Thai people are less happy than last year, says the UN

rooster59

Old-Thai-women.jpg

People in Thailand aren’t as happy as they were last year, a new report has revealed.

According to the latest edition of the World Happiness Report, which was released earlier this week, Thailand ranked in 52nd place out of 156 countries.

The World Happiness Report, produced by the U.N Sustainable Development Solutions Network, ranks countries by how happy their citizens see themselves as being.

It’s based on a number of different factors such as economic wealth, life expectancy, social support, freedom to make life choices and levels of corruption in both public and private sector.

This years rankings saw Thailand drop six places compared to 2018, and twenty places from its ranking in 32nd place in 2017.

It was also the lowest ranking Thailand has received since it was first featured in the report in 2012, when it ranked in 18th place.

Screenshot 2562-03-23 at 13.34.06.png

Despite its lowly position this year, the report actually ranked Thailand as the second happiest country in Southeast Asia, behind Singapore which ranked in 32nd place.

The report ranked Thailand as the second most corrupt country in Southeast Asia behind Malaysia, while it also found that Thailand was third when it came to generosity behind Myanmar and Indonesia.

Globally, the report found that Nordic countries are the place to be, with Finland topping the happiness rankings for the second consecutive year, with researchers saying the country has the ideal mix of a balanced life that is not dependent on economic or material wealth.

Denmark, Norway and Iceland took the next spots, with the rest of the top ten made up of The Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, New Zealand, Canada and Austria.

The United States dropped from the 18th to 19th place, while the UK moved up four places to 15th. 

South Sudan was found to be the least happy country, followed by the Central African Republic and Afghanistan.

You can read the report in full here: http://worldhappiness.report/ed/2019/

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-23

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

People in Thailand aren’t as happy as they were last year, a new report has revealed.

You could probably have said the same thing every year since 2014, and it won't get better if he stays in.

14 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The report ranked Thailand as the second most corrupt country in Southeast Asia behind Malaysia,

come on team Thailand, you can do it! number one in transportation deaths and number one in corruption! go team Thailand!

I bet there are more than a few thousand Thais who would disagree with the UNs findings thanks to the Junta's hard work in ensuring  that they have "returned happiness to the Thais" as they promised.  Of course when the Junta made that statement they did not specify  exactly how many and whom of their backers and supporters that they would be returning happiness to.   Guess the more those people  have accrued, then the happier they are ?

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

Why would anyone be happy in Thailand?  Can't make and sell beer.   Can't get a good education.  Can't breath the air.   Have very little to look forward to.  Kannot is something you hear everyday. 

When I hear "cannot", I think of a way to make it possible. Except of beer on election day, of course. 

1 hour ago, micmichd said:

When I hear "cannot", I think of a way to make it possible. Except of beer on election day, of course. 

The Thai people are resourceful, patient and wanting change.  Many times I get under charged in Thailand, as the work I provide is fun and I do not push that hard.    The military, on the other hand, likes shopping overseas rather than spur industry in Thailand.   Why is that?

8 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

The Thai people are resourceful, patient and wanting change.  Many times I get under charged in Thailand, as the work I provide is fun and I do not push that hard.    The military, on the other hand, likes shopping overseas rather than spur industry in Thailand.   Why is that?

Yes sure of course they want change. They have shown this through there pro-activity against the Junta over the last 5 years!!!

8 hours ago, JimSaints said:

Poor people working (and starving) for 300b per day - who can be happy then …

Some new shops are being built next to me right now, 4 floors with an open floor on the bottom for a shop outlet. Myanmarese workers being paid 240 baht per day for a 10 hour shift !

11 hours ago, bowerboy said:

This report and the concept behind it are complete and utter nonsense.

Do you have any concept or report that measures disbelievers and experts on nonsense?

On 3/23/2019 at 6:05 PM, rooster59 said:

Well dear, UN, a lot of Thai people are dead because of car accidents, domestic violence, corruption and etc.....

Archived