Helmet brand recommendation

EricTh

Guy Martin is undoubtedly a genius. A lot of people find his mannerisms annoying, and he sometimes seem to think a lot of himself, I always thought he was like a young Fred Dibnah, probably because of the accents.

It is incredibly frustrating when he says "watter" instead of water, though.

7 hours ago, pr9spk said:

Maybe someone could lap the TT wearing a 499 baht Big C helmet? That would be real balls.

Seriously though, the guys that ride the TT must be born with a piece of their brain missing, how anyone can go around a bend at almost 200mph, and be 2-3 inches away from a wall with spectators sitting on it is beyond me.

TT riders are sponsored, they are highly skilled riders and some of the nicest motorcycle people I've met.

Sadly of two I knew died at IOM they like people to remember they died happily doing what they loved.

To say their born with a piece of their brain missing is insulting, you wouldn't be liked much, they do it for the love of the sport and the challenge they are fully aware of the risks.

I've followed MotoGP for years but that circuit track skill is totally different. 

For the daily commute I wear a 1200฿ open faced one, so I'm comfortable leaving it hanging on the mirror.

But every time I'm going to ride faster than 60Km/h I wear my full face HJC, EU approved bought here at fair price at 5200฿.

A 500฿ one is just a piece of plastic to avoid fines.

Have a Shark full-face for big bike riding, has 2 visors, main visor & sun visor. I like this set-up and it has ventilation on the jaw and top. Was about 13k baht as I recall.

Scooter: Top hat type helmet of doubtful quality, but it will take some of the impact if the shit hits the fan. 

I am having problems finding helmets in Thailand that fit my head, min XL sometimes 2XL, same with gloves, they are too bloody small. 

On 3/25/2019 at 12:07 AM, pr9spk said:

Seriously though, the guys that ride the TT must be born with a piece of their brain missing, how anyone can go around a bend at almost 200mph, and be 2-3 inches away from a wall with spectators sitting on it is beyond me.

But there is still a place in the world where it is a personal choice, to do so or not to do so.

5 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Today stumbled across a Shark X-Drak 8000 Baht looks OK and straddles the line between sublime and ridiculous.

casque-shark-x-drak-blanc.jpg 

Not bad, not bad !!

Anyway for the OP if you ain't got the cash i would suggest LS2 helmets, easy to find here and i think i bought mine like 3 or 4k a couple of years ago.

You can have a look here http://ls2thailand.com/Product_FullFace.html

On 3/25/2019 at 8:34 AM, canthai55 said:

Toughest race in the World

Those who ride there deserve Kudos from all of us.

At the TT Dave Jefferies was staying in the same Hotel as me he had broke his leg in practice, didn't race that year, I was gonna do circuit on mad Sunday, he hobbled out and set the suspension up for me on my Fireblade.

He said that will do ya if you don't come back don't blame me. ????

Archived