What has Thailand given back to all pensioners who have moved here.

nasa123

What has Thailand given back to all pensioners who have moved here?

Thailand and the Thai people gave those pensioners and all the other people who arrived here the opportunity to visit their beautiful country. Most Thai people were and are friendly to them. Some of those pensioners think Thailand is heaven compared to wherever they came from.

I wish all those pensioners who are unhappy in Thailand should go to wherever they came from. And then ask at home the same question. Enjoy!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Liverpudlian said:

My wallet shrank.

i'm sure in direct proportion to how often some nice Thai person helped you to enlarge a certain part of your anatomy.     

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What has Thailand given back to all pensioners who have moved here?

Thailand and the Thai people gave those pensioners and all the other people who arrived here the opportunity to visit their beautiful country. Most Thai people were and are friendly to them. Some of those pensioners think Thailand is heaven compared to wherever they came from.

I wish all those pensioners who are unhappy in Thailand should go to wherever they came from. And then ask at home the same question. Enjoy!

What a nice way of saying " if you're not happy why don't you get the hell out"    haha    So many "pensioners" coming here still seem to have what I call a  Bwana complex.    With millennials its just a 

sense of entitlement.  Same same   

I don't see them "giving" ANYTHING. They only understand "taking" and making it progressively more difficult for qualified people to retire here. Part of the blame lies with the Trump administration, which has not appointed an ambassador for Thailand. Low priority for him, apparently. If they had an ambassador, we likely would not be faced with the current "income letter" debacle. The Embassy is perfectly capable of guaranteeing all 75 thousand American retirees. They simply don't want to work. They need to be told to consider it as part of their mission or resign from service.

5 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

I don't see them "giving" ANYTHING. They only understand "taking" and making it progressively more difficult for qualified people to retire here. Part of the blame lies with the Trump administration, which has not appointed an ambassador for Thailand. Low priority for him, apparently. If they had an ambassador, we likely would not be faced with the current "income letter" debacle. The Embassy is perfectly capable of guaranteeing all 75 thousand American retirees. They simply don't want to work. They need to be told to consider it as part of their mission or resign from service.

Maybe you should return to the USA. They really need all the help they can get over there - especially "qualified people".

2 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

Visa: 1 time per year renewal and every 90 days the '90 day reporting'. All in all something like two hours per year. After arrival here (many years ago) I have put 800.000 Baht in the bank voor visa renewal. In those days around 17.000 Euro's and thanks to the exchange rate that's now around 22.000 Euro's.

What did I get back: lots of good weather, food, lots of nice people I am near many very interesting countries to visit.

I find that I am having a good life....

and what about being treated like a criminal with this ridiculous 90 day reporting?

59 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Why should Thailand 'give you back' anything?  many of us live here for very different reasons, 'getting something back' is not really the point of the exercise.  Unless you mean, what positives do you get from living here as opposed to the negatives,  That is a different question of course. If asked, I always say, that I am as happy living in Thailand as I would be living anywhere else that I can think of. Not an unqualified reply, but it's the best that I can come up with. 

Agree.

A different slant, it never ceases to amaze me how many farang (especially in Pattaya etc) believe that 99% of families in the Essan provinces (and more) are totally supported financially (big money) by farang.

Just not true.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

It gave me a son whom I really enjoy (7 year old now, just getting to the beating me stage in Gears of War 3 Horde).

And ten years worth of cheap young slim pussy.

Your wife maybe reading this....:shock1:

As I get set to fly back to the US for the summer, all I can say is I cant wait for Fall. Other than having a heart attack, its been a fabulous Fall/Winter here in Thailand. Hey thanks for saving my uselesss life Cardio dudes!

Thailand is great. I had a taxi refuse me the other day, I needed to go to Thong Lo and the driver said, No no, no good, traffic, go BTS. I said OK.

Then I looked at Google. It was red all the way to Thong Lo. I wouldnt want to drive a cab for $3 and sit in traffic for an hour. I didnt want to sit in traffic as a passenger. So I rolled one up and walked to the station. Thanks Taxi guy! Nice ride on the train!

12 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

and what about being treated like a criminal with this ridiculous 90 day reporting?

Well for me, I have to schlep to CW.....but you do know there are tons of hot foreign chicks reporting too dont you? And doing other business? So ya go, eat some good food, hang out, talk to the chicks, get some Lines.....

2 hours ago, madmen said:

Thailand gave you the above plus 50 baht happy hour beers and cheap happy endings

Be happy with that or go home and be stung by the real world. Up to you ! 

I prefer the 50c all day Angkor draft beer in Cambodia, and 15,000 dong Saigon Green beer in Vietnam.

(that's 1/4 of 50bht if you can't work it out)

13 minutes ago, IssanMichael said:

Why should give you anything? and what do you mean by given back? I wish the UK would adopt some of the crazy rules they have here on immigration etc, maybe then there would not be so many wanting to stay in Thailand.

I think we'd need a lot more global warming before most of us would choose to stay in the UK.

33 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Well for me, I have to schlep to CW.....but you do know there are tons of hot foreign chicks reporting too dont you? And doing other business? So ya go, eat some good food, hang out, talk to the chicks, get some Lines.....

Common criminal?

What about the several thousand overstayers, not documents, no stamps in passport, passport lost years ago guys, from many countries, including folks who have been caught in robberies etc etc., and especially in the last 12 months.

Does Thailand not have a right and a duty to maintain processes that try to stop / prevent these people entering / staying in Thailand? 

58 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I don't fancy foreign chicks, I prefer the Thai ones.

14 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I don't fancy foreign chicks, I prefer the Thai ones.

It depends, if they have the look, Im ecumenical.

I had me some Azerbaijan the other day, wonderful.

Thanks for the responses.

Few things to add.

1) The food is stellar. Not many foreign countries you can live off the local food forever. It's basically free as well. Every different region has its own food, every local market someone with their variation of it. Som Tam Khaoput anyone? Thai fruit and sweets?

1b) I'm far healthier living here than I would be at home. Absolutely certain.

2) If you are going to engage in something that is going to aggravate you, don't do it! Best example: catching a taxi outside of soi4 Saturday night at 11 to go to Cowboy. Then when the guy who sleeps in his taxi wants to stick you for an extra us5 which you'd pay in 150 other capital cities at flagfall - complain about it.

Do you see all the Thais getting turned away as well? No, sorry poor guy driving all the way across BKK, three hours for 250b can pick and choose his fares regardless of "law" in my book.

3) Unless you have connections, go to a national park or similar situation and complain because you had to pay b400 or xxx despite being married, having retirement visa, B visa blah blah blah - complain about it.

Rinse repeat. Don't put yourself in tired, known situations in which you'll be taken advantage and then complain about it. Lest of all don't be bitter about it.

If you live abroad you absolutely must take breaks to shake out all the bullshit and the tedium. Single men not on O visas don't have a right to complain about anything. They're just tourists.

9 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Best example: catching a taxi outside of soi4 Saturday night at 11 to go to Cowboy.

Dude its a leisurely 15 minute walk with plenty of opportunity to score and great street visuals

Archived