Summer storms looming this week

Jonathan Fairfield

Summer storms looming this week

By The Nation

n7.jpg

File photo

Residents of the upper provinces have been warned that temperatures will soar over the next few days, with storms and gusting winds likely and possibly hailstones too.

The Thai Meteorological Department issued the advisory covering Sunday through Wednesday (March 24-27).

Director-general Phuwieng Prakhammintara said a high-pressure system had moved over the Northeast and South China Sea.

Hot weather is expected across the upper provinces, bringing summer storms, he said. 

Isolated thunderstorms, gusts and hail are expected the Northeast, East, Central region and lower North, he said, urging people to stay safe by avoiding open areas, large trees and unsecured billboards. 

Farmers are advised to brace for crop damage. 

Threatened provinces on Sunday are Phitsanulok, Phichit, Phetchabun, Loei, Nong Bua Lamphu, Udon Thani, Nong Kai, Bueng Kan, Sakhon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Chaiyaphum, Khon Kaen, Maha Sarakam, Kalasin, Roi Et, Yasothin, Mukdahan, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buri Ram, Surin, Si Sa Ket, Ubon Ratchathani, Amnat Charoen, Nakhon Sawan, Lop Buri, Saraburi, Ayutthaya, the Bangkok vicinity, Nakhon Nayok, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Chachoengsao, Chonburi, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat. 

With temperatures were expected to reach 40 degrees in many areas on Sunday, Health Department director-general Dr Panpimol Wipulakorn last week advised people voting to get at least six hours’ sleep before going out to vote and to wear light clothing. 

“There is a risk of heatstroke,” Panpimol warned, saying people should drink eight to 10 glasses of water. 

“Also, take an umbrella and a hat when you head out to vote,” she said. 

Queues were often long for the advance polling on March 17.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30366430

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-24

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Looks like we're just about to get one here in Pattaya. Gone dark and thunder cracks.

Providing you have had 6 hours sleep, drank plenty of water, have an umbrella and a hat & have "braced" yourself - nothing to worry about ???? 

Nothing up here in Udon ???? 

2 minutes ago, CGW said:

Providing you have had 6 hours sleep, drank plenty of water, have an umbrella and a hat & have "braced" yourself - nothing to worry about ???? 

Nothing up here in Udon ???? 

It's started now. Lots of thunder and Lightning and started to come down heavy. Wife is crapping herself. Just gone in to turn the phone and TV off. Me, I love it. Sat on the patio with my laptop, watching the light show.

Residents of the upper provinces have been warned that temperatures will soar over the next few days, with storms and gusting winds likely and possibly hailstones too.

I'm just wondering how the temperatures will sore if it starts to rain according to the article . It should be the other way around! The temperatures will go down. That's common sense ???? 

4 hours ago, wgdanson said:

It's a lovely warm sunny day here. Just gone 18.00, off to 7-11.

You can't trust any forecast that comes from Thailand or even abroad. Is it so difficult to be accurate? Even today with such sofisticated meteorological software? The forecast is bloody rubbish. As a person you can do better. Just watch the cloud development and its direction and you will never get wrong. Thai weather department needs an upgrade and inform its citizens by hour about eventual rainfall or severe weather events. Their forecast is a joke at the moment forecasting the likelihood of rain, 10%, 20%, 40% and so on, Who needs that? Just state exactly if it is going to rain or not in certain areas without Mickey Mouse approach. 

6 hours ago, Spidey said:

It's started now. Lots of thunder and Lightning and started to come down heavy. Wife is crapping herself. Just gone in to turn the phone and TV off. Me, I love it. Sat on the patio with my laptop, watching the light show.

The Thunderstorms are brutal where my kin are in NC. I love them. Especially from the garage.

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

The Thunderstorms are brutal where my kin are in NC. I love them. Especially from the garage.

Watched a documentary about NC yesterday. All about no minimum age for marriage and if you commit statutory rape on a minor, you can avoid prosecution by marrying the girl. Looks like a very strange place.

15 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Watched a documentary about NC yesterday. All about no minimum age for marriage and if you commit statutory rape on a minor, you can avoid prosecution by marrying the girl. Looks like a very strange place.

Why state that. It has no relationship to the post title, it has nothing to do with Spidey. Just rubbish

1 minute ago, Prissana Pescud said:

Why state that. It has no relationship to the post title, it has nothing to do with Spidey. Just rubbish

Nine tenths of what I post is rubbish. One tenth pure gold. You've got to take the rough with the smooth.

4 minutes ago, Prissana Pescud said:

Surprisingly, this weather forecast turns out not to be a forecast but a fact at this same time every year.

In 6 months they will issue reports of no rains.

A nine tenthser.

I am same as you.
Love a good thunderstorm.
Wish we would get this in BKK.
How far would I need to take a bus to see this storm front over next few days?
Thanks

40 minutes ago, ShortTimed said:

I am same as you.
Thanks

You need to go to the hills or close valleys in Issan.

The storms have not hit me at the cusp, I am upper central plains. When it hits here in a month, 

I also sit on our porch. It is spectacular because it is so violent. The noise and the flashes.

It can rumble throughout any time after noon, but just before evening it rolls in dark and forbidding.

Grey and white cloud mixing, a force from the west. My wife says I am crazy and goes indoors.

I love it. (Have got anti lightning conductors installed. lol)

1 hour ago, ShortTimed said:

I am same as you.
Thanks

If I knew you at all, I would invite you to our place in 4,5 weeks. 

But I don't know you and a spare bedroom is waiting if you reply on the personal messages. Cheers

Ps, I do not supply the booze.

14 hours ago, CGW said:

14 hours ago, Spidey said:

Looks like we're just about to get one here in Pattaya. Gone dark and thunder cracks.

Violent cracks of thunder/vicious forked lightning almost overhead on Kao Talo BUT no rain.

North Carolina is a deep-south Republican conservative christian speaking regressive state.  Think dotard Trump, lots of guns in pick-up trucks, illuminated crosses on lawns, summer-time tent revival meetings, tobacco barns and Baptist chapels throughout the land. 

And of course, plenty of violent weather esp during the summer when the hot and cold fronts race over the Smoky Mountains from the West and do battle over the NC sandy flat plains.

This has no bearing on Spidey, it's only information for the ignorant.

North Carolina is a deep-south Republican conservative christian speaking regressive state.  Think dotard Trump, lots of guns in pick-up trucks, illuminated crosses on lawns, summer-time tent revival meetings, tobacco barns and Baptist chapels throughout the land. 

And of course, plenty of violent weather esp during the summer when the hot and cold fronts race over the Smoky Mountains from the West and do battle over the NC sandy flat plains.

And apparently quite a few teen girls who like to go off with older guys in those pickup trucks “to watch the lightning storms” whose parents don’t want them raising a baby out of wedlock.

Thanks, was scrambling my brain to find a thai city/province with NC.

Sent from my SM-J250F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

18 hours ago, Spidey said:

Tomorrows headline " man sitting on porch with a laptop struck by lightening" 

(I'd swap the laptop for a cold-one) otherwise good idea ^^

2 hours ago, chingmai331 said:

That is not a problem, if... oh forget it, I found the accusation that they are all child rapists offensive.

You cannot blame an entire nation or county on some notion. Then again we have US. Sorry, maybe we can

Archived