Need suggestions for a water filter

Gweiloman

Hi all. I’m planning to fit a water filter in between the mains and the holding tank. Does anyone have any suggestions as to brand/type/where to buy? Main purpose is to reduce sediment and to clean up the water a bit. I have a filter for my normal drinking and cooking water.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not trying to put you off, but the first step should be to get a sample of your water analysed, then you'll know exactly what filters you need.
You may just need a 'Big Blue' filter for sediment, or like me you may need other filters as well.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Not trying to put you off, but the first step should be to get a sample of your water analysed, then you'll know exactly what filters you need.
You may just need a 'Big Blue' filter for sediment, or like me you may need other filters as well.

This ^^^
And they can make recommendations based on your price range as well.

I would use a sand filter for what you describe but it needs to be plumbed to reverse flow for cleaning.

Where can you get the sample checked?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

In Buriram Rajabhat University can provide a very comprehensive water test for about 1500 baht. I have seen the test results but did not personally pay for that test. Ruangsangthai Home Builders Merchants in Buriram charges 300 baht for a water test with results in Thai and English. Ruben at H2o water filter company located near London Steak #2 near the Buriram Big C also provides water tests for a modest fee. If you obtain a permit for a well in Buriram a water test is provided as part of the fee for the well permit. I'll go on a limb and say that Universities in other provinces in Thailand can perform water tests for a similar 1500 baht fee. 

Buriram WestAir Air Compressor welcomes H2O water Filter.jpg

David B in Thailand said: 'I'll go on a limb and say that Universities in other provinces in Thailand can perform water tests for a similar 1500 baht fee.'

Sorry, limb broken [emoji3] Khong Kaen medical university wanted B 6000 for a complete water test. Need to bring 6 large 1.5 L bottles full of your test water.
I was suffering from shock, but I should have got more details. Maybe the complete test went down to nanopartical analysis. I can't see the local farmer paying that for a test. Maybe all the test I need would be a lot cheaper like B 1500 as you say.

have a look on https://duan-daw.com/category/19/กระบอกกรองน้ำ-housing-2?tskp=2

A sand filter will clear up your water. then into a sediment filter of 10, 5, 1 micron, your pump will be between the tank and the filters.

where does this water come from, Klong, rain or bore? how much do you use? 

does it have a smell?

generally the water producers near me all have the same set up, sand, carbon, magnesium sand, resin  sediment cartridge,  then RO.

Shaemus

Archived