Hundreds of thousands march in London to demand new Brexit referendum

rooster59

1 minute ago, jvs said:

Yes ,we do.

Regretting joining? Wishing your government had been as resolute as Britain's. Don't worry, we'll never join the Euro, only an idiot would do that.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I'm struck at how nice and graceful all the folk that are interviewed in both these Leaver's videos. Comes with having a life well lived.

I think it's a case of the lights are on but no-one's in.

12 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Regretting joining? Wishing your government had been as resolute as Britain's. Don't worry, we'll never join the Euro, only an idiot would do that.

I really hope you are right,more countries have to stand up against thr EU government

Yes there may be an economic hit, but its worth it to be an independent Sovereign Nation again.  

Wanna share your analysis or is it from the same experts that brought us the 350 M per week for the NHS and the easiest deal in history? 

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

They don't need to march, we won the referendum.  Remember that democratic process?  Of course, remainders don't want democracy, that's why they like the EU. 

If anything, you “won” the question whether to leave the EU or not. Even that is highly questionable given the fact that the referendum was manipulated and only advisory. 

However, what’s causing the current impasse is not the question whether to leave the EU or not. It is around the transition period for after leaving the EU. The next question then will be about the future relationships after the transition period after leaving the EU. 

You see, it’s three steps, and you only voted on the first one. 

2 hours ago, jvs said:

Of course the arrogant EU government is loving this,make sure no other country is going to stand up for their rights.

I would love to know (1) what “EU government”; (2) what “rights”; and (3) how exactly. 

47 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I am the first to admit I am not well read on the subject 

Maybe you shouldn’t join the discussion then? 

30 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Rubbish once again. Once again either you didn't watch all the remains leader David Cameron tell us all constantly what leaving the EU meant.

So now you’re trying to tell us that leave voters voted for remain leaders told them, rather than what leave leaders told them? It doesn’t matter, because all that counts is what was written on the ballot paper and that was simply to end EU membership or not. 

Jeremy Corbyn could do something to today that would force the issue, that is to remove her from office by issuing a statement to the effect; "that if she does not resign and Tories appoint a caretaker PM who is who is prepared to listen to the will of people he will have no option but to move tomorrow 'a vote of no confidence in the government', it is not intended to force a general election but is the only way to remove her from office". 

It is a dangerous thing as she could call his bluff and we would leave by default on the 12th or even on Friday if current legislation can not be changed, but he could be noted as the Labour leader who saved this country in by far the biggest crisis for 80 years instead of just another Labour leader who failed to win a general election.

Hopefully she would resign and we will end up with another PM tomorrow who will either revoke article 50 or request another extension so we can hold another referendum, In the march yesterday although was initionally intended as a call for another referendum there were many placards calling for revoking, I am sure the people will accept either option at this time, in May we some local authority elections, the Tories are going to get hammed, and if we do hold European Parliamentary elections the Tories are going to get hammed again as for the fate of Labour that is now in his hands of Corbyn.

1 minute ago, Basil B said:

Jeremy Corbyn could do something to today that would force the issue, that is to remove her from office by issuing a statement to the effect; "that if she does not resign and Tories appoint a caretaker PM who is who is prepared to listen to the will of people he will have no option but to move tomorrow 'a vote of no confidence in the government', it is not intended to force a general election but it the only way to remove her from office". 

It is a dangerous thing as she could call his bluff and we would leave by default on the 12th or even on Friday if current legislation can not be changed, but he could be noted as the Labour leader who saved this country in by far the biggest crisis for 80 years instead of just another Labour leader who failed to win a general election.

Hopefully she would resign and we will end up with another PM tomorrow who will either revoke article 50 or request another extension so we can hold another referendum, In the march yesterday although was initionally intended as a call for another referendum there were many placards calling for revoking, I am sure the people will accept either option at this time, in May we some local authority elections, the Tories are going to get hammed, and if we do hold European Parliamentary elections the Tories are going to get hammed again as for the fate of Labour that is now in his hands of Corbyn.

The Tories would win the vote.

There's already been a referendum, people voted to leave.

As they don't like the result, they're now asking to vote again.

Vote and vote and vote until the result is what they want it to be!

And this people's calling themselves democrats LOL.

EU is a financial dictatorship, UK is still half lucky as didn't adopt the euro currency.

An unelected lobby (the European Commision) pretends to rule our Parliaments and our life.

Lots of misinformation spreads out by the media to brainwash and scare people.

A german-centric criminal organitazion made by two weights and two measures, where rules apply to someone but not to someone else.

I could go on and on but I don't want to spoil my Sunday more than what already did.

19 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The Tories would win the vote.

Do not think so when her leadership was challenged (as I recall it was a close call), I think there are many Tories MP's who would defy the whips even at the risk of expulsion from their party, many will have  the backing of their respective constituency parties.

2 minutes ago, yuiop said:

EU is a financial dictatorship, UK is still half lucky as didn't adopt the euro currency.

An unelected lobby (the European Commision) pretends to rule our Parliaments and our life.

A german-centric criminal organitazion made by two weights and two measures, where rules apply to someone but not to someone else.

I could go on and on but I don't want to spoil my Sunday more than what already did.

Well you have certainly made the case for the power of brainwashing.

Not just a militant leaver, I'll have you know, he's one of Tommy Islam's henchmen.

He’s got a vote and it’s just as good as yours. There’s more of them than you too. You’ll love it when Tommy is a MP.
Roll on Leave.

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

He’s got a vote and it’s just as good as yours. There’s more of them than you too. You’ll love it when Tommy is a MP.
Roll on Leave.

Not true. There's actually far less moronic racist thugs in the UK than honest, decent people like me.

Tommy Islam is now with UKIP. Remind me how many MPs they've ever had elected. And that's considering the fact that their support is only a fraction of what it was in their heyday.

14 minutes ago, yuiop said:

Yawn... same old broken record.

Put your head out the window and listen to the people screaming for an end of this game of poker that will bankrupt the UK under WTO rules...

17 minutes ago, yuiop said:

What the people are asking for is an opportunity to voice their dissatisfaction (or not) with the withdrawal deals offered by the government. If accepting a deal that would economically ruin the UK, it's parliament's decision to avoid that in the greater interests of the UK.

By now, you should have realised that compromises must be made to achieve agreement. If it means staying in the Customs Union and Single market - the simplest solution - the UK could otherwise leave the EU. That you might not like that is neither here nor there. It's in the best interest of the populace, IMO.

It is 6:30 in the UK I wounder how many of the 135+ posts posted over the last 6 hours come from Brits who can legitimately vote in the UK?

I think this thread is going to get more sensible when the elections in Thailand finish and the bars open...

3 minutes ago, jesimps said:

"Hundreds of thousands" of remainers march for a second Brexit refrendum, 17.4 million people say there shouldn't be one, it's already happened.

I'm pretty sure referendums are advisory and not cast in stone, unlike a general election. The government did act on the voters choice, but as at now they have run into a brick wall, as TM's deal has been twice rejected by parliament. And parliament voted against a no-deal exit.

If you can suggest a way forward, please voice an opinion as how to implement the referendum vote, because I cannot without a parliament compromise.

4 minutes ago, jesimps said:

"Hundreds of thousands" of remainers march for a second Brexit refrendum, 17.4 million people say there shouldn't be one, it's already happened.

How many of those 17.4 million who voted Leave would have given up a Saturday and gone to SW1A 0AA just to vote? and how many of those in the march actually did vote leave and regret it?

Your logic is void of any sensible reasoning.   

1 minute ago, stephenterry said:

I'm pretty sure referendums are advisory and not cast in stone, unlike a general election. The government did act on the voters choice, but as at now they have run into a brick wall, as TM's deal has been twice rejected by parliament. And parliament voted against a no-deal exit.

If you can suggest a way forward, please voice an opinion as how to implement the referendum vote, because I cannot without a parliament compromise.

It was as you say advisory.

9 minutes ago, Basil B said:

It is 6:30 in the UK I wounder how many of the 135+ posts posted over the last 6 hours come from Brits who can legitimately vote in the UK?

I think this thread is going to get more sensible when the elections in Thailand finish and the bars open...

You can get a drink from 6pm tonight, but by then this thread will dwindle out. 

A substantial proportion of those who voted 3 years ago are now dead. Should we allow the will of the dead to decide what we do now? OAP's are not really affected by Brexit, they have their pensions, they are only affected if out of the country or if Brexit is so mismanaged that food supplies etc. are affected.

The people who will be affected most by Brexit are those of working age. And a majority of them want to stay in the EU. Both the CBI AND the TUC say that a hard Brexit would be disastrous. Unfortunately for the financial sector, a lot of it has already voted with their feet and moved part of their business abroad. A lot of Multi-national companies have also started to relocate their european HQs out of the UK. Unfortunately Brexit has already damaged the UK economy, whatever happens.

Let the people vote on the options. A Hard Brexit, a crappy deal, or stay in. At least this time people will actually know what they are voting for.

Archived