Jump to content
BANGKOK 20 April 2019 14:10
webfact

Brit nearly loses leg after being hit by flaming COCONUT in Thai bar during freak firework accident

Recommended Posts

HONEYMOON HORROR 

Newlywed nearly loses leg after being hit by flaming COCONUT in Thai bar during freak firework accident

Natalie Fitzpatrick, 42, was with her new husband Paul, 41, and four-year-old daughter when a firework careered into the crowd and hit a coconut drinks display

By Holly Christodoulou

 

screenshot_8900.jpg

Natalie Fitzpatrick feared she would lose her leg after being hit by a flaming coconut

SWNS:SOUTH WEST NEWS SERVICE

 

A NEWLYWED nearly lost her leg on a dream Thailand honeymoon after being hit by a flaming COCONUT.

 

Natalie Fitzpatrick, 42, was watching a firework display with new husband Paul, 41, on a beach in Phuket when one careered into the crowd.

 

The firework hit a coconut drinks display - setting one alight - which smashed into Natalie's leg - breaking her tibia and fibula and setting her dress on fire.

 

She was rushed to the nearest hospital where she had to undergo a series of operations, blood transfusions and skin grafts before a metal bar was inserted into her calf.

 

Natalie, from Torquay, Devon, said: "What was supposed to be the happiest time of our lives ended up turning into the most horrific.

 

Full story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8708553/newlywed-nearly-loses-leg-hit-coconut-thai-accident/

 

-- The SUN 2019-03-25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is old news ..

The incident happened 6yrs ago on a beach in Kata (Phuket)!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thai bars are apparently more dangerous than I realised. I suppose tedium was briefly relieved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ches9266 said:

This is old news ..

She "almost" lost her leg but did not.

The incident happened 6yrs ago on a beach in Kata (Phuket)!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This is old news ..
The incident happened 6yrs ago on a beach in Kata (Phuket)!


Thats strange.

Are these things just computer generated click bait then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShortTimed said:

 


Thats strange.

Are these things just computer generated click bait then?

 

 

No, it is just an article about something that happened a long time ago.  If you had of read it you would have seen that.

 

"Six years later, the mum still gets the "odd pain" and has to wear a stocking to stop the swelling after losing half the lymph nodes in her leg."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  No, it is just an article about something that happened a long time ago.  If you had of read it you would have seen that.  

"Six years later, the mum still gets the "odd pain" and has to wear a stocking to stop the swelling after losing half the lymph nodes in her leg."

 

 

 My question, had you read it, is why is this old news event being circulated now?

 

Lol...its too early for a lecture. Please.

 

I did read about the loss of lymph nodes. This was a serious injury and not exaggerated reporting as an earlier poster suggested.

 

EDIT:

Is WebFact a real person or a computer generated search engine?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must dig up some seven year old stories and send them to The Sun. I might make a pound or two!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, webfact said:

during freak firework accident

NOTHING freak about it.

Thai youths love to throw those things into the crowd, which is why I stopped going to such events.

Years ago in Pattaya I was hit in the leg by a rocket fired into the crowd, and had my pants burnt. Lucky it wasn't my eye.

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 years on and perhaps they are hoping for a Go Fund me donation??????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Thai bars are apparently more dangerous than I realised. I suppose tedium was briefly relieved.

Sure, dangerous and tedious. Same boring song every night sang at  crowd volume, even if there are only two addicts in the audience

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...