Jump to content
BANGKOK 24 May 2019 02:12
Liverpudlian

Wilting in this heat

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

What wouldnt i do just to savour sniffing a bluebell. 😩

Not a problem here in Thailand. Those cute little Thai lady flowers smell just like bluebells to me. And taste a lot better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

good idea. 

I'm a scouser and we are full of ideas, like robing banks 😎

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Liverpudlian said:

I'm a scouser and we are full of ideas, like robing banks 😎

I'm a Yorkshire man, so it's hard work and beer that we are into. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Not a problem here in Thailand. Those cute little Thai lady flowers smell just like bluebells to me. And taste a lot better.

Talking of little "Petals" will be down some time very soon for steve and becks for a trip back for Songkran . will give ya a nod .

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

Pool your cash and call in an ice truck ??

 

Ice in the pool, now there's an idea.

 

Our condo in KL had a cooled pool, absolute bliss and the locals wouldn't go near it "too cold".

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

I'm a Yorkshire man, so it's hard work and beer that we are into. 

Rum stuff is that Dandelion & burdock .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

Talking of little "Petals" will be down some time very soon for steve and becks for a trip back for Songkran . will give ya a nod .

Look forward to it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I'm a Yorkshire man, so it's hard work and beer that we are into. 

Often said England's equivalent of lumberjacks.

 

 

I always assumed that it was due to wearing women's clothing rather than the hard work though.

 

Ironically, Michael Palin's a Yorkshireman.

 

 

Edited by Spidey
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Good job you were not here for the year when instead of a rainy season after Songkran we had an extension of the hot season. It was UNBEARABLE. Highest temp I have seen is 97F - been 104 some years. Seriously it is hot but it is clean heat (i.e. low humidity).

 

I don't like it - eventually it will drive me from Thailand maybe before BJ does, because it is so restrictive - I don't want to go out in it - until about 4pm.

Ive been here almost 15 years total but 3 years up CM so may have missed that .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spidey said:

Often said England's equivalent of lumberjacks.

 

 

I always assumed that it was due to wearing women's clothing rather than the hard work tough.

RIPPER !! never to be forgotten ey !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't believe it !! My weather station is telling me that indoors is 36.8 and outdoors is only 35, I'm off down the bar for a few cold ones and a bite to eat before the place shuts, too bloody hot in here.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a 25 thousand BTU AC in my kitchen. Make house like 7/11.

 

plus one AC in each bedroom. Make house like 7/11.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I don't believe it !! My weather station is telling me that indoors is 36.8 and outdoors is only 35, I'm off down the bar for a few cold ones and a bite to eat before the place shuts, too bloody hot in here.

 

Too mutt fake news diet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

Ive been here almost 15 years total but 3 years up CM so may have missed that .

I've been here 15 years this September, but also never been back to the UK. In fact, during those years, I've only been to Laos and Vietnam, apart from here.

So in those 15 years, the coldest I have experienced is 13 degrees, and it was <deleted> bitter, wooly hat and glove weather !

  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...