Patong Police to create LINE group with rental shops to monitor tourist bike riders

webfact

Patong Police to create LINE group with rental shops to monitor tourist bike riders

By Waranya Prompinpiras]

1553316666_1.jpg

Patong Police urges locals to report any disruptive behaviour on local roads. Photo: Patong Police

PHUKET: Having set up a LINE group to collect information about disruptive behaviour on the roads from local residents, Patong Police are now planning to create a similar group specifically for vehicle rental operators.

Speaking to The Phuket News yesterday (Mar 22) Patong Police Chief Col Anotai Jindamanee revealed his further plans to improve communication with local community via LINE and promote road safety.

“Following a meeting at Patong Police Station on March 7, local residents created a LINE group to share with us information about disruptive behaviour on the roads, namely tourists riding motorbikes fast and making loud noises. There are police officers in the group to receive complaints from local residents and give them advice about taking photos or videos of violations. There are not many complaints in the group right now and we keep educating the participants about what photos and videos can or cannot be used as evidence,” Col Anotai said.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-police-to-create-line-group-with-rental-shops-to-monitor-tourist-bike-riders-70818.php#wghbWhArRfSYGDSK.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-03-25

Pesky tourists!

Slightly off-topic but are there more and more loud bikes and scooters on the roads than there used to be or is it that I'm becoming less tolerant as I get older (or both!)?

Every couple of minutes some kid with a modified exhaust seems to speed past.

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

Pesky tourists!

Slightly off-topic but are there more and more loud bikes and scooters on the roads than there used to be or is it that I'm becoming less tolerant as I get older (or both!)?

Not sure, however I went out for a drink the other night, went home early as the music was too loud.

3 hours ago, madmitch said:

Pesky tourists!

These are locals. Rental bikes do not have modified exhaust. This is a misguided idea (another one). 

4 hours ago, madmitch said:

Pesky tourists!

Lol... you may be becoming less tolerant, but yes, there is a greater percentage of larger or noisier bikes now, than ten years ago, when the humble scooter was putting around.... for example... mine ????

18 hours ago, madmitch said:

Pesky tourists!

Many more throughout Thailand, but probably both ????

Archived