BANGKOK 27 May 2019 17:12
Pwlewis89

Annual Car Tax Renewal

15 hours ago, malt25 said:

Hi all. I'm kinda hijacking this post, but like to make sure I understand all of the above. I have to reapply for road tax shortly. My car was manufactured in 2011 & first sold in 2012. I guess I'll have to take it for an inspection at an authorised test station, garage. I have just paid my first class annual insurance. Papers, certificate arrived in the mail today.

So, after I get the car inspected I go to LTO with inspection certificate & insurance papers ? Pay for Govt. compulsory insurance & road tax & off I go ? Oh, does LTO need to see the first class insurance policy or they not really interested in that ?

Thanks in advance.....     Mal. 

You can't pay the compulsory insurance at the DLT, but the place that tests your car will be able to sell you the insurance.

Personally, i find it easier to buy the compulsory insurance from the same company that you use for your first class insurance. That way you automatically receive all the papers in the mail and have them ready for going to the DLT.

Sophon

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sophon said:

You can't pay the compulsory insurance at the DLT,

Well you can at the 2 I've used in Chonburi...or you can buy it at the places displaying this sign

post-2109-1243322952.gif

where you can also get the vehicle checked ( for roadworthiness )  if its  a motorcycle older than 5 years or a car older than 7 years.

Can also buy it, at the office beside the DLT main door, in CNX

Both locations

I use the Inspection places as one car on LPG and needs inspection anyway.

Used Tokio Marine for last 5-6 years - good service, bail bond, altho' no claim yet. But others - Thai people - report favorable results