Wilting in this heat

Liverpudlian

2 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Just sit stark-naked outside.... I was wondering why everyone in the street ran indoors when I sat outside on the pavement.. ????

You sat on the pavement naked? Thats silly, I just put on three socks and do the tripod. Lot cooler. And the girls dont run. In fact, they sort of crowd around

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Got a mate comes to see me from Garston (where I'm from), arriving after Songkran, and he would swap Liverpool for Khon Kaen any day, if he had the money.

Comparing the 2 cities, here wins hands down, and well worth putting up with some extreme heat for. 

Garston is a dismal, grey, characterless, nowhere-ville attached to North Watford.

A place of banishment and death, only notable and only visited for its crematorium (where several friends and family have gone up in smoke).

As a Hertfordshire native who knows the dump and has experienced the cities at both ends of the M62 (Liverpool and Hull) I would choose either of them over Garston without hesitation.

Edited by Enoon

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

I expect most of the posters on this thread are British,we always

complain about the weather,too hot ,too cold,too wet.too whatever.

I honestly dont feel its hot yet,I don't have A/c,as I don't like them.

sleep with the windows open,same downstairs windows open in

the day,have lots trees ,bushes and water around the house,which

keep it cool,you can feel the difference when you go outside.

When in the house I,just wear a sarong,and put on fan in afternoon,

if you are feeling the heat now,I can promise you ain't felt nothing yet.

I would rather be here feeling the heat,than freezing my arse off in UK.

regards worgeordie

Where is your abode ?

22 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Garston is a dismal, grey, characterless, nowhere-ville attached to North Watford.

A place of banishment and death, only notable and only visited for its crematorium (where several friends and family have gone up in smoke).

As a Hertfordshire native who knows the dump and has experienced the cities at both ends of the M62 (Liverpool and Hull) I would choose either of them over Garston without hesitation.

Ellesmere port takes the crown for dull and getting duller, sat many hours in that bloody shopping mall selling my hand made artsy gear.

18 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

Garston is in South Liverpool, famous for certain footballers like John Aldridge and Jimmy Case.

I enjoyed my 45 years there, but was eventually glad to move here for the climate, for medical reasons.

I used to clean the windows of Peter beardsley & Alan hanson on Rotten row Southport how aptly named, the tight <deleted> never ever tipped at crimbo.

• Haha 2

It's been 104 <deleted>' degrees out since noon. No air conditioning. Am I supposed to be feeling guilty for feeling uncomfortable??? Like I'm less of a man for not reveling in this tropical heat wave? Jeez.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, grollies said:

Ellesmere Port? You posh git. Now Runcorn......did you ever get that way, can't remember the name of the pub run by Colin 'Corky' mate of mine and Britain's fattest man.

I could have gone down as Britains skinniest but when i stood side ways they deleted my dangl'y bits .

Ay it’s been a bit cosy this week !!

Picked the wrong week to start tiling outside I suppose but needs to be done before the rains come !!
Luckily have a bit of a breeze and not too bad in the shade, but in direct sunshine.... no thanks, just don’t have the protection up top anymore !!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Ay it’s been a bit cosy this week !!

Picked the wrong week to start tiling outside I suppose but needs to be done before the rains come !!
Luckily have a bit of a breeze and not too bad in the shade, but in direct sunshine.... no thanks, just don’t have the protection up top anymore !!

Absolutely bucketed down last night for a good 2 hours , welly happy cows welly good gleen glass.

37 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

Absolutely bucketed down last night for a good 2 hours , welly happy cows welly good gleen glass.

Had a storm middle of last week for about an hour, I dashed around moving stuff under cover but needn’t have bothered the rain came literally sideways and the wind changed direction to make sure it soaked everything !!

On the other hand, 30 minutes after the storm it was like it never happened and and the car  was gleener !!

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Like I'm less of a man for not reveling in this tropical heat wave?

You are dude. Real men would be out digging a ditch with no shirt or running a marathon

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, grifbel said:

A bit of a head scratcher that anyone would move to a hot tropical country and then whinge about the weather? 

I know of people who've bought property close to airports and then complain about the aircraft noise. There's none so queer as folk

30 minutes ago, grifbel said:

A bit of a head scratcher that anyone would move to a hot tropical country and then whinge about the weather? 

Well look at it this way, folks such as your good self would have bugger all to whine back with ey ! ????

20 hours ago, Spidey said:

Often said England's equivalent of lumberjacks.

I always assumed that it was due to wearing women's clothing rather than the hard work though.

Ironically, Michael Palin's a Yorkshireman.

Alas, the trannie tribes would today twitter this off the airwaves.....

20 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I expect most of the posters on this thread are British,we always

complain about the weather,too hot ,too cold,too wet.too whatever.

I honestly dont feel its hot yet,I don't have A/c,as I don't like them.

sleep with the windows open,same downstairs windows open in

the day,have lots trees ,bushes and water around the house,which

keep it cool,you can feel the difference when you go outside.

When in the house I,just wear a sarong,and put on fan in afternoon,

if you are feeling the heat now,I can promise you ain't felt nothing yet.

I would rather be here feeling the heat,than freezing my arse off in UK.

regards worgeordie

I don't think a sarong would go down well in Sunderland....

I was in Bangkok last weekend and with the haze was probably only about 30 degrees, so quite comfortable as not too humid.

In the house a fan is enough cooling by day and at night can have the air con at 26 degrees.

22 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Got a mate comes to see me from Garston (where I'm from), arriving after Songkran, and he would swap Liverpool for Khon Kaen any day, if he had the money.

Comparing the 2 cities, here wins hands down, and well worth putting up with some extreme heat for. 

Only a few things cause me (occasionally) to visit "The Pool", marriages, deaths and a visit to Anfield to watch the Redmen. Same goes for the rest of the UK. I prefer my little place in Pattaya by the sea.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jesimps said:

and a visit to Anfield to watch the Redmen

Id rather watch grass grow. Wannabes and Scousers. At least when they had Gerard and Crouchie you could enjoy watching them lose, now you cant even do that. Better off watching the pathetic MLS

Man U. You will never be it.

Edited by Nyezhov
  • Like 1