Blue Vs Green Plastic Pipe

mogandave

I ran all my hot water pipes to and from my multi-point water heaters in the green stuff. It has a smaller inside diameter or thicker walls.

If you get that green stuff (forget the technical term), make sure you get some joints and practice joining it so you know what your plumber should be doing. You don't just push the joints together (well, not the stuff I used).

Believe me it's a bummer to get in the built kitchen cupboards, knock through the cavity wall and fix the joint leaks.

Maybe a tip: when you finish connecting all the water pipes, before everything is closed up, turn your house pump on and see if the pump repeatedly starts for a small time then stops. You probably have leaks.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

How is it joined together if not glued?
Mine were push in joints. (This is going from my memory which is not too good). You have to use the cutting tool to chamfer the pipe end then push it into the joint. If you pull the joint apart again, get a new joint, don't use an old joint.

The trouble with plumbing is you have to keep a good eye on what is happening, when there are usually a million other things happening with a build.
I had a guy who had worked as an engineer in a large Pattaya hotel for 20 odd years, knew all about plumbing. Hotel must have been full of leaks.

The trouble with plumbing is you have to keep a good eye on what is happening, when there are usually a million other things happening with a build.
I had a guy who had worked as an engineer in a large Pattaya hotel for 20 odd years, knew all about plumbing. Hotel must have been full of leaks.

These did not look like push-in joints...

The green pipes I used is welded together with a special heated tool. Plastic is melted and then quickly pushed together before cold. A lot safer than glued blue pipes. There are 2 different kinds of green pipes, one for cold and one for hot water. There is a white stripe on one, think it was the hot water.

These are the fittings I used. Can't remember why.
They have a brand 'SLYM' written on them.
I don't know if they are better or worse than the other brands. Seem to make a good tight joint, when done correctly.

They are a pain to get to pieces when you're a big fat old Farang working in a tiny Thai cupboard.

The top pic shows the pipes pushed into the connector.20190325_080852.jpeg20190325_081151.jpeg

Looking more at the bottom picture reminds me of another life when a staff member bought my attention to a close up of a quivering quim, ingrown hairs and all, on the server. Think she was sharing the pic with her boyfriend.
The boss knew about it, so I said I would make it go away so the youngster didn't get the sack etc. There were backup copied and even with my admin privilages I couldn't make it go away.
I contacted my mate in the big smoke and secretly we erased it.

19 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

Green is for drainage, blue is for water, hot and cold.

Not in Thailand ......green PP-R is for hot water, blue is general purpose cold water.

6 hours ago, Pogust said:

The green pipes I used is welded together with a special heated tool. Plastic is melted and then quickly pushed together before cold. A lot safer than glued blue pipes. There are 2 different kinds of green pipes, one for cold and one for hot water. There is a white stripe on one, think it was the hot water.

Actually there are 3 kinds, the 3rd is a durable  version IMG_7080.thumb.PNG.4d95331bb5f6e1f66df5e18109f6f5f3.PNG

Where did you find that one, as I haven't seen it in any of the usual suppliers and want that type for my air compressor supply pipe.
Not sure. Went to so many distant places while building the house. Let me kick start my memory.
Got pipe and connectors left over (not sure how much), can post to you for the cost of postage if you can't find any, or pick up for free if you live near Kuchinari.
Memory seems to point to Home Shop here in Kuchinari.
Memory seems to think I have a few pipes and a box of connectors left over from change of plans.
Anyway, if you can't get them let me know what you need and I'll see if I can help you out.

• 2 weeks later...

PPR pipe comes in all manner of size and pressure strength. I've been very happy with PPR water pipe in Buriram. In fact in I installed it for garden water taps with ANA brass fittings. Both have served me well for many years. I had some stainless steel garden hose holders fabricated in Buriram and that has proven a better value than plastic garden holders. 

Buriram garden Hose wall holder PPRPipe.jpg

Buriram PPR Green Water Pipe Ana brass valve tap.jpg

Buriram PPR Green garden Pipe ANA valve.jpg

Buriram ANA brass Valves plumbing Thailand.jpg

I found the buggeration factor with ppr a nuisance, add to that, the inavailability of that one fitting that has you scouring the city and their incompatibilty with pvc.

But my real problem, is i have a leak after 4yrs on i think a joint behind wall tiles under the floor screed under the concrete floor behind brickwork in my bathroom.

Problem solved with a bucket on the kitchen worktp and hole in ceiling.....no other solution.

At the time I really wanted to use the one piece flexipipe with push fit fittings. Eliminates most of the fittings but i took the cheap charlie route.

Archived