Wilting in this heat

Liverpudlian

This has been going on for bloody weeks now, my thermometer is reading 40 /41c on a daily basis , it hangs in our drive thru car port thus allowing continual air flow if we can call it that and even the locals agree ... we live 7 clicks out of Surin city so one would assume that being out of all that concrete a city has that it would be cooler ?? and are we being fed a load of <deleted> from public weather reports of 36 / 38c .. Rant over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

One of the advantages for the early bird: got up today even before sunrise to open the gate for the dogs and it was perfectly cool after a clear night.

At about 9 AM the fun starts to deteriorate.

Kind of ironic: at home country you would stay indoors because of cold and wet weather longing for the sun. Here you stay indoors for the exact opposite.

And it will get worse :saai:

At home country I loved May, here I kind of hate it.

What wouldnt i do just to savour sniffing a bluebell. ????

5 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I find that I don't want to use my pool in the daytime.  The water is too warm and hardly refreshing and the sun beating down makes it more like an endurance test than a pleasure  Best time for a swim is early morning, before the sun comes up, but I can't be arsed to get out of bed that early, I would rather stay in bed, in the air conditioning, for an hour or so longer. 

Pool your cash and call in an ice truck ??

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

What wouldnt i do just to savour sniffing a bluebell. ????

Not a problem here in Thailand. Those cute little Thai lady flowers smell just like bluebells to me. And taste a lot better.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Not a problem here in Thailand. Those cute little Thai lady flowers smell just like bluebells to me. And taste a lot better.

Talking of little "Petals" will be down some time very soon for steve and becks for a trip back for Songkran . will give ya a nod .

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

Pool your cash and call in an ice truck ??

Ice in the pool, now there's an idea.

Our condo in KL had a cooled pool, absolute bliss and the locals wouldn't go near it "too cold".

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

Talking of little "Petals" will be down some time very soon for steve and becks for a trip back for Songkran . will give ya a nod .

Look forward to it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I'm a Yorkshire man, so it's hard work and beer that we are into. 

Often said England's equivalent of lumberjacks.

I always assumed that it was due to wearing women's clothing rather than the hard work though.

Ironically, Michael Palin's a Yorkshireman.

Edited by Spidey
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Good job you were not here for the year when instead of a rainy season after Songkran we had an extension of the hot season. It was UNBEARABLE. Highest temp I have seen is 97F - been 104 some years. Seriously it is hot but it is clean heat (i.e. low humidity).

I don't like it - eventually it will drive me from Thailand maybe before BJ does, because it is so restrictive - I don't want to go out in it - until about 4pm.

Ive been here almost 15 years total but 3 years up CM so may have missed that .

6 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I don't believe it !! My weather station is telling me that indoors is 36.8 and outdoors is only 35, I'm off down the bar for a few cold ones and a bite to eat before the place shuts, too bloody hot in here.

Too mutt fake news diet.

9 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

Ive been here almost 15 years total but 3 years up CM so may have missed that .

I've been here 15 years this September, but also never been back to the UK. In fact, during those years, I've only been to Laos and Vietnam, apart from here.

So in those 15 years, the coldest I have experienced is 13 degrees, and it was <deleted> bitter, wooly hat and glove weather !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1