Make Sure My Ducks are In a row please

So. I have a rentry permit, my stuff is boxed up for mailing, my SIM is topped up, and Im getting short. My extension is good till Jan uary 21, 2020

While maybe premature I just want to make sure my ducks are in a row.

Im leaving out of DM, so I just go to immigration and get stamped out, correct?

AS I am out of the country, no 90dayer required correct?

Then when I return, I give them my passport open to the page where my rentry permit is and get stamped back in, correct?

My entry card should list the name of the hotel, correct? No need to notify Immigration that I am at the hotel, correct?

Then when I rent a place, take the bull by the horns and go down and register my address instead of waiting for the landlord to do it. correct?

Then, (if I decide to mess with it) 3 months before my Visa is up wire 800K into a Thai bank and just leave it there...OR.....buy an elite visa...OR just ditch the extension and leave the country again before January 21st and get an SETV and come back in, extend as necessary, then take off home for the summer and either get another SETV from Washington, or an METV, or an Elite, etc.

Am I missing anything. 

Sounds like you got it about right.

If you have a multi entry use that number when you reenter not your extension number.

But why are you going back now?

It Snowed in Reno again last night!

Maybe Southern California is a little better?

You seem to have it all covered. What is best for you to a large extent depends how much of each year your in los vs home country. Lot of people that spend time in own country opt for A-O. You can get 2 yrs out of one and for first 12 month its multi entry and yr after that you need obtain reentry permit. Before the new rules for money in bank method I would lean towards extension based on retirement. However now that requires money in bank all year. If someone is well off financially and can tie up money in Thai bank, then I personally would still go down that track. A-O does not require money in Thai bank

• Like 1

All correct as far as I can see.

When you fill out the arrival card coming back in, put the reentry permit where it asks for visa number. And before leaving the imm counter check that you were stamped in for the correct time period which should be whenever your current permission to stay ends. (as shown on re-entry permit).

1 minute ago, onekoolguy said:

If you have a multi entry use that number when you reenter not your extension number.

????

1 minute ago, onekoolguy said:

But why are you going back now?

Because my lease is up, and its getting to hot ????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

????

Because my lease is up, and its getting to hot ????

What Sheryl is saying is correct. On your tm6 it asks for VISA #.

For that you write your reentry permit #. This alerts io to fact you have one. They will then stamp you in with date on that permit. Very rarely io misses it and makes mistake.

BTW don't hand it to passport control open at permit page. As was mentioned as soon as its handed back to you have a look at your "until date" on stamp io just gave you

Edited by DrJack54
Error
  • Like 1