What has Thailand given back to all pensioners who have moved here.

nasa123

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

They have helped me to be very frugal. Money seasoning, don't you know. 

You are lucky they helped you to avoid squandering that little bit of money. Otherwise you would have no business making threads about moving to war zones and places you can not afford. Be thankful Thailand didn't take your 800,000 Baht and do this as a service for people that are simply too idiotic to manage their own money.

22 hours ago, BestB said:

Thailand does not give much to it’s own citizens , whatever made you feel Thailand should give something to foreigners?

They give me a lot.My life is much better now and happier than before for a much less money than in EU.

23 hours ago, Mavideol said:

did got some ???????? lots of head aches, insect bites and a couple times the old same same but no same same along with ''if yu no happy got to home ''

Quite a correct saying. If people are unhappy here, instead of continuously criticizing, they should get up and go home, or keep quiet!

What do you expect they have to give you? They have to be grateful you WANT to stay here?

You have headache every year and every 90 days... maybe have to check your head as I don't have it. Every 90 days they take 10 minutes of my time, something I have for free, and every year 1 hour for my extension of stay. Also this hour I have for free so I wonder where your headache is coming from.... drink to much the days before?

23 hours ago, Skallywag said:

What do thai's need to "give back"?  The Thai are a people and we are the temporary visitors in their Kingdom.  The people, the food, and overall cost of living are all positives in my opinion

I lived in the USA for 60 years and do not believe I got back anything that I did not work for, pay taxes for, or pay insurance for.   Even visiting "National Parks" and "public beaches" costs money in the USA

Cannot find data on the economic input of European and american full time residents, but likely fairly small (not including tourists)  maybe 6%:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Thailand   

If it is indeed 6% then the next question is how many expats brought that in, how much per expat?

Think you would be surprised how much money, in other valuta, is pumped into the local economy by expats.

Just imagine, half a million expats bringing in on average 50,000 Baht per month.......

Your question is as bad as your spelling. The country owes us nothing and, for you, the door

swings both ways. The Thais did not ask us to come here. We asked to be here. Most of us

enjoy our lives here. We contribute to the community, obey the law and are otherwise a small

positive. One is compelled to ask what is it you expect Thailand to do for you? Remember, you

are a guest here. A guest that was not even invited.

Thailand has given me a much lower cost of living than Australia. Here I can live very comfortably, there somewhere on Struggle Street. Thailand has also given me a GF who is dedicated to taking care of me for the rest of my life. I could not expect that from any Western woman.

Sure, Thailand has its deficiencies, every country has. On balance, I'm much better off in Thailand than anywhere else.

4 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

I can't account for all of them, but I saw a pensioner in a bar the other day, he kept giving them his pension and they kept giving him back beers.

I was with a pensioner (80) in my local bar recently. He leaned against the bar, kept giving them his money and 2 girls kept giving him a blowy. It's what your pension's for.

On 3/23/2019 at 12:36 PM, marcusarelus said:

Saved my life.  No stress or strain and beautiful women 24/7 for 20 years.  I would have died without them in America.  In 68' they gave me an ace in the hole.  I have known for 50 years what was here and that I could come back and I did. 

No stress? It is only stress in Thailand to have to do with uneducated people that are so stupid they can't take any responsibility and also are so stupid they can't think for themself. Not all Thai people but surely the majority is like this. And also Thai education no matter it is international schools or public and even the universities does not promote free thinking.

Thailand should be giving their foreigners that live in Thailand (expats) more benefits then there own nationals. Thailand should either lower taxes with 50% for foreigners working in Thailand and increase taxes 50% for Thai nationals or have it at the same level.

I hope the new government (if there will be one) will make new discrimination laws that makes it illegal to discriminate both due to nationality, race, gender and age. But that might be the day hell freezes since the school system in Thailand doesn't promote thinking outside the box to fix the problems with Thailand. The problems are more than the benefits to live in Thailand and there fore we are leaving Thailand my wife and daughter for a better life in the EU.

On 3/23/2019 at 1:45 PM, mike787 said:

Cheap young Thai <deleted>, Best food, peace and quiet, excellent beer, and a nice home.  The sin sot was worth it, I now support several village people that are like family to me. 

I often wondered what became of the "Village People" ..maybe you could keep us posted on any upcoming tours..sorry couldn't resist  ????

Affordability

Coconuts easy to find and affordable

Butt Squirters

4-day very fun water fights - Songkran

Yoga -dance

International Conscious Community

Mountains surrounding me

Great Alternative Health options - Acupuncture/massage

Authentic Smiles

23 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Just a wonderful post that to me captures the essence of things past, present and probably future.  It was a great run.  Going forward, the rules and regulations are getting perverse and burdensome. 

The rules and regulations may be getting burdensome, but not perverse. They're simply take away the privileges that you were used to. Shouldn't worry you too much if you're really multicultural. 

On 3/23/2019 at 1:45 PM, mike787 said:

Cheap young Thai <deleted>, Best food, peace and quiet, excellent beer, and a nice home.  The sin sot was worth it, I now support several village people that are like family to me. 

Best food, excellent beer, don’t make me laugh. The food has no nutrition and the beer is crap.

On 3/23/2019 at 12:07 PM, nasa123 said:

mostly headaches when exstantion is to be renewed and headaches every 3 months and lots of stress what about you?

What a terrible price to pay?     Some people are saving for a long time just to have a holiday with the same life style as I have lived for many years now in Thailand.

You should check out the stress other people can have trying to move to a country of their choice even if they have enough money (let alone situations like the southern border USA, on the news daily, or the refugees in Europe).

What has Thailand given me back (not that it owes me anything...they didn't "send" for me) ..."A dream life.. and I suspect... A longer one".

Archived