Hundreds of thousands march in London to demand new Brexit referendum

rooster59

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

The options for the terms of Brexit available are those that the House of Commons may resolve upon, not those defined by Hard Brexiteers.

30 minutes ago, vogie said:

But your definition of a hard brexiteer differs from most peoples, hard brexiteers in parliament are the MPs that want to give the electorate what they voted for and by definition are the only true believers in democracy.

Not interested so much in the Hard Brexiteer definitions which are a dishonest broken record. More focused on the real world options available in Parliament. And as for the Hard Brexiteers laughingly talking about democracy, to a man, here, they were pushing Royal Prerogative not so long ago.

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Just the tip of the iceberg. Many more of us here in Thailand, armed and ready.

Never mind that. How's the massive Hard Brexiteer junk demonstration getting on, stumbling South along the verges of the English B roads?

A lot of money was poured into the Remainers fun day out. Total waste of time, but at least they had a nice day for it.

It must have cost a fortune in banners and blue face paint. Who paid for it all and who is the 'Left Bloc'? Where does their cash come from?

4 minutes ago, bannork said:

So you mean leave with no deal?

I would take no deal vs not leaving.

I have a strong preference for a deal because the markets/rest of the world want that. BUT if the politicians (UK and EU) that I pt my faith in - and Cameron abrogated responsibility to - are not mature enough to cooperate to create an acceptable deal, then no deal it must be.

2 minutes ago, Dellboy218 said:

Had one already, democracy has yet to be honored. 

Because it's been proved impossible to enact it in the way that the Brexit campaign promised it to the people.

3 minutes ago, Loiner said:

A lot of money was poured into the Remainers fun day out. Total waste of time, but at least they had a nice day for it.

It must have cost a fortune in banners and blue face paint. Who paid for it all and who is the 'Left Bloc'? Where does their cash come from?

Hagbard Celine.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Because it's been proved impossible to enact it in the way that the Brexit campaign promised it to the people.

the brexit campaign never promised anything to me, peoples should have come to their decision based on their personnel experiences of the way the UK has slid down a ladder for years, anyone that believes anything a politician says is naive

2 minutes ago, steve187 said:

the brexit campaign never promised anything to me, peoples should have come to their decision based on their personnel experiences of the way the UK has slid down a ladder for years, anyone that believes anything a politician says is naive

So you weren't concerned about what terms we would leave on and what effect that would have on the economy?

5 minutes ago, steve187 said:

Yes. Its all down to HRM when it comes to personnel.

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

So you weren't concerned about what terms we would leave on and what effect that would have on the economy?

The 'terms' to me mean trading with the rest of the World on WTO rules and negotiating tariff free with countries who want to have that kind of relationship.  That undemocratic association the EU can negotiate with us if it likes, if not, then fine by me.  Out means out, no deal does it for me. I dont want a half way house with the EU, neither in nor out.  Yes there may be an economic hit, but its worth it to be an independent Sovereign Nation again.  

4 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

You mean the ones stumbling down the A1 ?

They don't need to march, we won the referendum.  Remember that democratic process?  Of course, remainders don't want democracy, that's why they like the EU. 

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

The 'terms' to me mean trading with the rest of the World on WTO rules and negotiating tariff free with countries who want to have that kind of relationship.  That undemocratic association the EU can negotiate with us if it likes, if not, then fine by me.  Out means out, no deal does it for me. I dont want a half way house with the EU, neither in nor out.  Yes there may be an economic hit, but its worth it to be an independent Sovereign Nation again.  

Rule Britannia, as it sinks beneath the waves.

Archived