Honest and competent juristic manager for condo

domdom

Hello

We live in a condo which has only 20 units.. Management is a chaos and it is already the 5th juristic manager in few years, either money missing, either too lazy to do anything..

Would anybody be able to recomend a honest and competent juristic manager ??

There is another small condo of 20 units which has the same Juristic as us, so in total would be 2 condos to rule.. Very few things to do.. pay the monthly bills (electricity and water and J M fees mainly) call for expenses 2 a year, organize QGM once a year, organize small maintenance job (approximately 3 to 5 operations per year)

Thanks in advance..

Have a nice sunday

JPM has to be a Thai national as foreigners are not allowed to be one without WP and they dont give WP for this job, inherently, Thais in these positions are tend to be just that lazy and dishonest as these jobs don't pay much but carry a lot of responsibilities, not all though, also, the condo committee has to approve the appointment of jus person...

QPM is a management company. As part of its managerial service is also performs the job of Juristic Person Manager which it includes in the monthly fee. This is a fairly common thing with management companies.

A building with only 20 units doesnt really need a management company as such (not least because the cost would probably be prohibitive) and so I would expect a member of the committee or some other co-owner to do the job of JPM for free, perhaps with the help of whatever sort of building manager the building has. More detail is needed about the number of staff and the annual budget to make a sensible suggestion. No harm asking a management company for a quote, of course.

I also know of buildings that have a building manager and also pay an outside individual to act as JPM, and there are some people who do this for several buildings thus making it a full-time job.

One thing that is for sure: whoever does the job of JPM the finances will still need to be published and checked regularly and in detail by one or more co-owners. If that doesnt happen then money will surely get "lost". Trust no one.

The issue of whether a farang JPM needs to have a work permit keeps coming up again and again and I have heard every possible answer to the question, with none of the answers sounding particularly definitive. If a salary is being paid then obviously a work permit would be required for a farang. If no salary is being paid I see less reason why a farang should not do it, apart from the fact that an ability to read and write Thai would seem to be highly desirable. I personally would not be very happy to sign legal documents that I didnt understand.

Hello

15 years ago the manager was a thai doing it with the help of farang husband.. he was arrested one day and it took nearly 3 years for him to be cleared by a court..

It is a little paradise here.. apart from the management issue going on for decades..

Only 2 co owners (farang) and a co owner thai live here all year long.. All other condos are unoccupied..

We have a maid cleaning the halls once a week and a gardener once a week.. That s all..

As said a second building is exactly in the same position, 20 units, only 2 co owners living there full year, same "staff"

For the time being the Juristicemanager gets 15 K per month per building to do hardly anything apart from paying the maid and paying sometimes for some maintenance we ask for

Have a nice week..

48 minutes ago, domdom said:

Only 2 co owners (farang) and a co owner thai live here all year long.. All other condos are unoccupied..

We have a maid cleaning the halls once a week and a gardener once a week.. That s all..

As said a second building is exactly in the same position, 20 units, only 2 co owners living there full year, same "staff"

For the time being the Juristicemanager gets 15 K per month per building to do hardly anything apart from paying the maid and paying sometimes for some maintenance we ask for

The same JPM gets paid twice for the two buildings? That seems daft. I agree that the monthly salary of 15,000B for your JPM is high even for two buildings, but of course part of that fee is to do with his legal liability.

Given that you pay him that much in total I would certainly consider approaching QPM for a quote as you may find that they will do the management and the accounts for less than you are currently paying just for the JPM's double salary.

57 minutes ago, domdom said:

Hello

15 years ago the manager was a thai doing it with the help of farang husband.. he was arrested one day and it took nearly 3 years for him to be cleared by a court..

It is a little paradise here.. apart from the management issue going on for decades..

Have a nice week..

where is the location, receiving 15K per building thus = 30K is not a bad salary for doing such a type of work. Looking at some past posts about condo issues, it appears the hard thing to find, regardless of the size of the building, is the correct management, could it be due to lack of condo regulations in Thailand

Hello

It is in Najomtien.. JM hardly puts a foot here once a month.. So I think this salary is very good for 5 hours work a month for both buildings, sitting in his office working on other subjects..

Electricity is taken automatically from the condo bank account, so is the water.. I will definitely approach this company QPM

I repeat there are 2 buildings of 20 units and he gets 15 K from each building..

I bring the bills and post to him whenever there is.. I send him also the water consumption of the units twice a year for him to add the bill to the half year expenses debit note..

Have a nice day

How many staff in the office? most condo that employs management companies tends to have at least a handful of staff in a couple of positions like accounts, payroll, maintenance

Other names used by reputable condos in the past that I've had dealings with is

Plus property management 

I don't think that these companies would render their services for just 1 position of the JP manager though

Archived