Retirement visa

22 minutes ago, KarlS said:

When extensions can be renewed 30 days prior to expiry(45 at some offices) I wonder why anyone would wish to delay renewing until the last minute. 

I am in other province...will be back short before..if it is possible..will be very nice, normally i apply 2 weeks before !

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mamasun said:

I am in other province...will be back short before..if it is possible..will be very nice, normally i apply 2 weeks before !

You can do it but any problem you have could put you past the the date your extension ends.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can do it but any problem you have could put you past the the date your extension ends.

I agree with you Ubonjoe !(think like you too), but if its money probleme 1 month will not help me, if it is some other kind of papers issues..can be done in one day !

I am still using the Ambassy letter like the past 10 years at the same office....

Thank you all ! have a nice day

PS : do we still need to season the money 3 months before with the Ambassy letter ? 

Edited by Mamasun

1 minute ago, Mamasun said:

PS : do we still to season the money 3 months before with the Ambassy letter ? 

If you have proof of 65k baht income from your embassy you do not need to show any funds in a Bank.

If using the money in the bank option or a combination of income and money in the bank it is 2 months for it to be in the bank now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have proof of 65k baht income from your embassy you do not need to show any funds in a Bank.

If using the money in the bank option or a combination of income and money in the bank it is 2 months for it to be in the bank now.

I use combination......is it nationwide new rules or some office still do the old way ? any related experiences ?

You can apply for an extension any time up to day before expiry. However they dont like it in Immigration. Two weeks is the latest they expect but if you have problems with funds being sent on time then take your chances. If there is a delay you are buggered. If you can show 65K funds going into your account every month for the previous 12 months prior to application then you are ok, or a combination. 800K in the bank 2 months befor "date" of application. Alway's better to hedge on the safe side and have it at least 2.5  tp 3 months before. Things happen, delays ( I have had it before). Don't work to their deadlines. If you want to apply sooner then you have to have the money in sooner.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mamasun said:

I use combination......is it nationwide new rules or some office still do the old way ? any related experiences ?

The new rules are for all offices. For the combination option you have to keep in the bank after you apply for the extension is not clear.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

You can apply for an extension any time up to day before expiry. However they dont like it in Immigration.

You can apply on the day it expires too.

11 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

Two weeks is the latest they expect but if you have problems with funds being sent on time then take your chances. 

It is sensible to apply early as you suggest, but there is no ‘two week expectation’ as far as I know.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2019 at 12:02 PM, ubonjoe said:

ubonjoe, if i renew my visa 30 days before its expiry... when does the next 12mths start from ?

original expiry date or the date new visa was obtained ???

because of this uncertainty. i think that is why many people leave the new application, until the last few days... 

i tried doing my last one at jomtien-one day before expiry... had hiccup with imm officer, so i went straight to lawyer-i had my new extension by 10am the next morning{last day}.

2 minutes ago, murraynz said:

ubonjoe, if i renew my visa 30 days before its expiry... when does the next 12mths start from ?

original expiry date or the date new visa was obtained ???

because of this uncertainty. i think that is why many people leave the new application, until the last few days... 

i tried doing my last one at jomtien-one day before expiry... had hiccup with imm officer, so i went straight to lawyer-i had my new extension by 10am the next morning{last day}.

All extensions always starts at the end of your current permission to stay, so you lose nothing by extending early.

Sophon

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, elviajero said:

You can apply on the day it expires too.

It is sensible to apply early as you suggest, but there is no ‘two week expectation’ as far as I know.

This was told to me by the senior officer in Changwattana last year when I changed from family to retirement. As we have both said you can apply as long as your visa is in force but they will tell you two weeks before is expected.

On 3/24/2019 at 10:50 PM, KarlS said:

When extensions can be renewed 30 days prior to expiry(45 at some offices) I wonder why anyone would wish to delay renewing until the last minute. 

Because it means your money has to season for longer. Money in the bank is based on when you apply, not when your current extension is up. I experienced that on my last application. I had the money in the bank 3 months and 8 days before expiry of extension and applied 2 weeks before expiry. I was told to come back the next week. Despite having a bank printout of all my transactions for the year previous and never having less than 150,000 in the bank.

On 3/24/2019 at 10:50 PM, KarlS said:

They tend to re-do the 90 day report (maybe some offices do and some don't- mine DOES) when the extension is issued. It can throw things out of sync. I have been massaging my 90 days a bit as I have commitments a couple of weeks before which means I will not be near my local Immigration office (The reason I do not to 90 days online is similar- a lack of flexibility).

It suits some people to renew early, it doesn't suit others. This year I will do it a couple of days early with current uncertainty over the process (but will not start 20 new threads on it ????).

• Like 1

On 3/25/2019 at 11:54 AM, ubonjoe said:

It seems that they don't have correct it on the webside !!!

https://immigration.go.th/content/service_22

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update : I went this morning to my immigration office In Nakhon Si Thammarat (for my 90 days )....and they have told me , That the money need to be : 3 months before and 3 months after on my account

when I said that Bangkok write : 2 months  ! they answer me that it is only for new application !