Brit nearly loses leg after being hit by flaming COCONUT in Thai bar during freak firework accident

webfact

HONEYMOON HORROR 

Newlywed nearly loses leg after being hit by flaming COCONUT in Thai bar during freak firework accident

Natalie Fitzpatrick, 42, was with her new husband Paul, 41, and four-year-old daughter when a firework careered into the crowd and hit a coconut drinks display

By Holly Christodoulou

screenshot_8900.jpg

Natalie Fitzpatrick feared she would lose her leg after being hit by a flaming coconut

SWNS:SOUTH WEST NEWS SERVICE

A NEWLYWED nearly lost her leg on a dream Thailand honeymoon after being hit by a flaming COCONUT.

Natalie Fitzpatrick, 42, was watching a firework display with new husband Paul, 41, on a beach in Phuket when one careered into the crowd.

The firework hit a coconut drinks display - setting one alight - which smashed into Natalie's leg - breaking her tibia and fibula and setting her dress on fire.

She was rushed to the nearest hospital where she had to undergo a series of operations, blood transfusions and skin grafts before a metal bar was inserted into her calf.

Natalie, from Torquay, Devon, said: "What was supposed to be the happiest time of our lives ended up turning into the most horrific.

Full story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8708553/newlywed-nearly-loses-leg-hit-coconut-thai-accident/

-- The SUN 2019-03-25

1 hour ago, ShortTimed said:

Thats strange.

Are these things just computer generated click bait then?

No, it is just an article about something that happened a long time ago.  If you had of read it you would have seen that.

"Six years later, the mum still gets the "odd pain" and has to wear a stocking to stop the swelling after losing half the lymph nodes in her leg."

No, it is just an article about something that happened a long time ago.  If you had of read it you would have seen that.  

"Six years later, the mum still gets the "odd pain" and has to wear a stocking to stop the swelling after losing half the lymph nodes in her leg."

My question, had you read it, is why is this old news event being circulated now?

Lol...its too early for a lecture. Please.

I did read about the loss of lymph nodes. This was a serious injury and not exaggerated reporting as an earlier poster suggested.

EDIT:

Is WebFact a real person or a computer generated search engine?

I am ashamed of myself. I started to chuckle when I read the headline so naturally I had to satisfy my morbid curiosity and clicked on the link. I feel I have been sufficiently punished by having wasted as much time on it as I did.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

during freak firework accident

NOTHING freak about it.

Thai youths love to throw those things into the crowd, which is why I stopped going to such events.

Years ago in Pattaya I was hit in the leg by a rocket fired into the crowd, and had my pants burnt. Lucky it wasn't my eye.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Thai bars are apparently more dangerous than I realised. I suppose tedium was briefly relieved.

Sure, dangerous and tedious. Same boring song every night sang at  crowd volume, even if there are only two addicts in the audience

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

The Sun could cause a lot of panic  and confusion , if they suddenly report that The Japanese Imperial Army have invaded Thailand and are forcing young British men to build a railway to Burma 

I notice that typically you don't mention the many more Thais and Burmese who lost their lives, or even Anzac troops

"Thankfully, Orla was born safely in March 2014 and Natalie was finally able to get the bars and cage removed from her leg" ..........so the removal of the bars from her leg was contingent upon the birth of her daughter?

Also her daughter was born in March 2014 but the party was for the 2012/13 New Year meaning that she was impregnated after her honeymoon and when her leg was in plaster. So, she was unable to work or drive but seemingly she was quite able to do 'other stuff'................just sayin'. 

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Natalie Fitzpatrick, 42, was watching a firework display with new husband Paul, 41,

The photo just says it all - Paul looks like he was just sentenced to 40 years in jail and Natalie is ecstatic... Ahhh the wonderful world of marriage between 2 people. 

Am just a cynical old fart I know

Archived