Small dog to the UK, temporarily

Has anyone every tried taking their pet dog to the UK? I understand that going permanently probably involves the same procedures as going for a month or two, which is what we'd like to do.

We have a small breed (Yorkie) and plenty of time to prepare jabs and documents. We also have a close friend who's a vet here in Thailand, which would help a lot regarding vaccinations and documentation.

I have read that some small breeds are allowed in crates that fit under the seat, but we would be ok with the dog in cargo on the same flight as us. I also read that flying into Europe then taking a ferry to the UK is sometimes less cost and hassle.

Yes, we can leave him here with friends, but if the overall cost was reasonable, we would be very interested this time next year.

S__1523976 (2).jpg

There can be a 4 month quarantine if below steps are not followed exactly from quick read.  

Pet Import Requirements for the UK
Because the UK is considered a rabies-free country, the import requirements must be strictly followed to prevent quarantine upon arrival. The order in which these requirements must be completed is:

Microchip (implanted and scanned)
Rabies Vaccination and Certificate (must be at least 21 days old prior to travel)
Rabies Antibody Titer Test (if you’re coming from an “unlisted country”)
EU Health Certificate (Annex IV)
Tapeworm Treatment (for dogs only)
Endorsement of Paperwork

Archived