Results update: Pheu Thai wins most MP seats

webfact

2 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Anyone running a book on the next coup yet? ????

If PTP, FFP and the Dems were to band together, that would be 276.  That is enough to end military rule to some small extent.  It would bruise some tender egos.  So yes, another coup based on Hi-So / military culture, or bad manners, is quite possible.      

2 hours ago, yellowboat said:

If PTP, FFP and the Dems were to band together, that would be 276.  That is enough to end military rule to some small extent.  It would bruise some tender egos.  So yes, another coup based on Hi-So / military culture, or bad manners, is quite possible.      

Maybe edit to 376 or your maths are wrong

so even though:

not allowed to talk

not allowed to meet

disband their partners who had a royal

take down the TV station

malign

lock-up

Thais still want PTP and their allies - substantially over 50% of pop vote and seats

7 hours ago, robblok said:

Will be a huge bit of horse trading going on soon.

Will be a huge bit of horse Submarine and Tank trading going on soon.

10 hours ago, robblok said:

Can anyone explain me why the PTP has no party list MP's  ? Do they still need to be counted ? 

Future forward is doing better and better last i saw was 70 seats now 81

I would bet most of them are young voters - they don't like coups nor past corrupt governments. I hope they keep sticking it at the big parties and will eventually come out on top. 

12 hours ago, robblok said:

From the wiki website

in 2011 the popular vote for PTP was 15.744.190 and now 7.698.115 **

in 2011 the popular vote for Democrats was 11.433.762 now 3.247.658 **

So biggest loser seems to be the Democrats and then the PTP (still being the biggest party)

** there will be more votes as this is at 94%

PTP + FFW + BhumjaiThai will have 261 MP's a majority but not huge and unfortunately not enough for deciding who will be PM. Even if the Democrats do support them.

Looks like we have to look at Prayut mess things up for a few more years. But Prayut can't form a government as he wont have a majority of MP's 

Will be a huge bit of horse trading going on soon. 

Rob, PTP got 7,229,526 on this chart. They got more seats but were second in the popular vote.

5 hours ago, BobBKK said:

so even though:

not allowed to talk

not allowed to meet

disband their partners who had a royal

take down the TV station

malign

lock-up

Thais still want PTP and their allies - substantially over 50% of pop vote and seats

The PTP "ally" party was dissolved. The other anti junta parties might not decide to allay with PTP either now.

PTP got less than 50% of the votes they received at the last election. Shows how unpopular they now are.

11 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Even if PTP had won by a respectable margin and formed a coalition with FF then it would still have difficulty both controlling the House and electing the PM.  Basically, the system is rigged. 

In future elections PTP will only be able to govern if it achieves an absolute landslide.

Seeing as PTP polled less than half the votes this time than the election in 2011 (when they were the biggest minority of votes) I'd suggest people are more likely to support FF and other possible new parties that aren't owned by one family.

I went to have a look at my local polling station yesterday, I knew some of the officials and I would say they were doing the job the right way, police checking the seals everything seemed as it should, what happens when the boxes left s anybody's guess and therein lies the problem here, no one seems to be able to trust what happens after the votes have been cast.

I do think it extraordinary that a new party like the Palang Pracharat party at its first contested election should have such a remarkable success, apparently at the expence of the Democrats, I expect the PM will be overcome with joy at the success of the fledgling party and look forward to taking the country wherever it might be.

3 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Why are you so offensive ? Everyone knows sammieuk is right on the button ????

And why are you so naive?

Beating an olde drum trying to down play the power of the rural vote.

His/her comments were obviously aimed at the Shinawat supporters when any half intelligent individual knows vote buying goes across the board. AND always has done.

250 uncontested seats is the crime here!

On 3/24/2019 at 11:39 PM, Eric Loh said:

Nation reported PTP got 10 party list seats for a total of 163 seats. This piece of news 10 hours ago. Still got to wait for confirmation. 

The results will keep getting scrambled until the predetermined winner decides its time to end the show. You already know who the eventual winner will be.

Archived