Pros and Cons of Getting Re-entry Permit in Airport and Immigration Office

Ref.

MULTIPLE Re-Entry Permit ;

Will Multiple Re-Entry Permit obtained ahead of getting Extension :

1_

become void when Extension of Stay is granted ?

OR

2_

continue to be valid during :

2_1_

1st Extension of Stay

& / or

2_2_

ALL continuing Extensions of Stay

Edited by Our Man in the Tropics

3 minutes ago, Our Man in the Tropics said:

Ref.

MULTIPLE Re-Entry Permit ;

Will Multiple Re-Entry Permit obtained ahead of getting Extension :

1_

become void when Extension of Stay is granted ?

OR

2_

continue to be valid during :

2_1_

1st Extension of Stay

& / or

2_2_

ALL Extensions of Stay

1. It will only be valid to the date the permit to stay it is issued for. If a 90 day entry from a non-o it would end on the same day it does.

The extension would give you a new permit to stay date so you would need a new re-entry permit that will only be valid to the date the extension ends.

2. to 2.2 No

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

1. It will only be valid to the date the permit to stay it is issued for. If a 90 day entry from a non-o it would end on the same day it does.

The extension would give you a new permit to stay date so you would need a new re-entry permit that will only be valid to the date the extension ends.

2. to 2.2 No

Thank u ubonjoe for definitive handle on particular part of crucial information to know in considering applying for Re-Entry Permits.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

2. to 2.2 No

Clear.  They will use the date the visa OR the extension is valid.

So, not very usefull to get an multi re-entry stamp except when person who have non-o (non-Gov volunteer) (or any else with 90 days max) is flying out more then three times in these 90 days period.

And there is a situation.. when application for extension of stay is given to the immigration and under consideration which is 30 days, also stamped that, then 30 days later you come back to the immigration to 'pick up' the extension stamp and the date is known, 60 days after the pickup date stamped in your passport.

What date will they use when you get the multi re-entry stamp in the ''consideration''  month.

I just did mine at Suvarnaphumbi on Saturday morning at about 7am. I was the only person there. I paid 1200 baht and they did everything for me. All I had to do was sign the form. The whole thing was less than 10 mins. 

I was actually running late for my flight (departure 7.45am). Had there been a few people already waiting (which there usually has been every time I've done it) I may well have missed my flight. 

If you're sure you can be at the airport with enough time, just do it at the airport. If you're not the most punctual person or can be quite disorganised, do it at CW to be sure. 

52 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I just did mine at Suvarnaphumbi on Saturday morning at about 7am. I was the only person there. I paid 1200 baht and they did everything for me. All I had to do was sign the form. The whole thing was less than 10 mins

So you didnt bring any forms or picture with you?  

I will do it myself in May, always used Immigration office before, but this way is easier . 

36 minutes ago, balo said:

So you didnt bring any forms or picture with you?  

I will do it myself in May, always used Immigration office before, but this way is easier . 

I brought a passport photo with me. They have the forms there. Last time I did it (at Christmas) I gave them my passport pic and I filled the form out myself. That cost 1000 baht. This time I showed them my passport pic but they said no need and charged me 1200. I didn’t mind paying the extra 200 baht as I was in a hurry. Had I not been in a rush I might have asked why I can’t use my own pic and do my own forms for 1000 baht. 

• Like 1

i just passed through the Fast Track lane (fomerly premium/priority) and once you are stamped out at the immigration desk, there is a large sign 're entry permit' with an arrow giving you the direction to go if you need one.  i don't remember seeing that before.  so it appears you don't need to ask anyone about getting it before you are stamped out, just follow the signs to the desk once you are stamped out.

the definite pro of the permit desk at the airport is you don't have to bring anything with you (forms, pictures, etc.).  no problem for me to pay the 200thb for processing.