Russia probe findings offer re-election weapon for Trump

webfact

20 hours ago, zydeco said:

Essentially, I think Trump can respond to the report one of two ways.

First, he could maintain a sense of dignified but discreet outrage at having been unjustly accused. He could calmly explain his motivations and how they were misread and abused  in a series of warm and friendly chats on television, and then explain how it was best to get on with the business of the country and its challenges abroad from China and Russia. This scenario would likely play into his reelection, perhaps being a deciding factor.

Or, two, he could do a Mark Gastineau style sack dance, shove it in everybody's face, sound-off like a one-man band in a subway station and gloat. This reaction would probably further estrange suburban Republican women from him and assure a 2020 defeat.

Anybody want to bet on which one of these he will do?

I certainly hope it's the latter. For a start, he'd have to be the best actor in the world to come across as a dignified man with fireside chats, and the latter will be just so entertaining. I'll go for entertaining every time.

If anyone deserves to gloat it's him. He and his family have been so trashed by the opposition that he's entitled to a bit of revenge.

I very much doubt that anyone, let alone GOP women haven't already made up their mind.

On 3/25/2019 at 8:43 AM, ThreeEyedRaven said:

I can only pray that come the next election day that American voters do not make the same mistake again. Large chunks of the world view Donald Trump as an absolute disaster for the country and the planet. Never before has a president of the United States been so nasty, vitriolic, untruthful and unhinged. Giving him another four years would have to amount to gross stupidity.

Who gives a flying fark what the rest of the world thinks?  The despotic EU is in a cultural death spiral with an economy teetering on tanking and Britain is not far off.  The rest of the world is pissed off because the USA is no longer willing to pick up the bills for NATO, Foreign Aid, Mass immigration, etc.  And China is not happy because someone is actually standing up to a myriad of unfair trade practices.  Everyone loves the guy who sits at the table and picks up the dinner tab.

19 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:
19 hours ago, atyclb said:

should inspire the dems to do some absolute soul searching into the quality and salability of their presidential candidate(s). how could their candidate have been so bad as to lose against such a vile candidate.

Russian interference.

what happened to russian collusion?

Archived