Mueller report finds no evidence that Trump campaign colluded with Russia - U.S. Justice Department

webfact

Well, I am not going to argue if it was politically motivated -- pretty much everything in Washington is political at its core.   The Mueller investigation cost about $25 Million.   The confiscated property was just under $50 Million.   

Fortunately Starbucks is nearby and has wi-fi.

$50 million in confiscated property.

But isn’t it practice for these properties to be sold at auction for a much lesser amount than reported value?

I guess this still ties in to the original topic of the Mueller investigation?

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mueller has spent roughly $6.5 million to $10 million in total costs in each period. Therefore, it would stand to reason the cost of the probe might come to between $31 million and $35 million.

However, others have argued that the Mueller probe cost nothing at all (or practically nothing) because it seized assets worth about $20 million to $40 million. 

https://www.newsweek.com/how-much-robert-mueller-investigation-cost-report-1372575

There were possibly hundreds of totally innocent people and companies caught up in this investigation. I am sure many, possibly hundreds, are now left in serious debt, totally broke, or out of business, and reputations destroyed. Whats the monetary value on that?

Mueller has spent roughly $6.5 million to $10 million in total costs in each period. Therefore, it would stand to reason the cost of the probe might come to between $31 million and $35 million.

However, others have argued that the Mueller probe cost nothing at all (or practically nothing) because it seized assets worth about $20 million to $40 million. 

https://www.newsweek.com/how-much-robert-mueller-investigation-cost-report-1372575

There were possibly hundreds of totally innocent people and companies caught up in this investigation. I am sure many, possibly hundreds, are now left in serious debt, totally broke, or out of business, and reputations destroyed. Whats the monetary value on that?

The news outlets reporting on this fiasco all these months have that much expensed out to make-up and haircare products alone.

23 minutes ago, dcutman said:

The monetary loss would likely be in the trillions of dollars. Disregard the direct costs, the teams of lawyers and investigators and private jets to ferry them around. The hoax led to massive political uncertainty which will have tainted American credibility, stock performances, trade, business and consumer confidence. You just can't put a exact financial figure on the loss, but it will be astronomical.

But never mind how much money the hoax cost. Just for one example of how utterly devastating it has been. Just a few weeks ago Trump gave a massive effort to broker a peace deal in Korea. The doomsday clock is at a second to midnight ie we are on the verge of armaggedon and Trump was over there doing his very best to find a solution. Kim also made an effort and traveled down to Vietnam to meet Trump. And what happens? Yes, instead of having Trump's back all media went into overdrive banging on about some lying lawyer Cohen and his fantasies which of course totally undermined Trumps efforts and ultimately helped the summit fail. I'd liken this to trying to drive a 10 hour journey - did the 3 screaming kids in the back seat help your driving much? This is a matter of saving all life on earth, and they played politics with the hoax to bash Trump. You just couldn't start to fathom the damage this witch hunt has caused.

I expect today the MSM outlets that propagated the hate and hoax to offer unreserved apologies and to welcome whatever punishment is meted out for their terrible behavior. Now is the time to heal the divisions, not further stoke the hatred. 

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

Who are the people that began and circulated those rumors ?

They should be prosecuted for defamation

It is more than just defamation. We now know that the phony dossier was cooked up by British Intelligence in collusion with Ukrainian Government officials. The very thing Trump was unsuccessfully investigated for (foreign collusion) his political enemies were in fact engaged in, and those people need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Trump needs to make clear that the either the UK, Ukrainian, and Australian Governments atone and fully cooperate with those efforts or they will be considered to have committed an act of war against our nation and treated accordingly.  

3 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

The monetary loss would likely be in the trillions of dollars. Disregard the direct costs, the teams of lawyers and investigators and private jets to ferry them around. The hoax led to massive political uncertainty which will have tainted American credibility, stock performances, trade, business and consumer confidence. You just can't put a exact financial figure on the loss, but it will be astronomical.

But never mind how much money the hoax cost. Just for one example of how utterly devastating it has been. Just a few weeks ago Trump gave a massive effort to broker a peace deal in Korea. The doomsday clock is at a second to midnight ie we are on the verge of armaggedon and Trump was over there doing his very best to find a solution. Kim also made an effort and traveled down to Vietnam to meet Trump. And what happens? Yes, instead of having Trump's back all media went into overdrive banging on about some lying lawyer Cohen and his fantasies which of course totally undermined Trumps efforts and ultimately helped the summit fail. I'd liken this to trying to drive a 10 hour journey - did the 3 screaming kids in the back seat help your driving much? This is a matter of saving all life on earth, and they played politics with the hoax to bash Trump. You just couldn't start to fathom the damage this witch hunt has caused.

I expect today the MSM outlets that propagated the hate and hoax to offer unreserved apologies and to welcome whatever punishment is meted out for their terrible behavior. Now is the time to heal the divisions, not further stoke the hatred. 

Well after this news the MSM and the Dems will be going full stop on Trump attacks up until the election.

Then we can start this Russia! Russia! Russia! cycle over again when he is reelected.

Now you are someone who sees the Big Picture.

Excellent post.

1 hour ago, Credo said:

Well, I am not going to argue if it was politically motivated -- pretty much everything in Washington is political at its core.   The Mueller investigation cost about $25 Million.   The confiscated property was just under $50 Million.   

But, the reason for the investigation, the very core of it all, fell flat. That you have to admit. Why the investigation was started in the first place might be a better investigation. 

30 minutes ago, usviphotography said:

It is more than just defamation. We now know that the phony dossier was cooked up by British Intelligence in collusion with Ukrainian Government officials. The very thing Trump was unsuccessfully investigated for (foreign collusion) his political enemies were in fact engaged in, and those people need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Trump needs to make clear that the either the UK, Ukrainian, and Australian Governments atone and fully cooperate with those efforts or they will be considered to have committed an act of war against our nation and treated accordingly.  

Get Trump to invade the UK  , 17 Million Brits will be waiting with open arms .

Direct quote from Mueller.

"(T)he investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/mueller-report-conclusions-trump-congress-attorney-general-william-barr-n986611

The Dem leadership and MSM have been screaming Russia! Russia! Russia! for the last two years, they are so stupid they have been feeding (the troll) Putins ego the entire time and they dont even realize it. And then you have the people (constituents) that believed them.

1 hour ago, doggie1955 said:

Spoken like a true liberal... So how are things in the UK & Australia?

Because here in America, we are doing great any time Trump can make so many liberals cry in the world at the same time.

TRMP54557-NAVY-HPOST.jpg

Yep I vote Liberal in Oz - any idea what that means by way of political association?

We will see how 'great' the US is doing by the time of the next elections in 2020. I reckon trump tax cuts for the 1% (supporting the workers - LOL) are going to prove even more of a long term disaster than they are right now. Let alone trump's inability to articulate a coherent constructive path for strategic goals.

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

Triggered by trump's own behaviour and actions. Trump only has himself to blame, plus of course his behaviour throughout the investigation. trump is a disrupter of the Rule of Law at the domestic and international levels,

As an Australian & UK citizen very much looking forward to him being removed from the Presidency in 2020 for the pain he is inflicting on both the Allies and US citizens.

Well, you'll continue to be in pain since he will be POTUS for six more years. 

4 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Yep I vote Liberal in Oz - any idea what that means by way of political association?

We will see how 'great' the US is doing by the time of the next elections in 2020. I reckon trump tax cuts for the 1% (supporting the workers - LOL) are going to prove even more of a long term disaster than they are right now. Let alone trump's inability to articulate a coherent constructive path for strategic goals.

Do you mean like the disaster that is happening in the UK & Australia right now?

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

All the US intelligence agencies identified Russian interference in the 2016 election. No false rumours, but investigation into the ramifications and whether there was in fact collusion by trump campaign officials or those associated with trump during their interactions with Russians. One of the outcomes being some have been convicted for lying to the FBI.  As I posted elsewhere trump family members were extremely fortunate that during their meeting  with a Russian to try and obtain 'dirt' nothing eventuated. For trump to claim he and his associates are not tainted by their actions is absolute nonsense.

LOL.

None, repeat none of the convictions were for "collusion". Most of the people ( interesting that they are not identified ) indicted are Russians that will never see the inside of an American court, so it's not even proven they did anything illegal.

Why are the Trump family members "extremely fortunate"? If Mueller couldn't find anything on them in 2 years of trying, there is nothing they can be indicted for.

Roll on 2020 election; the Dems just lost their biggest hope to take him down.

Now that the useless ( Sessions ) AG has been replaced, it's unlikely any more witch hunts will be started. Someone mentioned that Rosenstein will be leaving. Don't know if that's true, but hopefully it is.

Doesn't mean anything to claim Trump is tainted- the opposition will never believe he is OK, but his base will be feeling very, very happy now.

Of course the "resistance" will never accept the findings, so I expect we'll be hearing lots of claims of "but it's a conspiracy, but it's not gone far enough, but he has to be guilty of something".

Two years and millions of dollars for a handful of indictments. What a waste of time and money. 

So how much was the cost for Clinton's BJ?

Sent from my SM-J250F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

31 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

But, the reason for the investigation, the very core of it all, fell flat. That you have to admit. Why the investigation was started in the first place might be a better investigation. 

Trump haters will never accept the result. Their entire being is invested in Trump being guilty. Now they have lost the Mueller hope, they'll find something else to fixate on.

7 minutes ago, doggie1955 said:

Do you mean like the disaster that is happening in the UK & Australia right now?

Agree Brexit - the referendum should never have happened in the format presented e.g. should have been a minimum of 70% votes either way 

What disaster in Australia?

1 minute ago, ShortTimed said:

But isn’t this topic about how Trump came out smelling like a rose in a politically focused 2-year investigation and nothing to do with anything you mentioned?

Trump haters get special treatment. off topic posts, yeh whatever.

Trump colluding with Russia is not a easy topic to respond to now.

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

Triggered by trump's own behaviour and actions. Trump only has himself to blame, plus of course his behaviour throughout the investigation. trump is a disrupter of the Rule of Law at the domestic and international levels,

As an Australian & UK citizen very much looking forward to him being removed from the Presidency in 2020 for the pain he is inflicting on both the Allies and US citizens.

Don't cry when he easily wins re-election (which is very likely as of today).

1 minute ago, Ahab said:

Don't cry when he easily wins re-election (which is very likely as of today).

Well I would be horrified as presumably the majority of voters from the 2016 election, but cry? No

3 hours ago, Tug said:

I would like to see the full report and this I know if the fbi thought you or I did something ontoward with the Russian federation they would look but you can bet before they call Donald a traitor they will look a hell of a lot harder he is the pres.im thinking it dident reach that threshold so let’s see the full report not just Donald’s hand picked guys brief 

The full report can never be released due to legal restrictions on grand jury testimony being publicly released. The Attorney General of the USA has pledged to release as much of the report as legally permissible. 

Archived