Stuttering audio from Samsung to optical connection

notrub

Well, The suggestion from KittenKong worked a treat although I am not really very sure which combination of plugging and unplugging, turning off and on, changing various values in different sequential orders really did the trick.  So now the speakers work with the TV but the sound is stuttering, only with the optical cable connection.  Not with the TV sound on with a movie and not with the TV off and the sound directly via BT to the speakers on the PC.  Also not with the PC off and Youtube selected and playing through the TV speakers.  It does stutter with only the TV on and connected with the optical.  (If you think the description is confusing, you should have been here doing it to experience the action first hand!)

Any ideas about the stuttering by chance?

The suggestion to play movies with the BT connected from the computer and the picture on the TV works great and that is what I will do.  When I want to look at the smart programs on the TV, such as Youtube or Thai TV I will just use the TV speaker with no stutter.  Thank you very much for that one KittenKong.

For a smart TV these Samsungs are pretty stupid.  Although generally very happy with them.   

3 hours ago, notrub said:

So now the speakers work with the TV but the sound is stuttering, only with the optical cable connection.  Not with the TV sound on with a movie and not with the TV off and the sound directly via BT to the speakers on the PC.  Also not with the PC off and Youtube selected and playing through the TV speakers.  It does stutter with only the TV on and connected with the optical.

It is not clear to me from your description exactly which source is stuttering. Do you mean that everything works except regular terrestrial TV channels?

Thanks,  It is with the TV sound connected via the optical cable only.  Thanks to your suggestion I now just use the BT on the PC and screen share to the samsung TV.  So it doesn't really matter in terms of usage, just an irritant when something that should work doesn't.  The other one works OK, however.  It is like trying to recode your car key following a dead battery.  You must do certain actions in a certain order or it doesn't work.  Switch the key 5 times, open the door, beep the horn and close the door, for example.  Except in the official instructions they forget to mention close the door...  Thanks again for the BT suggestion, saved me from a sense of humour loss getting some sound out.

Archived