Airport immigration put the wrong stamp in my passport

Hello all, I cam back from Laos on Wednesday March 20 as the proud owner of a three month business visa for applying for a work permit. 

However, after passing through Suvarnabhumi immigration and returning home, when I looked at the stamp, it only had an allowance for one month. 

I'm told now to go to Chaeng Wattana to have this corrected. 

How long will  this process take? Will they ask for a fee to correct it?

45 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

It is stating the obvious, but most of us just fold up the passport and don't bother looking at it again until a lot later.  I now do not leave the area immediately behind the IO desk until I have checked the visa stamp and the date. 

I entered with an O-A and soon as I left the queue, I checked ot make sure it is one year. For tourist visas I had never done in the past. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, returnee222 said:

Will they refund his taxi fare to and from? I guess asking for lost time is out the question until the WP is valid?

No. They would see it as you’re responsiblity to check you’ve the right ‘admitted until’ date before leaving passport control.

• Thanks 1

Had this happen to me many times, when arriving next time IOs always fix the mistake, of the previous IO, I've had IOs stamp "used" on my metv twice by accident, and also the giving me 30 days instead of 60 days by accident, never an issue and no fee to get it fixed 

22 hours ago, returnee222 said:

Will they refund his taxi fare to and from? I guess asking for lost time is out the question until the WP is valid?

It's a very different story when IOs come to your house for photos etc, when you are applying for Marriage extensions.

They may ask to to pay their fuel "expenses", I know personally of it happening.

18 hours ago, baansgr said:

Need to check every time.....that includes 90 day reporting as can get that wrong also. Simple think to check but so easy to forget.

The date given for the report date are fixed by the local office. Mine was at 76 days (the same as my extension), another person at the same office has a 180 day report date (given by a group of officers in a different area to the usual one), probably because he will be reporting to an office that is being setup now.

So 90 days seems not automatically to be 90 days.

19 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

Yes, I should send them an invoice for the taxi fare and the time it takes to get there. 

Be certain to agree with the taxi driver not to use the meter in exchange for a receipt that you can present to the IO at CW; I'm absolutely certain they will open their petty cash box to refund you on site.