BANGKOK 24 May 2019 12:23
webfact

Results update: Pheu Thai wins most MP seats

11 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Even if PTP had won by a respectable margin and formed a coalition with FF then it would still have difficulty both controlling the House and electing the PM.  Basically, the system is rigged. 

In future elections PTP will only be able to govern if it achieves an absolute landslide.

Seeing as PTP polled less than half the votes this time than the election in 2011 (when they were the biggest minority of votes) I'd suggest people are more likely to support FF and other possible new parties that aren't owned by one family.

• Like 1

I went to have a look at my local polling station yesterday, I knew some of the officials and I would say they were doing the job the right way, police checking the seals everything seemed as it should, what happens when the boxes left s anybody's guess and therein lies the problem here, no one seems to be able to trust what happens after the votes have been cast.

I do think it extraordinary that a new party like the Palang Pracharat party at its first contested election should have such a remarkable success, apparently at the expence of the Democrats, I expect the PM will be overcome with joy at the success of the fledgling party and look forward to taking the country wherever it might be.

• Like 1

So that 200 Baht underneath the sandwich box seemed to have worked !!

22 hours ago, bdenner said:

Pathetic words from a pathetic mind. For which party or is that a general statement.

Any half intelligent punter knows the whole thing is a farce.

Why are you so offensive ? Everyone knows sammieuk is right on the button 🙂

3 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Why are you so offensive ? Everyone knows sammieuk is right on the button 🙂

And why are you so naive?

Beating an olde drum trying to down play the power of the rural vote.

His/her comments were obviously aimed at the Shinawat supporters when any half intelligent individual knows vote buying goes across the board. AND always has done.

250 uncontested seats is the crime here!

• Like 1

On 3/24/2019 at 11:39 PM, Eric Loh said:

Nation reported PTP got 10 party list seats for a total of 163 seats. This piece of news 10 hours ago. Still got to wait for confirmation. 

The results will keep getting scrambled until the predetermined winner decides its time to end the show. You already know who the eventual winner will be.

• Like 1

One only needs to look at the source of the information to understand where this will eventually end up.