Five-day storm warning for upper Thailand

rooster59

Five-day storm warning for upper Thailand

By The Nation

RAIN.jpg.5667b22fe7d4cef6bbad9a8ca571c480.jpg

Residents in the upper part of Thailand have been warned to brace themselves for summer thunderstorms until Wednesday.

The Meteorological Department issued an alert at 5am on Saturday, saying the storms will be caused by a high-pressure system from China that will extend to and meet the hot weather over upper Thailand.

Outbreaks of summer thunderstorms will be likely from March 23 to 27. Thundershowers, gusty winds and hail are possible first in the Northeast and the East then the Central, and the North regions.

Affected provinces are:

March 23-24:

North: Kamphaengphet, Phitsanulok, Phichit and Phetchabun.

Northeast: Nong Bua Lamphu, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Udon Thani, Buri Ram, Surin, Si Sa Ket and Ubon Ratchathani.

Central: Nakhon Sawan, Chai Nat, Lop Buri and Saraburi.

East: Nakhon Nayok, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo and Chachoengsao.

March 25-27

North: Kamphaengphet, Phitsanulok, Phichit and Phetchabun.

Northeast: Nong Bua Lamphu, Udon Thani, Khon Kaen, Loei, Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buri Ram, Surin, Si Sa Ket and Ubon Ratchathani.

Central: Uthai Thani, Nakhon Sawan, Chai Nat, Lop Buri, Saraburi and Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya including Bangkok and its vicinity.

East: Nakhon Nayok, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo and Chachoengsao.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30366356

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-23

8 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Nowt in Nong Khai,Then ??

No and nothing in the real north . according to the above Nakhon Sawan is central and north is Phichit which is about 115k away. Both far far from the north. But hey , the north has gone off the map today , from Google earth it is 20 shades of grey. 

1 hour ago, rabas said:

Impressive in its simplicity, developed in the Czech Republic by a Czech meteorological company.

I didn't know that.. I've been using it for a couple of years.. having friends and relatives in Canada, Australia the UK and Europe as well as here in SE Asia I find it useful checking on weather events affecting my friends and family.. Thanks.. 

1 hour ago, rabas said:

Impressive in its simplicity, developed in the Czech Republic by a Czech meteorological company.

& unsurpassed in its inaccuracy here! unreliable at best!

Archived