horrible back pain need help

NCC1701A

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tramadol works for my back pain. Just standard lumbago but it's the kind of thing that can ruin your day. Tramadol is kind of a controlled substance, so some pharmacies will not sell it.  Lots of influence by Americans into Thailand's drug policy. Like everything else here, it is a fluid situation, so YMMV.

Tramadol, and no Rx needed to get it.  Arcoxia will work too.  Tamsulosin will dilate the ureters assisting in evacuation of the stone "if' that is the problem.  Dr's may offer IV morphine, or stronger to help.  GO to a good hospital.  If you need financial support, post a Gofundme, and we'll all pitch in some sin sot cash...god knows if we can pay for a flight to Thailand and pay for hot Thai action, plus support the village, and beer...we can help our mates! Right???

doesn't sound like kidney stones. Ibuprofen max dose per day 2400 mg, start with  600 mg TD Diclofenac max 150 mg, Arcoxia 90 and 120 mg (not longer than 1 week)  are the strongest otc pain  killers in LOS. you can combine with paracetamol max 4000 mg per day, for diclo and ibu I recommend combine with omeprazole 20-40 mg to prevent stomach trouble - and hurry to see a doctor, you can also try tramadol but it has a lot of unpleasant side effects

Don't take any over long time without consulting a doctor (which seems to be your plan anyway)

What kind of back pain is it? Constant or pulsing? Causing back muscle spasms? Don't waste too much time here, get to a hospital. Bear in mind hospitals can prescribe painkillers not available in street pharmacies.

On a scale of one to ten, what number would you assign to the pain?

here is my ranking from weakest to strongest pain killers:

tramadol (weakest)

hydrocodone (vicodin, lortab, norco)

oxycodone (percocet)

oxycontin (contains oxycodone but in very high dosage)

my buddy was addicted to pain killers.  he 'lived' on the floor of my apartment for awhile, he's dead now.  so i got to know what pills were better than others.  the 80mg oxycontin is the super max, he'd smash that into a powder and down it with a glass of water. 

Tramadol wont touch it. Ive been on max dose for years for nerve pain but it does nothing for occasional mild back pain and rheumatoid arthritis

I dont get the logic of asking here. Your Doc will best know when he asks what level of 10 your pain is or you just tell him 

0No Pain

1–3Mild Pain (nagging, annoying, interfering little with ADLs)

4–6Moderate Pain (interferes significantly with ADLs)

7–10Severe Pain (disabling; unable to perform ADLs)

3 minutes ago, buick said:

here is my ranking from weakest to strongest pain killers:

tramadol (weakest)

hydrocodone (vicodin, lortab, norco)

oxycodone (percocet)

oxycontin (contains oxycodone but in very high dosage)

my buddy was addicted to pain killers.  he 'lived' on the floor of my apartment for awhile, he's dead now.  so i got to know what pills were better than others.  the 80mg oxycontin is the super max, he'd smash that into a powder and down it with a glass of water. 

not available in Thailand and anyway not for laymen

6 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

not available in Thailand and anyway not for laymen

they must have something similar, people need these meds after certain procedures or for certain conditions.  i remember they (thai pharmacies) used to sell sublingual temgesic pills that disolved under the tongue.  i'd rank those right in there with the hydrocodone.  way more powerful than tramadol.

edit:  dilaudid is another one, not sure if available in thailand.  my buddy just got a bottle of those after a major neck operation in the USA.  those are above oxycodone and below oxycontin in my previous list.  if you saw the movie, drugstore cowboy, you may recall he was in constant pursuit of dilaudid.  that movie was made before oxycontin came along.

2 minutes ago, buick said:

they must have something similar, people need these meds after certain procedures or for certain conditions.  i remember they (thai pharmacies) used to sell sublingual temgesic pills that disolved under the tongue.  i'd rank those right in there with the hydrocodone.  way more powerful than tramadol.

Temgesic is Buprenorphine a controlled substance not available OTC

you did not say where in back.  I am going to assume that it is lower back.   Also when I "could not move" because of the pain it was because i would spasm just trying to sit or stand up.  worst pain !

getting a dr to give you morphine is usually  REALLY tough.  They would offer tramadol or even paracetamin!

crazy...when i , like you, could barely move.  They gave me an IV...not morphine though i asked... and it did not help !   jesus        HERE IS what helped me later on.  I always refused the light stuff (anti-inflamatory type)  cause they just don't work with real PAIN.   Finally a DR i respect said "" at least take this ( it was diazepam....commonly known as valium).  It is an anti-spasmatic .  IT WORKS !  One 5 mg will put you to sleep.   I take a half when feeling some light spasm.   Hospitals don't want to give morphine , which is most effective,  or diazepam which they have been taught is "addicting".    

I now self medicate when necessary with  diclofenac ....and diazepam if really necessary.  Extreme pain the diazepam works ... and is only thing i can get cause morphine they're not handing out unless you're dying

OP. I suffered from back pain for years, opiates never were a solution. Eventually diagnosed as nerve pain via the use of cat scan of lower back identifying some spinal issues.  If your problem is spinal nerve pain, prescribed Lyrica (try different strengths) as well as specific gym exercise routines to improve core strength - has helped.

At least try to get hospital to give you  diazepam  .   The govt hospitals can be the best if you do not ask for too much  ( try 30 pills).    tell them it is only thing that works and that you do not abuse it ..

and say you cannot sleep....cause they also think that is only time you should use it

Archived