Wilting in this heat

Liverpudlian

Seems some here missed my main point as mentioned at my beginning, i had been recording readings each day for weeks of temps twixed 40c and 41c, TV weather were showing 36 / 38c thus i'm calling bullshit to avoid global warming alarms, i moved here loooong ago and loved it but this is shit stuff to live with at this moment in time , my 19 month old daughter had to visit a clinic for respiratory probs and guess what ! we had to sit with about 8 other nippers to use a machine breathing mask, did this daily for a week and she is now ok, but for how long ?? so the odd nanny by the seaside wont have a clue as to live with temps such as this, mini rant over. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

This has been like this for weeks upon end ! and reports via media say lower temps, HOG WASH.

Welcome to hot season here. Its only going to get worse. Last year not much of a hot season, looks like its payback time this year. Very sad but also very true.. Worse if your stupid like me and try to make a 4 layer lasagna today.. lol...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

Seems some here missed my main point as mentioned at my beginning, i had been recording readings each day for weeks of temps twixed 40c and 41c, TV weather were showing 36 / 38c thus i'm calling bullshit to avoid global warming alarms, i moved here loooong ago and loved it but this is shit stuff to live with at this moment in time , my 19 month old daughter had to visit a clinic for respiratory probs and guess what ! we had to sit with about 8 other nippers to use a machine breathing mask, did this daily for a week and she is now ok, but for how long ?? so the odd nanny by the seaside wont have a clue as to live with temps such as this, mini rant over. 

A bit cooler in Patts today. I've just nipped in and put a T-shirt on. Might pop in and have a beer with Joy later. No, sod that, even in this heat she never has the air con on, like a sauna in there. Have a word, will ya?

• Haha 1

I enjoy this weather when in doors as the house is at least 10 degrees cooler than it is outside.

What I don't like is the Thai guy who has been tiling two of our 3 bathrooms, coming in and out and leaving the front door open for the hot air to come in when he goes outside to cut some of the tiles or mix up the cement/glue, at least he closes the fly/mozzie screen door, but will be so happy when he leaves after the job is done, a day, two, max at his snail pace I hope, then I won't have to get up every time he goes out or comes in to close the door, you'd think the penny would have dropped by now, but then again, I suppose the lao khao has probably popped a fair few brain cells over the many years he has been drinking it, or he is just as thick as a brick as we say.

It pays to have good ceiling height, sissolation, insulation, whirly birds and proper ventilation under the front gable/s of the house and under the eves, also additional roof cover at the front, side and rear of the house so the sun don't touch the rendered brick walls, also helps keep it cool, cool, cool

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Liverpudlian said:

my 19 month old daughter had to visit a clinic for respiratory probs and guess what ! we had to sit with about 8 other nippers to use a machine breathing mask,

Hope your daughter is feeling better, from my experience here, paying for private cover gets the kids and us serviced in a private hospital real quick, no or very little wait time.

• Thanks 1

At CNX airport. Left my house drove over mountains to CM only to see temp jump to 39c and the air is unbelievably bad.  Lord.  

They say 39 but feels like 42 and no air moving at all.

• Thanks 1

Typical whinging POM. Never happy, blah blah.

2 days of rain, then it will be something else to moan about. Blah, blah.

i bet it gets too dark at night huh ????????

next thing is you will be checking your bed clothes to see if you have lost any sleep, blah blah

????

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I enjoy this weather when in doors as the house is at least 10 degrees cooler than it is outside.

What I don't like is the Thai guy who has been tiling two of our 3 bathrooms, coming in and out and leaving the front door open for the hot air to come in when he goes outside to cut some of the tiles or mix up the cement/glue, at least he closes the fly/mozzie screen door, but will be so happy when he leaves after the job is done, a day, two, max at his snail pace I hope, then I won't have to get up every time he goes out or comes in to close the door, you'd think the penny would have dropped by now, but then again, I suppose the lao khao has probably popped a fair few brain cells over the many years he has been drinking it, or he is just as thick as a brick as we say.

It pays to have good ceiling height, sissolation, insulation, whirly birds and proper ventilation under the front gable/s of the house and under the eves, also additional roof cover at the front, side and rear of the house so the sun don't touch the rendered brick walls, also helps keep it cool, cool, cool

Ha !! you should change your tag name to Victor meldrew . ???? 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

Typical whinging POM. Never happy, blah blah.

2 days of rain, then it will be something else to moan about. Blah, blah.

i bet it gets too dark at night huh ????????

next thing is you will be checking your bed clothes to see if you have lost any sleep, blah blah

????

UH ! I see a pot kettle black.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

????

As opposed to you who checks under your bedclothes to see if you've lost any girlfriends sheep. Baa Baa.

• Haha 2

I live lat prao .north bkk.

The bts extention is full on construction. ..the traffic is standstill.

The motorbikes ride the pavement. 

The bbq sellers are on the pavement. 

The ac  are all on full.

The buses are churning out black smoke do I gotta wear a mask. ...that's not helping.

Last week I went to pattaya and was  shocked how cool it was in comparison. 

Going back to uk next week. I think I should have gone mid Feb. 

A 5 min walk from my condo to lotus and I'm sweating like Gary glitter in a courtroom

• Haha 1

Garston is a dismal, grey, characterless, nowhere-ville attached to North Watford.

Wow, that takes me back 30 years.  I used to work at Marconi Space systems in Watford, designing bits for satellites.

Yep - Garston was a dump then...

Lived in China and if the temperature got to 40 c or above city

Rulee stop work and let employees go home...

A coulke season hit weather go to 40,41,42 their largest tax revenue 

doe th city with 4,500. According to the weather guys it nipped at 40 but never got there...

i prefer hot to cold.. had quad bypass 25 years ago

its a liitle painful so prefer warm weather 

Edited by DJ54
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

Ha !! you should change your tag name to Victor meldrew . ???? 

Good actor in his day the old boy.

As for the tag, one of my mates many years ago said I had a big ego when I purchased a 1974 Silver Shadow Rolls Royce back, so I went to the motor registry and ordered an appropriate number plate, hence the tag name ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vinniekintana said:

Living in a seaside town, ....31-32 are typical this time of year 

It always baffles me why ppl choose to live a million miles away from the ocean (or in BKK)

The only reason I will entertain is 'work related' reasons.

Lots of us choose Isaan for its vast open vistas and farmer culture, but never was it ever as hot as its been here in my 15 years, last day or so has been cooler but we are getting smog haze coming down from CM and its regions.  and i wake up this morning to the inevitable news that isaan folks predicted DESPITE voting en mass. NUFF said ey !

14 hours ago, simon43 said:

Wow, that takes me back 30 years.  I used to work at Marconi Space systems in Watford, designing bits for satellites.

Yep - Garston was a dump then...

You must have been there when i was , the place time forgot .