Thanathorn may be in trouble over alleged share-holding in media firm

rooster59

Thanathorn may be in trouble over  alleged share-holding in media firm

thanathorn-juangroongruangkit1.png

Future Forward party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit may be in hot water over his alleged share-holding in a media organization which, if true, would be in violation of the Constitution.

According to Isra news agency, Thanathorn and his wife Raweepan, had owned a total of 900,000 shares, worth about nine million baht, in V-Luck Media Company. The shares were acquired on April 30th, 2018.

However, all of their shares in the media firm were reportedly transferred to Thanathorn’s mother this week, just days before Sunday’s election. 

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thanathorn-may-be-in-trouble-over-alleged-share-holding-in-media-firm/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-03-24

7 minutes ago, Eligius said:

The relentless persecution continues (for laws that they invent on the hoof, as they go along, and as best suits the Powers That Be) ...

Is that really true? There are existing laws, been in place a long time (not created yesterday by the current government), about candidates owning shares in any company.

8 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

I cannot believe they would make such a stupid mistake over something so trivial especially when they know the EC are actively looking for reasons to get rid of them.

Yes, that's baffled me too.

Surely there must be a whole team of advisers telling them how to comply with laws like these?

18 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Is that really true? There are existing laws, been in place a long time (not created yesterday by the current government), about candidates owning shares in any company.

Since when have 'existing laws' been a factor in anything in Thailand?  

Must be nice to have personal immunity to everything. And wouldn't it be funny to watch it be unfolded as an unspoken wild card that no one knew how far it reached as having political candidate(s) can't do no wrong immunity for the entire group. The Junta and elite's political circus is just plainly disgusting. Leave the guy alone. 

2 hours ago, boonrawdcnx said:

FAKE NEWS again - what is wrong with you idiots spreading them ?

The shares have been proven to have been transferred well in time!

So why are these fake news posted here again without checking the facts first?

Last effort to discredit Thanathorn?

IMG_8499.thumb.PNG.1abd6e7f233b25d86b62b445b5360c94.PNG&key=9bebc9cbb13fe4d564440c422b95b63ac9966873050a90794e5d83a55f05ae05

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

IMG_8500.PNG

He has 53k likes on Facebook for this

3 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

How many did he buy?

You are an expert on Thai politics I guess I am not saying I am but I followed him for a long time 

I have 2500 friends on Facebook all of them in Thailand a lot in Issan and they decided to vote 

for him and on TV in Oz he is classed as the dark horse in the election

8 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

Meanwhile the "saviors of the nation" have control over all media...

How many parties were given the chance to broadcast their program in an one hour promotion show once a week? 

have you watched them?  I don't think the PM did himself any favours with those broadcasts.  All the Thais I know take that time to start cooking dinner. 

Let us not forget the fake news regarding Thaksin and Thanathon on Nation TV last week by Kanok Ratawongsakul the presenter, clearly trying to discredit Thanathon.

Now which media group supplies news to Thai Visa?

Why, yes, it's Nation Multimedia Group. What a coincidence!

Let us not forget the fake news regarding Thaksin and Thanathon on Nation TV last week by Kanok Ratawongsakul the presenter, clearly trying to discredit Thanathon.

Now which media group supplies news to Thai Visa?

Why, yes, it's Nation Multimedia Group. What a coincidence!

Exactly and they still post the fake news here while the cheating has already been started - proven in Korat.

IMG_8504.thumb.PNG.4eabc30b1f9b76d1cc45c736426adca6.PNG

IMG_8505.PNG

1 hour ago, Sir Dude said:

They are really scared by this guy and his party and are looking for any ludicrous excuse to attack or get the party dissolved or him banned for 20 years. 

They can't use the bogeyman Thaksin to this clean pair of hands. Well they did but with that pathetic fake. Plus he is brave he is rich and he knows the risks he is taking but cares about Thailand, democracy and the future of this potentially great country. If this election is rigged or even worse has a post-election coup then the students may just come out on the streets leading the protests this time. They have had enough of this BS and the old levers may not work anymore.  Then all bets are off.

13 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

They can't use the bogeyman Thaksin to this clean pair of hands. Well they did but with that pathetic fake. Plus he is brave he is rich and he knows the risks he is taking but cares about Thailand, democracy and the future of this potentially great country. If this election is rigged or even worse has a post-election coup then the students may just come out on the streets leading the protests this time. They have had enough of this BS and the old levers may not work anymore.  Then all bets are off.

I agree 100%

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Yes, that's baffled me too.

Surely there must be a whole team of advisers telling them how to comply with laws like these?

Remember a previous politician transferring mega bucks to the family driver, the housekeeper and the gardener apparently all unbeknown to themselves, so unlikely it wasn't being attended to in this case. 

32 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

Yes I did:

My%20hood%20on%20Friday_zpsgn4qrs1n.png

The only two programs I watch religiously in Thailand is the nightly royal programme and Prayuth word salad with the helpful English subs a habit that Thai family members don't share. One can learn a lot reading between the lines....if Thais were free to use comedy then this bunch would have been laughed out of office long ago. Trouble is they can't take a joke.....unless it is a Big one.  

6 hours ago, Eligius said:

The relentless persecution continues (for laws that they invent on the hoof, as they go along, and as best suits the Powers That Be) ...

Do you have any evidence to support your "statement" that this law was recently invented? Or is it in fact an old law that was enacted through the correct process?

It's not persecution if someone breaks a law, intentionally or remembers to respect it after a deadline is past.

2 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

This photo should be in the media all over the world to let them see how Thai people get betrayed 

So you think its o k for a political party leader, a new one at that, to break the law appertaining to rules for election candidates?

Thought he was supposed to be "different" - looking more and more like same same but younger!

3 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

You may be right. But do you know him personally then? 

3 hours ago, boonrawdcnx said:

Exactly and they still post the fake news here while the cheating has already been started - proven in Korat.

IMG_8504.thumb.PNG.4eabc30b1f9b76d1cc45c736426adca6.PNG

IMG_8505.PNG

Presumably the SET can confirm exactly when the shares in question were transferred.

If the were transferred months ago, then someone somewhere is gonna be in trouble.

Could anyone, please, let me know which month is written in Thai on the shares' transfer document between 8 (the day) and 2562 (the year) (sorry, I don't read Thai)?

Could anyone, please, let me know what that constitutional law stipulates about the length of time before the election, or the candidacy, or the ...(?), by which he, like all others(!), would not have been allowed to hold participation(s) in media business(es)?

Thank you! When I would have a clear answer on both my questions, I think it would be easy to know for sure whether he is at risk, indeed, ...or not at all, when considering the shares' transfer document to be genuine.  

35 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Do you have any evidence to support your "statement" that this law was recently invented? Or is it in fact an old law that was enacted through the correct process?

It's not persecution if someone breaks a law, intentionally or remembers to respect it after a deadline is past.

This thread gets the global lifetime award for lack of reading / lack of comprehension.

Archived