BANGKOK 21 April 2019 16:08
AndrewChinagmai

Alternatives to Thailand because Denied Entry in Chiangmai

Add the Philippines to your shortlist. Visas are pretty easy, and living costs low, especially if you like to spend some of your time in bars. The main drawback is that the food scene is pretty dismal.

• Like 2

I have done a lot of research on Vietnam and special Da Nang and it's been growing a lot the last few years and lot more opportunities to do business if one wishes. Great beaches and nature and cheap food and beers. Visa there is in your case tourist visa and that you can do as many times as you want, for now, who knows in the future. There are other options also depends on your plans. Get married and get 5 years visa:) There is a good forum there but I can't name it here but search google and you will find everything you need to know, check also youtube videos, its all there and for me, it gives a good feeling the things I see and read. So I only have the girlfriend here that makes me drag my feet or else I will be leaving tomorrow:)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

Add the Philippines to your shortlist. Visas are pretty easy, and living costs low, especially if you like to spend some of your time in bars. The main drawback is that the food scene is pretty dismal.

I will second that. You can stay there on a tourist visa, renewing now and then, for three years before you have to leave then come back. No hassles. And you can go to plenty of different places. I’m thinking of checking out Cebu the next time I’m in SE Asia.

• Like 2

Chiang Mai has been relaxed about this but it looks like they are now cracking the whip. 

Not in SE Asia...but, checkout Panama...many perks and easy visas make this a place to consider...

25 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Not in SE Asia...but, checkout Panama...many perks and easy visas make this a place to consider...

Dangerous?

1 minute ago, AlexRich said:

Dangerous?

No more so than Thailand...

3 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

No more so than Thailand...

Mmm ... that doesn't sound convincing?

26 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Mmm ... that doesn't sound convincing?

Do your homework...google will give you all the info...

3 hours ago, pr9spk said:

I disagree - there are some really tasty foods in the Philippines, if you've ever gone to a wedding party and eaten lechon you would know what I'm talking about.

Lechon is a delicacy and is very nice, but is not part of the daily fare - disgusting cold stodge. 

7 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

disgusting cold stodge. 

Thailand has that also.

• Like 1