Young voter places his faith on democracy

Jonathan Fairfield

Young voter places his faith on democracy

By PHUWIT LIMVIPHUWAT 
THE NATION

n3.jpeg

Titipong Siwayawiroj, a 24-year-old media planner says that despite the many military coups, he still has faith in the survival of democracy in Thailand. “Many older people are afraid that democracy will bring back street protests and yet another military coup,” he said.

“However, I believe Thai people should have the power to choose their leaders, after all, we are deciding our own future for the next four years.”

Titipong believes that young voters like himself will opt for alternative parties that are new in the political landscape because they are tired of the vicious cycle of protests and coups. 

“Also, younger voters have access to a wider array of political perspectives, unlike the older generation, which tends to only consume traditional media that agrees with their views,” he said.

“Moving forward, I want the new government to be more transparent. International bodies or third parties should be able to investigate the government and hold them accountable for their actions.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30366434

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-24

20 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

“Moving forward, I want the new government to be more transparent. International bodies or third parties should be able to investigate the government and hold them accountable for their actions.”

You need an attitude adjustment, young man????

It seems that the educated youth see a potentially bright future but realize an improvement in the education system is the key to the Thai population being able to self govern. Seems pretty spot on. Just wish it would happen sooner than what it appears it will.

Archived