Hundreds of thousands march in London to demand new Brexit referendum

rooster59

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

The 'terms' to me mean trading with the rest of the World on WTO rules and negotiating tariff free with countries who want to have that kind of relationship.  That undemocratic association the EU can negotiate with us if it likes, if not, then fine by me.  Out means out, no deal does it for me. I dont want a half way house with the EU, neither in nor out.  Yes there may be an economic hit, but its worth it to be an independent Sovereign Nation again.  

Its not up to you. Its up to the House of Commons.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

They don't need to march, we won the referendum.  Remember that democratic process?  Of course, remainders don't want democracy, that's why they like the EU. 

Another one pushing the Brexit = no-deal only fake button.

Of course all of this is just talk and mostly things have been said

many times before.

It will take someone with real guts and really good ideas to get out of this empasse.

The first vote should never have happend like it did in the first place.Blame the government,they wanted to stay in and expected the vote to go their way,it did not.

On an important issue like Brexit voting should have been mandatory.That would have solved more then half the headache.

Of course the arrogant EU government is loving this,make sure no other country is going to stand up for their rights.

Personally i applaud the spirit of Brexit and i was hoping for the (again arrogant)EU government would take a step back but no way.

I do believe in another 15 years or so there will be no EU as we see it now.The EU spirit has never worked among normal citicens and it never will,the countries are too divided in many ways.

And you can say all you do is talk and have no solution,no i dont,a second vote?Make it mandatory!!!What if the vote turns out to be the same?Only way out is hard Brexit and lets roll the dice.

Do you all realise there will be no more British Pound if you decide to stay?

I am not British, so I hope British posters are not like Americans who normally say if you aren't American then your opinion doesn't count.... so let me put my opinion as a non British whose opinion will not count and it's just an opinion, so take care.

I was all for the Great British Independence and Brexit. As a fellow Canadian I was actually cheering the results. However, I do think another referendum is a fair proposal as obviously no one has the slightest idea what they are doing and it may cause even worse pound drop which will make your real estate even cheaper for all those outsiders you don't want in the country in the first place.

30 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I would take no deal vs not leaving.

I have a strong preference for a deal because the markets/rest of the world want that. BUT if the politicians (UK and EU) that I pt my faith in - and Cameron abrogated responsibility to - are not mature enough to cooperate to create an acceptable deal, then no deal it must be.

Put it to a referendum then: No deal, May's deal, call the whole thing off.

4 minutes ago, jvs said:

Do you all realise there will be no more British Pound if you decide to stay?

There are zero proposals to get rid of the £. Project fear par excellence! However it will be worth bugger all if we leave.

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

There are zero proposals to get rid of the £. Project fear par excellence! However it will be worth bugger all if we leave.

I believe you are wrong,if you do decide to stay in the EU will demand you are going Euro also.Time was running out for the Pound anyway remember?

If you really believe the other Eu members would accept you keep using the pound you are being naive.

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

I believe you are wrong,if you do decide to stay in the EU will demand you are going Euro also.Time was running out for the Pound anyway remember?

If you really believe the other Eu members would accept you keep using the pound you are being naive.

Can you give a link to this complete and utter nonsense? Time was running out for the £? No I don't remember. Do remind me.

48 minutes ago, Spidey said:

So you weren't concerned about what terms we would leave on and what effect that would have on the economy?

no i wanted out, because it was the first time my government had let me have a choice of the EU euro state they had signed me up for, knowing full well that it would affect me, now i just don't care, they have worn me down with all the sh*t, lets stay and be ruled by a bunch of non elected bureaucrats, who hate Britain and the British and have always done so, and to top it all it all, it will make things easier for me

everyone that voted leave, never had a soft leave option. leave is leave that's what was voted for by the majority of voters that voted.

34 minutes ago, jvs said:

Correct, Verhofstadt has said he wants to get rid of all opt outs, he had said a lot of things and we know that he EU doesn't mind bending the rules. It would only be a matter of time before we had to adopt the euro. 

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Hagbard Celine.

Sounds like another local lad. Probably is in those Remain areas.

He must have a bob or two, to buy all those flags for his mates. How much does it cost to finance a protest march and who would pay for it?

37 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Another one pushing the Brexit = no-deal only fake button.

I think you misunderstand.

Brexiteers obviously hoped that trade deals could be quickly negotiated with the eu as part of the leaving/transition process.  Instead, trade deals have been ignored by both the eu and, more suprisingly, the uk govt.!

Consequently, nearly 3 years later, we're (as in MPs......) are left in the position of having to agree to one of the following options:-

1) Agree the appalling deal agreed by the eu and may.  The 'transition period' will then be extended to May.

2) Reject the eu/may deal - in which case, according to the eu's latest terms, the uk leaves the eu on the 12th April.  (Yeah, right ????).  All a bit odd, as bercow has already said that unless the deal is changed substantially, it cannot be voted on again!

3) Tell the eu that the uk is Leaving on 29th March, but MPs have said that they will not agree to no deal.  (Which only proves that they are determined to remain in one way or another...., and is the worst 'negotiating tactic' in history!)

4) Another referendum, but MPs have said they will not agree to this?

5) MPs decide to revoke article 50 and accept that a large (?) majority of the electorate will see this as a betrayal of democracy.  (I estimate 'large majority' - as I'm pretty sure more than a few remainers will recognise this as a betrayal of democracy.)

4 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

5) MPs decide to revoke article 50 and accept that a large (?) majority of the electorate will see this as a betrayal of democracy.  (I estimate 'large majority' - as I'm pretty sure more than a few remainers will recognise this as a betrayal of democracy.)

Remainers won't see it as a betrayal of British democracy. The betrayal was calling the referendum in the first place. We elect MPs to debate and make decisions on our behalf, not call a referendum every time they have a difficult decision to make. Cameron called for a referendum for reasons that had nothing to do with democracy.

IMO Parliament should have triggered Article 50 without a referendum, if that's what they thought the right thing to do was (which they didn't). After the deal was finalised they could then have called a referendum to ratify the deal or remain.

30 minutes ago, steve187 said:

no i wanted out, because it was the first time my government had let me have a choice of the EU euro state they had signed me up for, knowing full well that it would affect me, now i just don't care, they have worn me down with all the sh*t, lets stay and be ruled by a bunch of non elected bureaucrats, who hate Britain and the British and have always done so, and to top it all it all, it will make things easier for me

everyone that voted leave, never had a soft leave option. leave is leave that's what was voted for by the majority of voters that voted.

Cheer up by remembering that the electorate are likely to be very bad tempered at the next GE - and a number of MPs are likely to lose their seats ????.

20 minutes ago, vogie said:

Correct, Verhofstadt has said he wants to get rid of all opt outs, he had said a lot of things and we know that he EU doesn't mind bending the rules. It would only be a matter of time before we had to adopt the euro. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Guy Verhofstadt just a Belgian MEP who likes the sound of his own voice, same as Nutty Nigel. He has no special position that allows him to dictate the rules of the EU.

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

To actually leave the EU, as we voted fora leaving the CU, SM ECJ that is exactly what is the only option now. Thanks to TM. So yes I am entitled to, thank you very much.

Factually incorrect. The referendum ballot question was to remain or leave the EU. Nothing else. What TM did was to 'add-on extras' and got (a naive at the time) parliament to accept her red-lines as being what people voted for. This includes leaving the single market and Customs Union, and kicking aside the ECJ, which you sure didn't vote for.

I think it is democratic to put the various options to the people and let them decide which path to take.

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Guy Verhofstadt just a Belgian MEP who likes the sound of his own voice, same as Nutty Nigel. He has no special position that allows him to dictate the rules of the EU.

He is not just a Belgium MP, he is also the European Parliaments representitive on matters relating to brexit, and he scares me.

26 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I think you misunderstand.

Brexiteers obviously hoped that trade deals could be quickly negotiated with the eu as part of the leaving/transition process.  Instead, trade deals have been ignored by both the eu and, more suprisingly, the uk govt.!

Consequently, nearly 3 years later, we're (as in MPs......) are left in the position of having to agree to one of the following options:-

1) Agree the appalling deal agreed by the eu and may.  The 'transition period' will then be extended to May.

2) Reject the eu/may deal - in which case, according to the eu's latest terms, the uk leaves the eu on the 12th April.  (Yeah, right ????).  All a bit odd, as bercow has already said that unless the deal is changed substantially, it cannot be voted on again!

3) Tell the eu that the uk is Leaving on 29th March, but MPs have said that they will not agree to no deal.  (Which only proves that they are determined to remain in one way or another...., and is the worst 'negotiating tactic' in history!)

4) Another referendum, but MPs have said they will not agree to this?

The best solution is to let the people vote on the options  - although I am aware there is little appetite for this. 

In relation to point 3, a no deal scenario has already been rejected by parliament. It isn't a matter that they wanted to remain, but more that they didn't want to cripple the economy. The impasse could be resolved if the UK stays in the Customs Union, which is really the only practical solution right now. I expect Corbyn would raise this when the Cabinet coup forces out TM this coming week.   

10 minutes ago, MAGA 2020 said:

Exactly......the losers want to vote till they get the results THEY want......lmao

incorrect. Whether you are a leaver or remainer both voices should be heard. That should be up to the people to decide what deal option they want. That's democracy.

Archived