Uri Geller urges mass-telepathy against Brexit

webfact

Uri Geller urges mass-telepathy against Brexit

2019-03-24T170425Z_1_LYNXNPEF2N0NR_RTROPTP_4_BRITAIN-EU-URI-GELLER.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Uri Geller poses for a photograph in Jaffa, next to Tel Aviv, Israel January 23, 2017. Picture taken January 23, 2017. REUTERS/Baz Ratner/File Photo

TEL AVIV (Reuters) - Spoon-bending psychic Uri Geller wants to bend British Prime Minister Theresa May's will against Brexit using mass-telepathy.

From his home in Israel, Geller - who is also a British citizen and a former resident of May's Maidenhead constituency - wrote an open letter to the prime minister urging her to block Britain's exit from the European Union.

Now he wants Britons to join him in twice-daily bursts of telepathy directed at the Conservative leader, in the hope of inspiring her to call a second Brexit referendum.

"Maybe I'm a bit too late but at least I'm trying my best to use my paranormal abilities, because I'm very concerned that Theresa May will step out of EU," Geller told Reuters.

"That would be tragic. It would be catastrophic, especially for young people. There'll be economic chaos. I'm calling it a catastrophe and I feel it ... call it extra-sensory perception."

Geller came to prominence in Britain with a series of appearances on prime time television when he pulled off stunts such as bending spoons, claiming the only force he used was the power of the mind.

(Writing by Dan Williams; Editing by Kirsten Donovan)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-03-25

I thought the satirical site News Thump had the best response to this story - Theresa May has confided in close colleagues that she is considering revoking Article 50 to stop Brexit after reaching the end of her tether due to all of her spoons bending.

https://newsthump.com/2019/03/24/theresa-may-on-verge-of-cancelling-brexit-after-all-of-her-spoons-bend/

38 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I'm sure this must be more correct: Truth-bending psychotic Uri Geller

Hey, the man made millions from entertaining people, he's a showman, didn't steal or cheat anyone, and yet you take his comment seriously enough to insults the the man...

Another 'luvvy' telling the people they didn't know what they were doing. I know what he can do with his bendy spoons and it would require a surgical procedure.

Really does anyone give a hoots about this has been. He has his two minutes of fame. It is getting desperate when the elite have to rioll out this guy to make people change their minds.

What next nookie the beer or Orville. I am surprised there hasn't been a Sooty and Sweep Brexit Sketch. Please!

22 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Hey, the man made millions from entertaining people, he's a showman, didn't steal or cheat anyone, and yet you take his comment seriously enough to insults the the man...

Entertaining?

He's claiming to use telepathy when it's just sleight of hand! Why wouldn't I insult someone not telling the truth?

If it was a magician saying something like this, then you'd be aware of an entertaining trick.

17 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Another 'luvvy' telling the people they didn't know what they were doing. I know what he can do with his bendy spoons and it would require a surgical procedure.

Really does anyone give a hoots about this has been. He has his two minutes of fame. It is getting desperate when the elite have to rioll out this guy to make people change their minds.

What next nookie the beer or Orville. I am surprised there hasn't been a Sooty and Sweep Brexit Sketch. Please!

Wow, you are so obsessed with this, you even take someone talking about telepathy deadly serious. 

Just now, welovesundaysatspace said:

Wow, you are so obsessed with this, you even take someone talking about telepathy deadly serious. 

Obsessed no. Annoyed at luvvies like this idiot yes. It is because some posters on here would actually believe this clown and start to make their argument that Brexit was a a bad idea. You wouldn't know which posters that would be by any chance?????

25 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Even ignoring which side of the fence anyone's on politically with Brexit, you can't but laugh at this.

Perhaps Uri Geller's going to use his telepathic telepathy to 'bend' Brexit into a U-turn and become 'Remain'.

8 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Obsessed no. Annoyed at luvvies like this idiot yes. It is because some posters on here would actually believe this clown and start to make their argument that Brexit was a a bad idea. You wouldn't know which posters that would be by any chance?????

You really need to get a rest. Maybe bend some spoonies. 

35 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Ha ha! This is getting out of hand now!

Punch & Judy Brexit: Mrs May's run off with the sausages! Call the police Mr Punch!

42 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

“What's that, Sooty?”

(Sooty explains)

“Sweep says he voted leave?

(Sooty nods)

“Why did he do that?”

(Sooty whispers)

“Because he likes leaves?!?!? ……Oooooh,. Say bye-bye, everybody, bye-bye”

23 minutes ago, ravip said:

Spoon-bending...something similar to amulets?

Whoa! He'd do well here with the gullible who believe in that stuff.

He needs some way to market his sleight of hand with the spoon-bending - perhaps linking it to religion. He'd have a cult following within an hour.

About twenty-five years ago I went to a large house in Bangkok to see a 'monk' who was exercising exorcising evil spirits out of the gullible possessed.

At one point the 'monk' appeared to put his hand in the mouth of one of the terminally stupid, and produced an egg. He cracked the egg and a small bird flew out and around the room.

One down, there were plenty more to go.

I really, really, wanted to applaud to show my appreciation of the trick. Girlfriend at the time stopped me. Everyone else was impressed and believed the whole 'show' was genuine. <sigh>

32 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

if a con artist is against brexit,

it just might be that the brexiteers have a point.

then again, the most likely case is he is just craving attention, no matter how daft

Brexit con artists have done a lot more than just bend spoons......... truth appears to be their speciality

1 hour ago, wilcopops said:

Brexit con artists have done a lot more than just bend spoons......... truth appears to be their speciality

what like the millions going to the NHS? Bending the truth was definitely their speciality, actually surprised Uri is against them.

Always loved it when James Randi exposed his bs

Archived