Bitcoin investment

jpinx

Is anyone prepared to give an idiots-guide to this "Bitcoin Investment" based on first-hand experience?  Is there software to go on my laptop/tablet and what's the user interface like? (easy/intuitive or not).  There's lots of promotions, but little hard facts available....  Thanks for any replies...

From what I understood, you want to possibly invest in Bitcoin, but are completely new to this, but have questions and look into this.

First of all, no, the interface and Crypto currency is not "easy" yet. You should have a bit of a basic understanding of accounts / software. If you find normal online banking or shopping online difficult stay away from Crypto currency...or even if buying / selling stocks online is difficult for you, dont get started with crypto...unless you have someone ( you trust ) help.

I would do a lot of reading online. Just google "how to invest in crypto currency", "What is crypto currency" etc and read several different articles and get different points of view....even google "Why shouldnt I invest in crypto"....get the opinions and thoughts of the other side.

Hope that helps

43 minutes ago, kekalot said:

make an account on localbitcoins

get a wallet on electrum.org

buy btc, transfer to your electrum wallet.

done.

Sounds like the only one being "done" would be me. ????

the user interface is actually very simple, but you need to research it, theres screeds of information on the internet, maybe if you dont know how to find it you are going to have a problem, you wont find much on this forum, this is just a place for opinionated people to post their opinions, not really a forum on how to use bitcoin

The localbitcoins.com suggestion is right, it takes minutes, you don't need to send them a bunch of identity documents, and you can pay with a Thai baht transfer. Just search for a seller in Thailand with lots of previous trades and 100% positive feedback and buy. The site escrows the bitcoin for you so you can't get scammed.

It's not that difficult. Go to bx.in.th (an exchange with a good reputation), open an account. Get through their verification requirements (pictures of your passport, pic of you holding the passport). 
Once you have the account approved, you can deposit money from your bank account and then buy bitcoins (or any other of their coins). 

Keeping money (Baht or coins) on any exchange website is not a good idea, so you should deposit your coins on a cold wallet, which basically looks like a USB drive but is only connected to the internet when you transfer the money. It's the most secure way to store your investments.

Archived