Any recent problems flying into Koh Samui?

Looking to fly into Samui via Singapore to avoid the Bangkok airports

It's a fair bit moe but for somebody who's probably done 200 days in the last year in LoS on METV's and feeling like the passport has started to get a real good look although no questions or issues so far.  I'm thinking just to pay the extra into USM if it's seen as a safer bet.

I only have 2 weeks this trip so flying to Penang and passing by land would be a bit overkill.  Would be grateful for any input, for £150 or so is it worth just going to USM? The last thing on earth I want to is to be sent packing to my country of origin (UK)

Bangkok, Samui, Phuket, and Krabi are not recommended as places for those with longer/frequent stay histories to enter visa-exempt or even with a Tourist Visa.  

The only airport with a track-record as "generally safe" is CM, if you have a Tourist Visa.  Someone was recently booted visa-exempt there - presumably for "too much time here before."  I'd still re-enter by land, but if I had to fly, it would only be to CM.

Not sure what would happen if booted back to Singapore (haven't read reports of this), but reports of being booted back to Malaysia indicate no problem there (would not be forced to the UK).

• Thanks 1

The only issue is the rip off prices they charge I flew from Krabi to Singapore for 850+ 600 baht to get to Krabi yet to fly from Samui to Bangkok is 4,000 baht. I then flew from Singapore to Bangkok for 1,500 baht one way. ☹️☹️☹️