etc,etc,,,, 2 weeks I am gone for good, counting the days. Good luck to those who are still convincing themselves that Thailand is STILL a good option, sorry for those that are stuck here.

3 hours ago, Mattd said:

This is a new thing, never seen them say that alcohol cannot be consumed and it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible to enforce!!!!!

They will not be measured on how effectively they enforce this laughable law. However, it will be used as a pay day I am sure.

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Just cruising around Pattaya 30 minutes ago the bars are packed. From BR past Soi Buk people filling up everywhere before the deadline.

In Jomtien -when I was there 2 years ago- a certain restaurant on days like these would serve beer in a mug instead of a glass. And police would check as well, but they'd leave the premises pretty quickly (no doubt with a big brown envelope in the pocket).

4 hours ago, alien365 said:

Most of my local restaurants have said they're closing tonight due to the ban so well done the government on costing people their living. I, like many, have already prepared and bought a few of these bad boys.

IMG_20190320_213834.jpg

That's ok for the ladies, or Australians,  Why not give this one a go, :giggle:

s-l300.jpg

29 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

That's ok for the ladies, or Australians,  Why not give this one a go, :giggle:

s-l300.jpg

Extra is good, tapper isn't bad either. Different beer for a different mood though, or wine, or whiskey, or gin etc. Can't wait for my bottle of Signet Glenmorangie to arrive next week! Back to the topic though, I've already had Thai friends informing me they're drinking at a wedding and they're gonna continue, so some places are still open.

11 hours ago, Sonhia said:

Why ban tourists or ex-pats from drinking?

Ok, people could stock up and consume in private, but surely a ban is not nessesary, is it?

I would not be surprised if social dating sites are red hot during the 24 hour ban, with individuals such as bar girls etc... trying to make up for lose of potential earnings.

With today's technology, voting is possible on-line.

I thought it said consumed as well

15 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

I've got a licensed bar in my house and I've got a big party organised tomorrow. The gates at the front will be locked but could I still be prosecuted??

11 hours ago, Netease said:

Off topic whats the purpose of having to have a licence for a bar in a house

I can't help but wonder if he has girls in there and rooms available....... If so the location might be helpful to some of us on this 'dry' election day........ LOL ....

Now children we know you cant hold youre alchohal so its all in youre best interest.

What a total third world mind set.

I get the religouse days ban for sake of culture and religion but this is just domanance.

I hope today they elect anyone who is not junta

We all wondered how the ban would affect the World Superbikes event at the Buriram Chang International circuit last Sunday .... I mean, imagine the ridicule of the Sponsors circuit not serving beer on the Sunday.

There was no need to panic ... once inside, well I guess the law no longer applied.... well as long as the beer was "hidden" in a plastic bag !

The pic below taken last Sunday morning !

Chang served.JPG

13 hours ago, Hoppyone said:

I thought it said consumed as well

I think it does. it certainly states that you cannot serve alcohol at your wedding celebration which of course is free to wedding guests.. ridiculous law, ridiculous people

Archived