Importing a pig or 2 !!

So, unless someone knows of a breeder in Thailand, what is the go for importing a couple of pigs from overseas ? 

Has anyone bought livestock into the country before and know the procedure ?

I'm after Kunekune pigs.. They aren't a miniture pig but they are small breed and damn cute ????????

images (2).jpeg

images (3).jpeg

Just now, CharlieH said:

Have you thought of contactinv a pig breeder in Thailand ? If they dont do the breed you want they may know who does.

I'm busy on Google now but not having much luck for this specific breed but just thought someone on here might have come across some..

I'll keep looking...

Seriously, you want to raise pigs...?

Have you any experience?  Do you know the diseases, flies, costs, and smell that stays in the soil for years?

If you insist on doing this...keep the pig pen down-wind and as far away from peoples homes as possible.

One other thought...if they are outdoors...you could have a predator problem.

Other than the initial costs...you are good to go...enjoy!   ????

11 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Seriously, you want to raise pigs...?

Have you any experience?  Do you know the diseases, flies, costs, and smell that stays in the soil for years?

If you insist on doing this...keep the pig pen down-wind and as far away from peoples homes as possible.

One other thought...if they are outdoors...you could have a predator problem.

Other than the initial costs...you are good to go...enjoy!   ????

Yes

Yes 

Covered thanks

Do you know the type of pig I am referring to ? They will be for pets, not for meat. Not that it's your business but I grew up on a small farm in U.K and have a very large selection of birds here in Thailand. So yes I have experience and yes I know what I'm getting into.

Thanks for the links to importing animals though ????????????

17 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I found one in around 10 seconds.......hope this helps

http://www.surinfarm.com/smhome.html

Judging by the English on the website there is a "farang" connection there too which may help.

I read through most of that site but must have missed the reference to the Kunekune pig ! Can you highlight where you saw mention of the Kunekune ?

On 3/24/2019 at 3:35 PM, cornishcarlos said:

I read through most of that site but must have missed the reference to the Kunekune pig ! Can you highlight where you saw mention of the Kunekune ?

What I said was, if they do not have the specific breed you want, as breeders, they may know who does have them, or where to try get what you want.

33 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

What I said was, if they do not have the specific breed you want, as breeders, they may know who does have them, or where to try get what you want.

Right.. In that case I found a few breeders that I can ask ???????? Thanks again

Archived