Visa run report to Ho Chi Minh City.

Just a quick report of my NON-ED visa run (and also city trip) to HCM. Arrived at the consulate on a Monday around 8:10. Consulate opens at 8:30. My first idea was that I arrived at the wrong address. There was no one there. But turned out I was the first to arrive. Two more people joined before 8:30. Gave my paperwork to the desk guy, he looked quickly through it and requested the 80USD. There were two desks, it's a small consulate.

Next day pickup from 13:30. Arrived at 13:45. Queue was around 10 people but went very fast. In and out maybe five to ten minutes. Nothing to complain about the consulate in HCM.

Fly back to DM, arrival 19:35 on a Wednesday. Wasn't sure what to expect due to all the reports. Every foreign passport counter, around 10 in total, had a queue of maybe 15 people. 2 male an 8 female IO's. Choosen a male one, think he was in his thirties. Watched the other queues closely but didn't saw anybody taken aside. He took my passport, didn't even look at me and stamped me in.

So a very smooth experience and Saigon is definitely worth a visit.

My profile: mid 40's, caucasian, wore a 'Good morning Vietnam' T-shirt, short pants but no flip flops. [emoji28]

• Thanks 2

Thanks for your report! A couple of questions, if you don't mind: Was that an ED visa for a language school? Was the paperwork addressed specifically to the consulate in HCMC? The latter seems to be a requirement at some places, not sure about HCMC.